Come back "home", Jaromir

Baz

This. ------------------>
Pens withdraw offer to Jagr - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

We made what we thought was a very fair contract offer to Jaromir on Tuesday, based on his stated interest of returning to the Penguins," said Ray Shero, the team's executive vice president and general manager in a statement. "We made our best offer from the start, given our salary cap structure, in an attempt to facilitate a deal. But now, after several days, with an extended time frame for making a decision, and additional teams getting involved, we have decided to move in a different direction. It was never our intention to get involved in a free agent bidding war, and we have to focus on our team.

While I'm disappointed it didn't happen, I agree with Shero. Not sure if it was Jagr or his agent, but they strung this out way too long. If Jagr wanted to play in Pittsburgh, it wasn't a complicated decision.

Still looking forward to seeing him back in the NHL, though.

JoeR

Pens withdraw offer to Jagr - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

While I'm disappointed it didn't happen, I agree with Shero. Not sure if it was Jagr or his agent, but they strung this out way too long. If Jagr wanted to play in Pittsburgh, it wasn't a complicated decision.

Still looking forward to seeing him back in the NHL, though.

I agree Baz. As much as it would have been great to have him back, we need to take care of more core players. Like this:

Penguins keep Tyler Kennedy

Baz

Just heard Jagr signed with PHILLY. For real?!? :faint: Haven't heard the terms yet.

If true, he better not join the team on their Pittsburgh road games. He may not make it out alive. :lol: If he thought he was boo'd there before. :killingme

Last edited:

Baz

No... and Im just as shocked!!! I was hoping we would sign Leino again.

Im not looking foward to seeing him in philly orange, no more than you want to see him in it. Just doesnt feel right :lol:

No kidding!

Just heard it's for $3.3 million. Hope that 1.3 is worth it to him, any goodwill he had in Pittsburgh was just burned to the ground. Probably cost him his friendship with Lemieux as well.

Probably spent all his money on gambling if that difference was so important to him.

Maybe Mario will unretire just to get on the ice and beat the crap out of Jagr. :lol:

LordStanley

I know nothing
No kidding!

Just heard it's for $3.3 million. Hope that 1.3 is worth it to him, any goodwill he had in Pittsburgh was just burned to the ground. Probably cost him his friendship with Lemieux as well.

Probably spent all his money on gambling if that difference was so important to him.

Maybe Mario will unretire just to get on the ice and beat the crap out of Jagr. :lol:

This should make an interesting upcoming season. talk about self-induced drama. :banghead:

Baz

This should make an interesting upcoming season. talk about self-induced drama. :banghead:

As if the rivalry needed any more gasoline. :jameo:

Know who the biggest winner in this is? Barry Bonds. He is no longer the most hated athlete in Pittsburgh. Hope Jagr had the foresight to sell his house in Pittsburgh before the news broke. :lol:

On second thought, no I don't!

LordStanley

I know nothing
As if the rivalry needed any more gasoline. :jameo:

Know who the biggest winner in this is? Barry Bonds. He is no longer the most hated athlete in Pittsburgh. Hope Jagr had the foresight to sell his house in Pittsburgh before the news broke. :lol:

On second thought, no I don't!

:lol: Mario probably paid him 5mil to play like #### and disrupt the locker room :lol:

LordStanley

I know nothing
You might be onto something there!!

Obviously you're not too happy about it, either. Can Leino play RW?

If we have the money to sign him, he may have to learn. Too bad we cant dump Scott Hartnell in the process. That would at least make up for signing Jagr.

When are we allowed to trade Jagr? :lol:

Baz

If we have the money to sign him, he may have to learn. Too bad we cant dump Scott Hartnell in the process. That would at least make up for signing Jagr.

When are we allowed to trade Jagr? :lol:

I asked about Leino playing RW, but for the Penguins. :cheesy: Jagr plays RW.

Just heard Philly looking at Max Talbot. :lol: The Philadelphia Flyguins!

Baz

They just signed Talbot. 5 years, $9 Million. :faint: He's a 4th line center!!

Holmgren's lost it.