Christmas trees...

Kismet

Ok gang.

Where is the best pplace around here to purchase a real christmas tree?

Looking for a decent tree. Not an inflated price..you know?

Thanks in advance.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Originally posted by Kismet
Ok gang.

Where is the best pplace around here to purchase a real christmas tree?

Looking for a decent tree. Not an inflated price..you know?

Thanks in advance.
We always had pretty good luck at the Center for Life Enrichment in Hollywood. Haven't bought from them in a while though.

nomoney

Always get ours from the st. marys optimist club thats set up right there in solomons in the big open field. got ours there lastnight; nice tree. good size; $40.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
There's also a tree farm on Rt. 6 by 84 Lumber. I don't know about the prices, but they have some nice trees. You can cut your own or they'll cut it for you. Nice people. The wife is a quilter and has a shop right there.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Ehesef
There's also a tree farm on Rt. 6 by 84 Lumber. I don't know about the prices, but they have some nice trees. You can cut your own or they'll cut it for you. Nice people. The wife is a quilter and has a shop right there.

:yeahthat: Close to the house and nice trees. :yay:

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
There are a couple places along Rt. 6 with some very nice trees.

2 - 4am seem to be the best shopping times.

Originally posted by Kyle
There are a couple places along Rt. 6 with some very nice trees.

2 - 4am seem to be the best shopping times.
Hear what they are doing in some areas to prevent this type of "tree shoping"? Spraying the trees w/ a concoction that smells like rotting flesh. :barf:

smile

Solomons Optimist

We got our tree from the Solomons Optimist this year. They always seem to have nice trees each year. Seemed like a pretty good selection when we got ours. They are just over the bridge, in the field directly below it on the Calvert side.

Nanny Pam

Originally posted by huntr1
Hear what they are doing in some areas to prevent this type of "tree shoping"? Spraying the trees w/ a concoction that smells like rotting flesh. :barf:

They are using skunk urine here.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by huntr1

They have to. I saw it first hand when they re-did the entrance our road and planted beautiful evergreens. By Christmas, about a third of them had become somebody's Christmas tree. :burning:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I think Biscuit, Justhangn, MainMan, Huntr and Tater have "secured" my trees against theft. :cool:

Last edited:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
:banghead: re-read the posts ... Kyle was suggesting you five-finger-discount a tree between 2-4 a.m. ... Huntr said people are spraying stinky stuff on their trees to prevent that type of "shopping" ... yada yada yada ...

Originally posted by cariblue
okay, so they're spraying trees with rotting flesh scent....and people are still buying them? :confused:
No. They are spraying trees that shouldn't be cut (i.e. trees along the roadside/in neighborhoods/parks) to prevent them from being stolen.

Originally posted by cariblue
at what point in the thread was I suppose to understand whether the trees were cut trees being sold on the side of the road, or in the ground on private property?
The 2-4 a.m. shoulda been a HUGE tipoff.

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
theres an ad in the val pak coupons that advertises several Christmas tree farms ... does anyone know anything about Basford Creek Farm - rt 238 - mill point rd , Maddox ?? how far is that from california ? TIA:smile:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
For the last nine years we have gone to Wright's Tree Farm off Friendship School Road. New owner's took it over this year, so the name has been changed and I can't for the life of me remember what it is! :whack:

What is nice, is that you can go early (we went last weekend) and pick out and tag your tree and go back later for it (next weekend).

Elle

Happy Camper!
New owner's took it over this year, so the name has been changed and I can't for the life of me remember what it is! :whack:

Friendship Forrest
John Milliman (301) 373-8184