Coke Was Already Going Broke

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Did you know the Coke is made different for sale in the US market? Yup. The recipe here uses High Fructose Corn Syrup. Pretty bad stuff. So in essence, drinking Coke is part of America's health crisis problem.

But in Mexico, just south of the border, the recipe uses plain 'ole sugar.

PeoplesElbow

If I may ...

Did you know the Coke is made different for sale in the US market? Yup. The recipe here uses High Fructose Corn Syrup. Pretty bad stuff. So in essence, drinking Coke is part of America's health crisis problem.

In many stores you can buy glass bottles of mexican coke. Not sure I believe the sugar from HFCS is any different from sugar cane, but it sure does taste different.

Not that I drink anything with sugar any more anyway.

RC use to be my favorite.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

In many stores you can buy glass bottles of mexican coke. Not sure I believe the sugar from HFCS is any different from sugar cane, but it sure does taste different.

Not that I drink anything with sugar any more anyway.

RC use to be my favorite.
Mine too, RC Cola and Nehi Grape, way back in the day.

The reason they taste different is because one has its sweetener in syrup form. There really is a big health disadvantage with HFCS. The body simply cannot process it as it could, say, a natural sweetener, like honey, that has equal parts of naturally combined, (meaning as found in nature), fructose and glucose. HFCS is foreign to the body and causes inflammation to an otherwise healthy human. Even regular sugar is from processed sugarcane and is bad. Studies have determined sugar to be as addictive as cocaine to the pleasure center of the brain. That's why food corporations put it in damned near everything.

I've always said if corporations could get the FDA to determine a small amount of dirt or soil to be classified a GRAS, (Generally Recognized As Safe), because it could hold food together like flour can, it would be in everything we ate simple because of the profit motive. Dirt and soil being pretty much free.

PeoplesElbow

If I may ...

Mine too, RC Cola and Nehi Grape, way back in the day.

The reason they taste different is because one has its sweetener in syrup form. There really is a big health disadvantage with HFCS. The body simply cannot process it as it could, say, a natural sweetener, like honey, that has equal parts of naturally combined, (meaning as found in nature), fructose and glucose. HFCS is foreign to the body and causes inflammation to an otherwise healthy human. Even regular sugar is from processed sugarcane and is bad. Studies have determined sugar to be as addictive as cocaine to the pleasure center of the brain. That's why food corporations put it in damned near everything.

I've always said if corporations could get the FDA to determine a small amount of dirt or soil to be classified a GRAS, (Generally Recognized As Safe), because it could hold food together like flour can, it would be in everything we ate simple because of the profit motive. Dirt and soil being pretty much free.

I'd believe it about sugar being addictive. My job is quite stressful and I find myself dealing with it with the junk food we have at work.

When I was teleworking I was much healthier.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
If I may ...

Vernors ginger ale for years was made with stevia (1866-1991). In 1991 the FDA ruled that stevia could not be used as a sweetener so they went to HFCS, now that the FDA has changed the rule do you think they'd go back? One other thing happened after 1991, pepsi bought the brand, so it's unlikely they'll go back to the more expensive sweetener.

Just had to get that off my chest and this was the first time I'd gotten anything like an opening.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

DaSDGuy

If I may ...

Any Coke product made in the U.S. for Passover has Sucrose (sugar), not High Fructose Corn Syrup. They can be spotted by the yellow bottle caps.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Any Coke product made in the U.S. for Passover has Sucrose (sugar), not High Fructose Corn Syrup. They can be spotted by the yellow bottle caps.
Did not know that. But that's funny and brings up a serious question. Why is there a 'Kosher Tax" applied to all High Fructose Corn Syrup coke products then? I mean, if they have their own kosher version supplied by Coca-Cola, why should Coca-Cola, and by extension the non-jew that drinks their product, pay a kosher tax?

Notice the Circled U on this HFCS canned soda?
71lEfsvi1vL._SL1226_.jpg

Why? Because it's a big extortion racket.

PeoplesElbow

If I may ...

Did not know that. But that's funny and brings up a serious question. Why is there a 'Kosher Tax" applied to all High Fructose Corn Syrup coke products then? I mean, if they have their own kosher version supplied by Coca-Cola, why should Coca-Cola, and by extension the non-jew that drinks their product, pay a kosher tax?

Notice the Circled U on this HFCS canned soda?
71lEfsvi1vL._SL1226_.jpg

Why? Because it's a big extortion racket.
Hmm most of the cans I've seen have the state of WV stamped on them.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Hans Bader, a longtime civil rights lawyer who served a stint in the federal Office for Civil Rights, described Coca-Cola’s policy as “illegal.”

