CNN Censors an Entire Continent: Restricts Australians from Accessing Facebook Pages

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Following a recent Australian court ruling making new organizations legally liable for comments on their Facebook posts, CNN has restricted all Australians from accessing its Facebook page, in effect censoring not only a country but an entire continent.

The Wall Street Journal reports that CNN has restricted access to its Facebook pages in Australia following a recent Australian high court ruling that makes news organizations liable for comments made on their Facebook posts. Users in Australia can no longer access CNN’s primary Facebook page, International page, and pages for its shows.

CNN Censors an Entire Continent: Restricts Australians from Accessing Facebook Pages (breitbart.com)

jrt_ms1995

Who in their right mind would care about losing access to CNN's FB pages? They want fake news and satire, they still have the Babylon Bee.
But now Aussies can't ream CNN a new one in the comments and visit FB jail.

BTW, wth is up with Australia lately? Pandemic fascism and making one entity liable for another's comments? Turning into Kiwis or something?

gemma_rae

I'm looking forward to the day Facebook Censors everyone from posting anything. Your homepage will look like this:

Hi (insert name here) Welcome to Facebook What's on your mind?
Shut up!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If I read that correctly, I think....gulp...CNN did the right thing.

Australia: if we see something we don't like in your FB comments, we'll sue you.
CNN: let us just make sure then that you don't see anything you don't like.

Is that about right or did I misunderstand something?

As a side note, Australians need to do something about their government. We thought the Democrats here were bad....yikes. Australia has gone full fascist with their bans and lockdowns and iron fisted rule. If I were President I'd invade that shithole, kill their leader, and free the people.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Australia: if we see something we don't like in your FB comments, we'll sue you.

As a side note, Australians need to do something about their government. We thought the Democrats here were bad....yikes. Australia has gone full fascist with their bans and lockdowns and iron fisted rule. If I were President I'd invade that shithole, kill their leader, and free the people.
Yeah, but it’s Biden so…

BOP

I've pinged several of my friends in Australia, but no response, even though it's 07:40 on the West Coast (Perth) and 09:40 on the east coast (Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane).

Update: one of my friends works in Brisbane, so let's see (hold on, there's math involved), it's nearly 15:00 her time today. 14 hours. Anyway, she just popped up on FB. I pinged her to ask if she could access XiNN, but haven't heard back.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yeah, but it’s Biden so…

It's been fascinating to watch these people show their true colors. One little virus gave them an opportunity to flex hard on their citizens, and MAN they didn't waste one second of it. Not just in the US, but all across the globe. What an eye opening experience. I mean, I always suspected these people were freaking Mugabe wannabes but in the last year and a half they just ripped those masks right off and showed the world who they are.

There's going to be a revolution because the People will only stand for this for so long. It may take a generation, but it's still coming and heads will go on pikes because once the civil social structure has broken down, that's that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If I were President I'd invade that shithole, kill their leader, and free the people.

I need to amend this because it's my understanding that certain Australian states are going full fascist, not Australia as a country. Their President is calling for these states to back off of covid restrictions.

Reactions: BOP

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
but it's still coming and heads will go on pikes
My vision of the approach to Vrai and Monello's compound....

herb749

If so then CNN knows it posts lots of lies . :faint:

herb749

I think they're talking about comments from other people, like abusive ones, or threats, or that biggest most dangerous violation of all: covid heresy.

So they are not afraid of them posting CNN lies on Facebook. Yeah, Australia in in with the klan .