Comcast

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Meanwhile, our home internet service from Breezeline continues to be crappy/intermittent. I don't think its a basic infrastructure issue though, because the commercial internet+phone service to the shop/office building is pretty solid. I'm guessing their system simply cannot support the bandwidth they've sold.

wubbles

They're online near me now. I have had junk mail stuffed in my door three times now advertising xfinity.

Tech

Meanwhile, our home internet service from Breezeline continues to be crappy/intermittent. I don't think its a basic infrastructure issue though, because the commercial internet+phone service to the shop/office building is pretty solid. I'm guessing their system simply cannot support the bandwidth they've sold.
In my neighborhood Comcast is currently installing lines and Breezeline is supposed to upgrade their current lines too. Lawn and street looks like a queer pride event.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
In my neighborhood Comcast is currently installing lines and Breezeline is supposed to upgrade their current lines too. Lawn and street looks like a queer pride event.
One of the local Breezeline techs is a younger lad I've known all his life; he told me that there were real upgrades on the way for our area. Of course he told me that last fall, so...

BernieP

Resident PIA
One of the local Breezeline techs is a younger lad I've known all his life; he told me that there were real upgrades on the way for our area. Of course he told me that last fall, so...
I would say don't hold your breath. I recently found out that a few neighborhoods do in fact have fiberoptic service.
Don't know if the trunk line to the neighborhood is fiber, but the contractor that built the hood laid it in.
It's a hodge podge, it's alway been and will always be.
Unless COMCAST is truly a competitor, but I'd vote for more a poacher. They will poach off the neighborhoods off 235 and maybe 5?, not sure on that. 235 has a fiber trunk running down to Ridge, not sure how far south, but it was mainly for Pax River but they added length for the schools.
I'm not sure about the Rt 5 side, or Hollywood (close to the main office).
The story is that the cost to upgrade the entire county is too high for them to recoup the expense with the number of customers available.
That's why some areas just don't get service period because the cable company can't justify the expense for the number of houses that would be served.
Of course there is federal money around to bring high speed internet to unserved areas. But my guess is that unless the area meets the socio-economic criteria, it's not going to happen.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I would say don't hold your breath. I recently found out that a few neighborhoods do in fact have fiberoptic service.
Don't know if the trunk line to the neighborhood is fiber, but the contractor that built the hood laid it in.
It's a hodge podge, it's alway been and will always be.
Unless COMCAST is truly a competitor, but I'd vote for more a poacher. They will poach off the neighborhoods off 235 and maybe 5?, not sure on that. 235 has a fiber trunk running down to Ridge, not sure how far south, but it was mainly for Pax River but they added length for the schools.
I'm not sure about the Rt 5 side, or Hollywood (close to the main office).
The story is that the cost to upgrade the entire county is too high for them to recoup the expense with the number of customers available.
That's why some areas just don't get service period because the cable company can't justify the expense for the number of houses that would be served.
Of course there is federal money around to bring high speed internet to unserved areas. But my guess is that unless the area meets the socio-economic criteria, it's not going to happen.
There is fiber to the Lundeberg School. It's another 2 miles from there to my business and Verizon quoted us almost 60 grand to take it here.

BernieP

Resident PIA
There is fiber to the Lundeberg School. It's another 2 miles from there to my business and Verizon quoted us almost 60 grand to take it here.
What I found interesting was the person who was telling me they had fiber in their neighborhood, was using the standard copper coax cable to get their internet.

jrt_ms1995

It's another 2 miles from there to my business and Verizon quoted us almost 60 grand to take it here.
I'm sure SGI would understand receiving no salary for the next 5 years in order to improve his future productivity, right? He's that kinda guy! :lol:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm sure SGI would understand receiving no salary for the next 5 years in order to improve his future productivity, right? He's that kinda guy! :lol:
crap.Ever since his wife became a very highly paid bathing suit model, he's considered his marine engineering job expendable,.

Blister

Hell with that. I'll just retire now. Won't break my heart.
I retired Nov. 1st. Just do it, I don't care what anyone says, if you can retire without budgeting for an all cat food diet, it is worth it. Gilligan will be begging you to come back part time for twice the pay.

SamSpade

I keep checking their site doing the "build your plan" and it says I'm not on of their addresses - yet.

I wonder - geez, WHEN? Seems like they pulled up stakes long ago - the crews are gone, and it really doesn't look like anything is left to be done.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I keep checking their site doing the "build your plan" and it says I'm not on of their addresses - yet.

I wonder - geez, WHEN? Seems like they pulled up stakes long ago - the crews are gone, and it really doesn't look like anything is left to be done.
There are linemen down the street right now. I can't see the truck to get the name.

SamSpade

There are linemen down the street right now. I can't see the truck to get the name.
BTW what the hell are they doing at the old school - the adult education center or whatever that thing is next to the lodge and across from the post office?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
BTW what the hell are they doing at the old school - the adult education center or whatever that thing is next to the lodge and across from the post office?
I noticed the ribbons atop the roof and saw people up there the other day. I think they are getting a new roof, and the ribbons were to indicate the edge, so no one falls off. That's my guess.