Collins or Campbell?

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Jason Campbell looked really sad at the end of the Red/Cow game. last week. It's like he was thinking of what people would be saying as far as who plays in the playoffs. Good to know he will be ok.

Hmm... good point on that trail ride but what took them so long this season?

Well, if you were Campbell, wouldn't you feel like crap that you go down, and someone else come sin a runs YOUR offense better, and is playing lights out... granted, I'm sure he is glad the team is winning, but if you've ever played sports, you want to be part of that reason, not the one watching someone else doing it...

As for with Collins, he has also been behind "big" names everywhere he went, in Buffalo, then Kansas city, and what has hurt Collins, is he isn't a fast guy, nor does he have a cannon for an arm... If you look at the so called "great" QB's, the have something no one else does..

Brady, Manning, Elway, Farve - they could/can throw the ball a country mile.
Romo, Campbell, Vick, Gerrard(sp) - they can move, and throw a country mile, just not as accurate.

You have to bring something to the table no one else on your team can...that is why Campbell will be #1 again next year, in my opinion.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Well, if you were Campbell, wouldn't you feel like crap that you go down, and someone else come sin a runs YOUR offense better, and is playing lights out... granted, I'm sure he is glad the team is winning, but if you've ever played sports, you want to be part of that reason, not the one watching someone else doing it...

As for with Collins, he has also been behind "big" names everywhere he went, in Buffalo, then Kansas city, and what has hurt Collins, is he isn't a fast guy, nor does he have a cannon for an arm... If you look at the so called "great" QB's, the have something no one else does..

Romo, Campbell, Vick, Gerrard(sp) - they can move, and throw a country mile, just not as accurate.

You have to bring something to the table no one else on your team can...that is why Campbell will be #1 again next year, in my opinion.

Sorry, But I cant agree...

I'll take a QB with brains over one who has an arm anyday. JC is not a smart QB, and he cant lead his offense. Collins is, and can lead.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Sorry, But I cant agree...

I'll take a QB with brains over one who has an arm anyday. JC is not a smart QB, and he cant lead his offense. Collins is, and can lead.

smart is something you learn.

Tell me how many HOF qb's came in the league smart.

how many qb's playing today came in the league smart?

donbarzini

I hate to go wishy-washy, but you're both right. I would rather have the smart QB. And smart is something you learn. But..............

Are you willing to wait for it to happen. The best example I can think of is Jim Plunkett. How long did it take him to finally learn smart? His 3rd team.
SBK...You wanna wait that long for Campbell?

LordStanley

I know nothing
smart is something you learn.

Tell me how many HOF qb's came in the league smart.

how many qb's playing today came in the league smart?

Your right. So why did The skins go with JC so fast, instead of letting him mature on the sidelines. Why, Because they made a stupid move in getting washed up Brunell and had no other QB to go to. JC was the only hope to save last season from the disaster Brunell had created. It didnt help. The skins didnt look good this year behind JC, and limped into the playoffs behind collins.

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
I don't see him making 5-6 mil at 37yr old...when they will also take into account he has been in the same offense for 9yrs, hence why he looks so good.

Good point..However at 37 he hasn't sustained the punishment and injuries of a QB thats been in the league the same amount of time.
Actually there are first year QB's that have took more hits than Collins.
At Buffalo he was behind a damn good line and the Redskins line has been doing a damn fine job too.
"the same line that got the all the blame for Campbell not getting the job done"

Gibbs is an idiot starting Campbell. During preseason it was very clear that Collins was the better QB and it was clear the Campbell was not ready.

Peter Forsberg

Cambell has the arm but not the smarts to lead a team. The Seattle crowd would have been to much for Cambell heck they are giving Collins fits.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Campbell...

Cambell has the arm but not the smarts to lead a team. The Seattle crowd would have been to much for Cambell heck they are giving Collins fits.

...isn't accurate enough for the type plays Collins has been executing the last 4 weeks and today. THat's the worrisome part, accuracy.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Jason...

I wonder what will happen next season?

...has a lot of questions to answer now through pre season; quicker reads, more accurate passes.

You can see that Todd just doesn't have a very strong arm at all and maybe that hurt some today with some of the outs, but, to me, he's our best chance to win next year at qb.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!

Well it was very clear today that the Seahawks have fast guys on their teams. I guess I need to pay attention more. And, that will be amazing that Campbell will start. I guess it's really that he got hurt that Collins got his chance and not that he screwed up and someone else took over. Yes, I would definitely feel sad to not be a part of it. So, I understand his feelings but things happen for a reason. Slow or not Collins did great!!! :yahoo:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
Your right. So why did The skins go with JC so fast, instead of letting him mature on the sidelines. Why, Because they made a stupid move in getting washed up Brunell and had no other QB to go to. JC was the only hope to save last season from the disaster Brunell had created. It didnt help. The skins didnt look good this year behind JC, and limped into the playoffs behind collins.

Very poetically said. :clap: