Cicadas

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
:lol:
They seem to like electronics. Sam mentioned they got into his pool pump stuff, and a few years back they got into my hot tub electronics, got between the relay contacts and shorted everything out.
They must be converting it in to a transmitter to call the mother ship.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
:lol:
They seem to like electronics. Sam mentioned they got into his pool pump stuff, and a few years back they got into my hot tub electronics, got between the relay contacts and shorted everything out.
No doubt! I'd missed ONE crumb...they found it and decided to stay since it was so nice and warm I guess. Problem was, it was a brand new laptop and the wait time for another new one was out several months (after it's taken them a year + just to get me that one -- gotta love NAVAIR!), so our IT gave me their only loaner and wrapped mine up in a garbage bag for almost 2 months before they could even attempt to clean it out.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They must be converting it in to a transmitter to call the mother ship.
AAF.jpg

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I was in the garden one evening and heard a strange muffled THUMP. Got up to investigate, found my bird water bath laying in it's side.

And a huge nest of ants in the spot the base had been sitting. Jeez.

Hate to think what they're doing under the concrete pad my house sits on.

gemma_rae

I was in the garden one evening and heard a strange muffled THUMP. Got up to investigate, found my bird water bath laying in it's side.

Planning world domination.🐜

TPD

the poor dad

When your house falls on its side, I think you will hear more than a muffled THUMP. Keep us updated.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
To tie this thread together....

I remember years ago when the cicadas were bad, my two boys who were small at the time and I watched one hatch on a tree in our front yard. It was then ambushed by a bunch of ants that swarmed while it was still wet/defenseless. I felt bad for the poor thing. :ohwell:

Reactions: TPD
We have fire ants here like crazy. "They" say it's because it's been so dry but my area is having normal rain and still the fire ants are everywhere.
My only brush with fire ants. was when staying at a Florida resort. While walking around the gorgeous complex my foot brush against a plant. Immediate pain! Closer inspection revealed the culprit! Stayed center sidewalk/path from from that point forward and all subsequent visits!

Bonehead

I had some infest a bathing suit. I didn't notice until I had put it on. It was not fun. And they do bite underwater.