Come back "home", Jaromir

Baz

This. ------------------>
:yahoo:

Whether he ends up playing for the Penguins one more year or not (which would be awesome), his return to the fold is long overdue.

Jaromir Jagr is without a contract to play hockey next season.

However, the Penguins -- seemingly the team still closest to his heart -- are planning to extend an offer that could be the first step on a path toward the grandest homecoming by a professional athlete in Pittsburgh since quarterback Terry Bradshaw symbolically rejoined the Steelers family in 2002.

The Penguins plan to invite Jagr to their annual summer alumni golf outing, which will serve as a reunion for members of the 1991 Stanley Cup championship club. He started that season as an 18-year-old rookie and scored 27 regular-season goals before adding 13 points in the playoffs.

Reflective Jagr calls time with Penguins 'my best years' - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Baz

Keep his old butt in the front office

:lol:

He's still got skills. Looked good in 2008 with the Rangers, last year in the Olympics (even though Ovi crushed him on that hit), and just today scored a hattie against the Americans in the World Championships.

LordStanley

I know nothing
:lol:

He's still got skills. Looked good in 2008 with the Rangers, last year in the Olympics (even though Ovi crushed him on that hit), and just today scored a hattie against the Americans in the World Championships.

KHL and international/worlds isnt the NHL... Im not saying he doesnt have skill, but there was a reason he left the NHL.

LordStanley

I know nothing
No ####. My son had his rookie card, which didn't mean anything to him at the time, but it would be worth something today. If he hadn't given it to some other kid.

and that kid probably used it between his bicycle spokes to make motorcycle sounds... :LOL:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
So, "Ovie" is really aiming at Jagr when he hits that penguin with the puck from the rooftop? "Sorry, Penguin....." :toothlessgrin:

funny commercial..

:yahoo:

Whether he ends up playing for the Penguins one more year or not (which would be awesome), his return to the fold is long overdue.

Reflective Jagr calls time with Penguins 'my best years' - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

In my Penguins hockey household, his is a name we do not speak. When we do refer to him (not often), he is known as "The Traitor". The poster was ceremoniously ripped down from the wall when he signed with the Caps for more money.

Bah! :wespitonhisname:

(and this is the cleaned up version of how we REALLY feel!):coffee:

Baz

KHL and international/worlds isnt the NHL... Im not saying he doesnt have skill, but there was a reason he left the NHL.

Yeah, I get that. Which is why I didn't list his KHL accomplishments.

And we all know why he went to the KHL. $$$

Although there is no reason to expect it, I understand how Flyers fan has no desire to see 68 on 87's wing.

I just want him to be back with the team, off ice. On ice is a dream.

Last edited:

Baz

funny commercial..

In my Penguins hockey household, his is a name we do not speak. When we do refer to him (not often), he is known as "The Traitor". The poster was ceremoniously ripped down from the wall when he signed with the Caps for more money.

Bah! :wespitonhisname:

(and this is the cleaned up version of how we REALLY feel!):coffee:

You're certainly entitled to that opinion. I remember all the good 68 brought to the Pens. Also know that while he left under less-than-perfect circumstances, he would have been moved anyways. He would have been a casualty of the salary dump, just like everyone else.
-
Boo if you want, but the Pens don't have their first 2 Cups without him

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
You're certainly entitled to that opinion. I remember all the good 68 brought to the Pens. Also know that while he left under less-than-perfect circumstances, he would have been moved anyways. He would have been a casualty of the salary dump, just like everyone else.
-
Boo if you want, but the Pens don't have their first 2 Cups without him

No argument with any of his accomplishments while he played for us. It would not have mattered nearly as much had he gone to say, the Red Wings, or any other team with the exceptions of the Caps & Philly. Leaving your team (where you've done practically miracles and been one of the star players) to go to one of the top rival teams is what bothered us. In our family, loyalty is important. This was a slap in the face, not a knuckle rap. It's the degree of the betrayal that grates.

Baz

No argument with any of his accomplishments while he played for us. It would not have mattered nearly as much had he gone to say, the Red Wings, or any other team with the exceptions of the Caps & Philly. Leaving your team (where you've done practically miracles and been one of the star players) to go to one of the top rival teams is what bothered us. In our family, loyalty is important. This was a slap in the face, not a knuckle rap. It's the degree of the betrayal that grates.

What's often overlooked in Jagr's departure is that the Penguins traded him to the Caps, Jagr did not choose them. He did not leave via free agency, to sign where he wanted. He had no choice. So if you're angry that he went to the Caps, your anger is misplaced.

Jagr wanted a trade, but Craig Patrick and the Penguins front office chose Washington, not Jagr.

Think about it. The Penguins sent him to Washington. They just had to know Washington's ineptitude would render Jagr's skills useless. :lol:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
What's often overlooked in Jagr's departure is that the Penguins traded him to the Caps, Jagr did not choose them. He did not leave via free agency, to sign where he wanted. He had no choice. So if you're angry that he went to the Caps, your anger is misplaced.

Jagr wanted a trade, but Craig Patrick and the Penguins front office chose Washington, not Jagr.

Think about it. The Penguins sent him to Washington. They just had to know Washington's ineptitude would render Jagr's skills useless. :lol:

You're saying they sent him in as a double agent? Well, huh, what an interesting idea... I need to go research this one, brb...:coffee:

Baz

Well, it sounds like it's coming down to the wire between Detroit and Pittsburgh. (Jagr is rightfully only looking for a 1-yr. deal.)

Detroit has more cap space, and therefore has reportedly offered more money than PIT has. (No word on the amounts/difference.) But Jagr has continued to say he'd prefer to play his last year in Pittsburgh. So it sounds like he simply has to choose which is more important to him. The most amount of money, or "making things right" and finishing his career as a Penguin.

Now, If the Wings are offering Jagr significantly more than Pittsburgh is, I won't be bent out of shape if he chooses Detroit, as it's likely to be his last big paycheck.

That said, I REALLLLLY would love to see him in a Pittsburgh jersey one more time.

Last edited: