close contact saddle

lovemyber135

hey everyone i was looking for a close contact saddle...thats really cheap or that anyone is just lookin to get rid of...not lookin for any particlar brand just something for jumping in...i dont have much money so just let me know :howdy:

Katt

Elam has some used ones for pretty cheap.

Elam and Cheap have never before been used the same sentence. One thing I hate hate hate about buying over at Elams, is if you want to return something bought with a check, he wants to give you store credit! What, does he think he's Macy's? How about a refund? He's really quick to sell you something and say if it doesn't work, bring it back, but then he wants to give you a store credit. Don't think so!

fredsaid2

Elam and Cheap have never before been used the same sentence. One thing I hate hate hate about buying over at Elams, is if you want to return something bought with a check, he wants to give you store credit! What, does he think he's Macy's? How about a refund? He's really quick to sell you something and say if it doesn't work, bring it back, but then he wants to give you a store credit. Don't think so!

He's always given me the option of store credit or a full monetary return. He even let me take a bridle to try for fit and wouldn't accept payment until I decided I did want to purchase it. Face it, tack is expensive regardless of where you shop.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Elam has to be the most honest shop owner I have ever dealt with. He is a man of great character and has always been more giving than he needed to be. I have on numerous times left with a saddle with no payment just to fit it at home to our horses.

Last edited:

lovemyber135

Elam has to be the most honest shop owner I have ever dealt with. He is a man of great character and has always been more giving than he needed to be. I have on numerous times left with a saddle with no payment just to fit it at home to our horses.

i love elam!!! he is amazing!...but we are gettibf off subject lol

fredsaid2

i love elam!!! he is amazing!...but we are gettibf off subject lol

Check sites like TackTrader.com and E-Bay. I sold a Hunterdon last year on e-bay for $375. There are plenty of deals if you know what you want.

Do you know the particulars of the saddle you want? i.e. brand, style, tree, size?

devinej

Check sites like TackTrader.com and E-Bay. I sold a Hunterdon last year on e-bay for $375. There are plenty of deals if you know what you want.

Do you know the particulars of the saddle you want? i.e. brand, style, tree, size?

what size tree do you need? what size seat? and how cheap are you talking?

ebay is great.

oh and Katt, wow, Elam has the best tack store prices around. He's got plenty of loyal customers in the area. I'd love to have store credit, haha.

Duckz

Elam prefers to give store credit, but in my experience he will refund your money if you ask. If anything he errs on the side of too generous.

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
Is that the same one I tried a couple years ago? If so, $200 is a great deal.

Did you try that one or the Pessoa? Yeah I know I jsut need to get rid of the thing at this point I've had it for too long! and I'm looking at new showmanship outfits :smile:

Duckz

Did you try that one or the Pessoa? Yeah I know I jsut need to get rid of the thing at this point I've had it for too long! and I'm looking at new showmanship outfits :smile:

Haha I kind of want it even though it was a little small for me! Your saddle was so comfy. Tell lovemyber to buy it so I'm not tempted :whistle:

Eventer29

What size seat or tree do you need? I have a couple saddles that either we dont use, or dont fit our horses anymore. Would let them go pretty cheap. They are not like new or anything, but would make great starter jumping saddles.