Clippers owner's bigoted rant

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Fined 2.5 Million and banned for life from all games and banned from all Clippers association and any NBA association at all.

:coffee:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Fined 2.5 Million and banned for life from all games and banned from all Clippers association and any NBA association at all.

:coffee:

Silver, who has known Sterling for more than 20 years, said he was shocked when he first heard the recordings.

Oh, bull ####. And these other owners jumping up and down have known this guy and he past problems while they were owners. This isn't news to them and I hope the press has the sense of duty to the profession to ask them how they accepted it all these years and only now have a problem with it. NAACP, too.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Oh, bull ####. And these other owners jumping up and down have known this guy and he past problems while they were owners. This isn't news to them and I hope the press has the sense of duty to the profession to ask them how they accepted it all these years and only now have a problem with it. NAACP, too.

He's only in trouble for getting caught, kind of like Bill and Monica.

I'm waiting for him to come out and name names about the others. He seems to be the vindictive kind who will want to destroy as many as possible.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What a ####ing joke.

It's only because Adam Silver had to make his name known

Only?

For one thing, he is the commish and, obviously, many people knew this guy's views, including, I would suggest, a number of owners.

What I'll be interested in hearing is if this was A, some sort of sting by the other owners or the league, to get rid of him, get the GF to release the goods and, B, if so, was it personal or business?

Obviously, again, many people, besides his GF knew of his views. Maybe the whole thing is a calculated over reaction to cover everyone elses ass?

Obviously, again, she's gonna have trouble get any other insurance policy now that she's cashed this one in. Plus, it's probably gonna be tough finding another 80 year old meal ticket who isn't at least a little 'of his time' so to speak and who would entertain trusting her with open conversation.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
He's only in trouble for getting caught, kind of like Bill and Monica.

I'm waiting for him to come out and name names about the others. He seems to be the vindictive kind who will want to destroy as many as possible.

I dunno. Why would the GF release this and why now? Blackmail? Some sort of appeal to conscience?

As for vindictive, does he wanna see the teams value go to zero? Or, is he gonna hold that card, names, to get the best deal he can to sell?