Climbing Mount Triglav

Hi,
I am going to Slovenia next month and plan to climb Mount Triglav. I am an experienced mountaineer, but I still would like to know the local conditions. What is the weather like? As unpredictable as in the Swiss and Austrian Alps or not? What is the path to the summit like? Tarmac all the way to the summit or does one need to be chained?
https://www.altitude-activities.com/mountaineering/climbing-mount-triglav
Any advice is appreciated!

Last edited:

Grumpy

Hi,
I am going to Slovenia next month and plan to climb Mount Triglav. I am an experienced mountaineer, but I still would like to know the local conditions. What is the weather like? As unpredictable as in the Swiss and Austrian Alps or not? What is the path to the summit like? Tarmac all the way to the summit or does one need to be chained?
I think this is a good question for Greg.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Hi,

I'm going with . . . . . You're "an experienced mountaineer "and you don't know the conditions of the mountain and the local area you are going to visit? And are asking us questions of which you should already have the answers?

TPD

the poor dad
took me 30 seconds to find the answer. I'm not an "experienced mountaineer", but after watching the video, I think I could almost do that at 56 years old - hell, how hard can it be to hold on to a cable while walking up hill a couple miles. Well 9 miles to be exact, with the last mile being the worst but also having the cable to hold on to.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I thought we considered this OP to be a bot or something based on the previous posts and the questions asked. And never any follow up on how any of the adventurous trips turned out, or if a dentist in Charlotte was ever found.