Cold kills off 31 percent of bay's crabs

Cold Kill Off

Just depends which version you choose to listen to.....

The survey also reports that 254 million adult crabs survived an unusually cold winter in the Chesapeake, above the current population target for the third year in a row. This marks the first time since the early 90s that the Bay has seen three consecutive years where the adult population was above the target (200 million crabs) and the combined commercial and recreational harvest was below the target of 46 percent.

Crab Season Is Looking Good! - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
So, the price of crabs should go down...bet it doesn't, though. Greedy bastages.

This is :offtopic: but related ... when the hay growers realized they could get $5 to $9 a bale for hay during the rise in fuel prices years ago, the prices has never returned to pre-fuel rise prices ! Once they knew they could get people to pay that much ... they want it to continue.

Now those of us who buy hay for our livestock are paying much higher prices, even when fuel prices are NOT high. Try to buy a bale of Timothy or Orchard Grass hay somewhere, bet you pay $5+ for it, high fuel prices or not.

The cost of maintaining just 1 horse went up considerably when the hay prices went up. I'm just sick of the greed.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
This is :offtopic: but related ... when the hay growers realized they could get $5 to $9 a bale for hay during the rise in fuel prices years ago, the prices has never returned to pre-fuel rise prices ! Once they knew they could get people to pay that much ... they want it to continue.

Now those of us who buy hay for our livestock are paying much higher prices, even when fuel prices are NOT high. Try to buy a bale of Timothy or Orchard Grass hay somewhere, bet you pay $5+ for it, high fuel prices or not.

The cost of maintaining just 1 horse went up considerably when the hay prices went up. I'm just sick of the greed.

I can't think of any reason why I'd buy hay, or crabs. :ohwell: