Coloring hair

ginwoman

Ladies, when you color your hair at home, do you rinse it in a basin or tub or do you rinse it in the shower?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So does a friend of mine. I would just think its not a good thing to let the color run down on your skin.

It's only there for a second or two. And really, after it's been on your scalp for 20 mins or so? Not dead yet, or even striped, so I guess it must be okay.

:shrug:

nobody really

I need a nap
shower is the easiest, tried sink and tub. didn't like it.

I wish they would put two sets of those cheap gloves in the box. one when applying and a pair for rinsing. can't sit there with those friggin gloves on for that long. taking them off always ruins them. i keep a box of latex gloves handy.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
I rinse mine in the kitchen sink using the hand-sprayer so I get all the hard to reach spots and easier on my back than leaning over the tub. I usually color at night and don't need a second shower.

kk2187

shower is the easiest, tried sink and tub. didn't like it.

I wish they would put two sets of those cheap gloves in the box. one when applying and a pair for rinsing. can't sit there with those friggin gloves on for that long. taking them off always ruins them. i keep a box of latex gloves handy.

I don't even use gloves to rinse in the shower. The dye doesn't stay on my hands long enough to stain.

Sally's in San Succi sells cheap reusable gloves. I have a pair and they've held up for a while.

ginwoman

I'm concerned that the color will stain my shower walls and floor. Reason being is because when some color splashes on the counter top when I'm applying it, it tends to stain the counter top.

mitzi

I'm concerned that the color will stain my shower walls and floor. Reason being is because when some color splashes on the counter top when I'm applying it, it tends to stain the counter top.

No it really doesn't. With the water running constantly it dilutes it.