“Affirmative-action goals are supposed to be tied to the qualified labor pool, which is less than the general population for skilled jobs such as legal jobs,” Bader told The Daily Wire, citing the 1984 Supreme Court case Janowiak v. South Bend, which emphasized that the skilled labor force is what matters in affirmative action, not the general population.

Bader also noted that Coca-Cola’s policy goes against the purpose of affirmative action in that it appears to be “a permanent demand and aspiration.”

“Affirmative action goals are supposed to be temporary, and used to ‘attain’ but not permanently ‘maintain’ racial balance,” Bader said, citing the Supreme Court’s 1979 decision in Steelworkers v. Weber, which held that the Civil Rights Act did not bar employers from favoring women and minorities.

Bader also said Coca-Cola’s policy likely violates another law that was “interpreted as flatly prohibiting racial quotas” by the Supreme Court in 2003.
Retired attorney Paul Mirengoff wrote in a blog for Power Line that Coca-Cola has left itself vulnerable to being sued for racial discrimination with its new diversity policy.

UglyBear

Hans Bader, a longtime civil rights lawyer who served a stint in the federal Office for Civil Rights, described Coca-Cola’s policy as “illegal.”

“Affirmative-action goals are supposed to be tied to the qualified labor pool, which is less than the general population for skilled jobs such as legal jobs,” Bader told The Daily Wire, citing the 1984 Supreme Court case Janowiak v. South Bend, which emphasized that the skilled labor force is what matters in affirmative action, not the general population.

Bader also noted that Coca-Cola’s policy goes against the purpose of affirmative action in that it appears to be “a permanent demand and aspiration.”

“Affirmative action goals are supposed to be temporary, and used to ‘attain’ but not permanently ‘maintain’ racial balance,” Bader said, citing the Supreme Court’s 1979 decision in Steelworkers v. Weber, which held that the Civil Rights Act did not bar employers from favoring women and minorities.

Bader also said Coca-Cola’s policy likely violates another law that was “interpreted as flatly prohibiting racial quotas” by the Supreme Court in 2003.
Retired attorney Paul Mirengoff wrote in a blog for Power Line that Coca-Cola has left itself vulnerable to being sued for racial discrimination with its new diversity policy.

Silly old-school liberals... this current chiat has nothing to do with you or your lofty ideas of “equality”! The crazies are talking “equity” now.

Shut up, stay low, and try not to get splattered.

(not like this needs clarification, the above post was directed at the old fool who is the subject of the quoted piece ).

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
‘Woke’ Coke Pauses Diversity Plan After ‘Intense Backlash,’ Plan Author Suddenly Resigns

“Legal defense foundation Project on Fair Representation published an open letter to Coca-Cola last week warning that Coke’s outside counsel ‘racial quota requirements’ are ‘unlawful,'” the outlet added.

Republican leaders announced boycotts and state and federal legislators warned that if Coca-Cola and other high-profile corporations did not stay out of politics that they could lose tax breaks at the state and federal levels. It’s not clear whether the boycotts or the threats of rescinding tax breaks worked, but Coca-Cola’s stock was down around 12% in January. The company plans to report first-quarter profits shortly.

In late April, Coca-Cola quietly announced that Gayton had departed his role as general counsel with a “golden parachute” — an unusual event given that Gayton had worked for the company for less than a year.

“As part of the [separation] agreement, [Gayton] will receive a $4 million sign-on payment and a monthly consulting fee of $666,666, beginning this month and ending April 2022,” the company reported, according to BusinessWire, which listed Gayton’s new role as helping to “drive certain key objectives,” without further explanation.

Hijinx

‘Woke’ Coke Pauses Diversity Plan After ‘Intense Backlash,’ Plan Author Suddenly Resigns

“Legal defense foundation Project on Fair Representation published an open letter to Coca-Cola last week warning that Coke’s outside counsel ‘racial quota requirements’ are ‘unlawful,'” the outlet added.

Republican leaders announced boycotts and state and federal legislators warned that if Coca-Cola and other high-profile corporations did not stay out of politics that they could lose tax breaks at the state and federal levels. It’s not clear whether the boycotts or the threats of rescinding tax breaks worked, but Coca-Cola’s stock was down around 12% in January. The company plans to report first-quarter profits shortly.

In late April, Coca-Cola quietly announced that Gayton had departed his role as general counsel with a “golden parachute” — an unusual event given that Gayton had worked for the company for less than a year.

“As part of the [separation] agreement, [Gayton] will receive a $4 million sign-on payment and a monthly consulting fee of $666,666, beginning this month and ending April 2022,” the company reported, according to BusinessWire, which listed Gayton’s new role as helping to “drive certain key objectives,” without further explanation.

666 , 666 I wonder how that figure was decided on.