Classified Posting

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've managed to replace my Victor Talking Machine (lost the one I had, along with my valuable collection of clasic 78s in the house fire)...still working on rebuilding the collection. ;-)

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I've managed to replace my Victor Talking Machine (lost the one I had, along with my valuable collection of clasic 78s in the house fire)...still working on rebuilding the collection. ;-)
I'd gladly give you these if you're interested.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Me too, but back then it was funny. He's the joke now.
I have a large collection of Cosby memes now...so there is that consolation at least. ;-)

Cosby.jpg

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I've managed to replace my Victor Talking Machine (lost the one I had, along with my valuable collection of classic 78s in the house fire)...still working on rebuilding the collection. ;-)
I have my great grandmother's Victrola #2, very similar to this one, and several dozen of her and my grandparents' 78's.
Mine is dark mahogany and I still have the key for the lid lock, plus spare needles.
However, have an electric turntable to place the old records.
1652559560080.png

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I have my great grandmother's Victrola #2, very similar to this one, and several dozen of her and my grandparents' 78's.
Mine is dark mahogany and I still have the key for the lid lock, plus spare needles.
However, have an electric turntable to place the old records.
View attachment 164158
That is beautiful. The one I lost in the fire was a full cabinet model like that one, but older...Victor Talking Machine, pre-Victrola. It had the tiger oak cabinet too. It worked perfectly and I'd accumulated a large collection of very early 78 records that included some of the masters of opera from 1900 period. They were originally bought by my great grandmother. (I'm 63...so that's a lot of years ago)

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
That is beautiful. The one I lost in the fire was a full cabinet model like that one, but older...Victor Talking Machine, pre-Victrola. It had the tiger oak cabinet too. It worked perfectly and I'd accumulated a large collection of very early 78 records that included some of the masters of opera from 1900 period. They were originally bought by my great grandmother. (I'm 63...so that's a lot of years ago)
The oldest 78 I have is a 2 sider from 1911. Conway's Concert Band, a Sousa march on one side and a Foxtrot on the other. Conway played cornet in Sousa'a band.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My father had quite a collection of 78s back when I was a child. I remember fondly, one that he entrusted to my care. It was "Open the Door Richard" and my childish self got a huge kick out of listening to it. I don't recall the artist, but a dozen or more bands recorded it around the mid 40s.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My father had quite a collection of 78s back when I was a child. I remember fondly, one that he entrusted to my care. It was "Open the Door Richard" and my childish self got a huge kick out of listening to it. I don't recall the artist, but a dozen or more bands recorded it around the mid 40s.
I always got a kick out of playing the original version of "Hot Rod Lincoln" by Charley Ryan..I think that was produced as both a 45 and a 78 and I had the 78 record. Funny thing was..I found it almost by accident. It had been tucked away in an album box set of full-size 78 records..all country western hits from the late 40s.