Christmas

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I’m just going to drop this here and let everyone make of it what they will.

IMG_0417.png

stgislander

PREMO Member
Our church participates in the Angel Tree program. We are given names of children along with their Christmas lists that been vetted through the County Social Services office. We also occassionally get names of children directly from the administration our local Title 1 Elementary Schools. That way we are sure there is no shenanigans.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I am on Nextdoor in my neighborhood in Calvert (and unfortunately St Mary's). LOTS of folks with their hands out right now preying on the emotions of kind folks that are too naive to know they are being played.
Sorry, but it isn't my problem if you have too many fu@k trophies or can't pay your rent. No tree or gifts. Too bad. No food? Just line up with all the other people showing up in their Escalades with manicured nails and fancy hairdos claiming poverty.
Don't get me wrong- I have helped many people in "need" and certainly animal rescues but I refuse to be taken by constant beggars that are counting on generosity from people that are probably struggling themselves. Fu@k 'em.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
I am on Nextdoor in my neighborhood in Calvert (and unfortunately St Mary's). LOTS of folks with their hands out right now preying on the emotions of kind folks that are too naive to know they are being played.
Sorry, but it isn't my problem if you have too many fu@k trophies or can't pay your rent. No tree or gifts. Too bad. No food? Just line up with all the other people showing up in their Escalades with manicured nails and fancy hairdos claiming poverty.
Don't get me wrong- I have helped many people in "need" and certainly animal rescues but I refuse to be taken by constant beggars that are counting on generosity from people that are probably struggling themselves. Fu@k 'em.
Exactly! I won't be emotionally blackmailed. I budgeted my money to never go into debt for Christmas (or otherwise!)

I know of a person (thru someone else) who actually FAKED having breast cancer, in order to scam money out of people! That's the lowest form of vile. 😡

Last edited: