Clothes For women after pregnancy....

Big-Daddy

Hi I'm trying to find some clothes for my wife after she has the baby, I want to kind of surprise her. I know she probably won't fit right back into her original size right away so I want to know where I can get some sexy plus size clothes, (clothes that make her feel sexy). Now I'm not talking size 28-40or anything just a little bigger than the average size. And if you could recommend a place that won't break the bank I'd appreciate it!:whistle:

ShoeQueen77

Hi I'm trying to find some clothes for my wife after she has the baby, I want to kind of surprise her. I know she probably won't fit right back into her original size right away so I want to know where I can get some sexy plus size clothes, (clothes that make her feel sexy). Now I'm not talking size 28-40or anything just a little bigger than the average size. And if you could recommend a place that won't break the bank I'd appreciate it!:whistle:

If my husband's gift to me for delivering his child was some clothes from the plus size store I'd smack him upside his head. I fear your good intentions will land you in the dog house.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
If my husband's gift to me for delivering his child was some clothes from the plus size store I'd smack him upside his head. I fear your good intentions will land you in the dog house.

:lmao: C_Jo only purchases mediums for me, no matter what. :yay: :lol:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Sexy is a state of mind. Tell her she's beautiful, then surprise her with a sitter and take her (your wife) on a date.

If you still thinks she wants clothes, give her money and let her shop while you stay home with the baby.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Sexy is a state of mind. Tell her she's beautiful, then surprise her with a sitter and take her (your wife) on a date.

If you still thinks she wants clothes, give her money and let her shop while you stay home with the baby.

:clap:

I would get her a day in a spa and take care of the newborn while she is there. She might enjoy that a little more! Good luck and congrats on the lil one.

Uh...I wouldent do that....give her the $ and let her internet shop....u must be nuts! whoa....lol

For real! :roflmao:

:yeahthat:

This must be your first child.
You want to do soemthing special for her after the birth? Play houseboy and do ALL the housework, cook all the meals, wash all the clothes, change all the diapers, get up in the middle of the night to get the baby and bring him/her to mom to feed (assuming the baby is eating from THE source), if using formula, get up and get the baby and do the feeding while mom sleeps.
Last thing on Mom's mind is going to be looking sexy for you.

:yeahthat:
Best thing you can do right now is start trying to find a sitter. A good sitter is worth more than gold. We had 1 that we used 2-3 times, she was good. We have a friend that watched the kids for us a lot for a couple years, but we try to avoid going to her because we feel like we are abusing the friendship. We finally found the worlds best babysitter 2-3 years ago. She is GREAT. Thank goodness she is going to College of SoMD next year. No, I will not give you her contact info.

Big-Daddy

No this isn't our first, and the great thing about my wife is that she's not like most women. I just remember when we had our first she had a hard time finding clothes that made her feel good, and she is not the one to, how would you say this..... "scrub it". Even though she is pregnant, and even after she had our first she always kept up with herself. And for some reason I don't see her getting too mad....

C

CalvertNewbie

I would get her a day in a spa and take care of the newborn while she is there. She might enjoy that a little more! Good luck and congrats on the lil one.

That's a great idea! Our little boy just turned 3 months old. Last week on hubby's day off, I finally got to the salon while he watched the baby. Although I was just there for a cut & highlights, it was a very relaxing couple of hours.

Send her to Scalped Salon in PF - there are no children allowed there and she'll appreciate some peace & quiet. They offer spa services, get her a massage & facial. TRUST ME ON THIS! :lol:

C

CalvertNewbie

No this isn't our first, and the great thing about my wife is that she's not like most women. I just remember when we had our first she had a hard time finding clothes that made her feel good, and she is not the one to, how would you say this..... "scrub it". Even though she is pregnant, and even after she had our first she always kept up with herself. And for some reason I don't see her getting too mad....

That's great. Just because we become Moms doesn't mean we should look like slobs. I'll admit.....when I'm home, I often pray nobody unexpectedly knocks on the door. :killingme But when I go out, I still do my hair & makeup like I always have.

She may appreciate being given the "ok" to just go shopping while you watch the baby. That way, she'll feel like she can take her time to find some new clothes to model for you when she gets home.

I

Irish_Eyes

I never understood why women get upset over getting clothes from a plus sized store... Lots of people bought me new clothes after I had my son, and they were all plus sized. I'm not huge, mind you, but just big enough that I'm at the low end of the plus sized scale. Personally, I appreciated the new clothes, and was just happy they fit. Nothing is more embarassing to me than to get clothes that dont fit, then have to take them back to return them in exchange for something bigger. How mortifying.

I like to shop for a lot of my work clothes(which are all pretty casual) at Lane Bryant, but Torrid is good too. Torrid can get REALLY pricey though(like 75+ for a pair of jeans).

My suggestion, if you're even a little worried she will take offence to plus sized clothes bought by you, is find a sitter and take her up to Arundle Mills for the day and let her do the shopping while you carry the bags. Lots of "Yes Honeys" and handing out the credit card while you lug around her new found items will put you on easy street for a little while.