Coke Was Already Going Broke

jrt_ms1995

‘Woke’ Coke Pauses Diversity Plan After ‘Intense Backlash,’ Plan Author Suddenly Resigns

“Legal defense foundation Project on Fair Representation published an open letter to Coca-Cola last week warning that Coke’s outside counsel ‘racial quota requirements’ are ‘unlawful,'” the outlet added.

Republican leaders announced boycotts and state and federal legislators warned that if Coca-Cola and other high-profile corporations did not stay out of politics that they could lose tax breaks at the state and federal levels. It’s not clear whether the boycotts or the threats of rescinding tax breaks worked, but Coca-Cola’s stock was down around 12% in January. The company plans to report first-quarter profits shortly.

In late April, Coca-Cola quietly announced that Gayton had departed his role as general counsel with a “golden parachute” — an unusual event given that Gayton had worked for the company for less than a year.

“As part of the [separation] agreement, [Gayton] will receive a $4 million sign-on payment and a monthly consulting fee of $666,666, beginning this month and ending April 2022,” the company reported, according to BusinessWire, which listed Gayton’s new role as helping to “drive certain key objectives,” without further explanation.
Wish I could get fired like that. ;)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think people and corporations should do as they please and suffer the consequences. Spew all the racial BS you want, and then people can make up their own minds whether they want to contribute to your freaking $8M paycheck or not.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I think people and corporations should do as they please and suffer the consequences. Spew all the racial BS you want, and then people can make up their own minds whether they want to contribute to your freaking $8M paycheck or not.
I'd agree if this were 10 or 15 years ago. A decision like this would have incurred the wrath of the consumers, if corporations were even stupid enough to try it. Not so much in today's woke world.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

No HFCS you say? Well that explains why Mexico has absolutely no problem with obesity, high blood pressure, or heart disease.:rolleyes:
A funny thing. Watched a video recently. This video appears to dispel that Mexican soda Cola is made with sugar, and is in fact made with HFCS. Seems Coca-Cola has been BSing them, and us as a marketing scam, for a while now.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Coca-Cola Lost Billions After Being Snubbed By International Soccer Star Cristiano Ronaldo

As the press conference was starting, “Ronaldo, an advocate of a healthy diet, moved the glass bottles out of the camera frame and instead held up a bottle of water and said in Portuguese: ‘Water!’” ESPN reported. “Coca-Cola saw its share price drop by 1.6% to $55.22 soon after Ronaldo’s actions. The market value went from $242bn to $238bn – a $4bn drop.”

Coca-Cola is an official sponsor of the Euro 2020 and its drinks are offered to players free of charge at every press conference.

“Players are offered water, alongside Coca-Cola and Coca-Cola Zero Sugar, on arrival at our press conferences,” a Euro 2020 spokesperson said in a statement. Everyone “is entitled to their drink preferences.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Tom Cotton Shreds Coca-Cola In Explosive Hearing For Refusing To Condemn Communist China

TRANSCRIPT:

SEN. TOM COTTON (R-AR): So your company said at the time that we will continue to stand up for what is right in Georgia and across the United States. So are we to take from your that statement at the time that Coca Cola will not stand up for what is right outside the United States? Because that’s what it sounds like this morning in this testimony.
PAUL LALLI, COCA-COLA’S GLOBAL VICE PRESIDENT FOR HUMAN RIGHTS: No, Senator, we stand up for what is right across the world. We apply the same human rights principles in the United States that we do across the world.
COTTON: Do you believe that the Chinese Communist Party is committing genocide against the Uyghur people?
LALLI: We’re aware of the reports of the State Department on this issue as well. There are other departments of the U.S. government. We respect those reports. They continue to inform our program, as do reports from other from civil society.
COTTON: You see this is what I’m talking about. Under questioning from Senator Merkley, and Representative McGovern, and Representative Chris Smith, every single one of you refused to say a single word by all appearances that will cost you one bit of market share inside of mainland China. Mr. Lalli, for instance, you were asked if Coca Cola would call for the IOC, to delay the Chinese Olympics to give a chance for them to be rebid or for China to stop its genocide against its own people and you said that Coca Cola quote, I think is your exact words, quote, ‘doesn’t have a say,’ end quote. So, can you tell me why Coca Cola doesn’t have a say in whether it’s sponsors the genocide Olympics next year, but it does have a say and how the state of Georgia runs its election laws?
LALLI: Senator, what I stated was that we do not have a say in the selection of the host city, nor on whether an Olympics is postponed or relocated.
COTTON: Yeah, so you don’t, but you could just make a statement. Your CEO could saddle up the same moral high horse that he got on when Georgia passed its election law and write a letter to the IOC and ask them to, anybody can do that. If he’s an American citizen, that’s his right under our Constitution.
LALLI: As I stated, we are most engaged on policy issues here at home. But we are clear in our respect for human rights globally.
COTTON: Can you can you explain to me why James Quincy, will … denounce a democratically elected legislature’s laws, but he will not simply say that the IOC should consider rebidding its Olympics or that Coca Cola should consider sponsoring the genocide Olympics? What’s the difference there?
LALLI: Our role as a sponsor is to support and follow the athletes.
COTTON: So, you’re sponsoring the genocide Olympics, you are spending millions of dollars to sponsor the genocide Olympics. Yet you will not opine on any matter about it, that you will stick your nose in the Georgia legislature’s election reform laws. Can you explain to me the contrast?
LALLI: First, let me say that we do not make decisions on these host locations we support and follow the athletes wherever they compete.
COTTON: Yeah, no, I’ve heard your talking points. And I’m tired of hearing them, Mr. Lalli. I’m asking you a simple question. Why is it that Coca Cola will opine on Georgia’s election laws, but not on the genocide Olympics?
LALLI: As I’ve stated, of Georgia is our home, it’s where many of our employees live and work. And we are most engaged on public policy issues here in the US.
COTTON: I think the answer is, you are afraid of the Chinese Communist Party, you’re afraid of what they will do to your company, if you say a single word, like for instance, saying that both the Biden and the Trump administration are correct when they say that China is committing a genocide against its own.