Comey friend: Nothing scarier to Trump than someone who tells the truth

Hijinx

Speaking of people who tell the truth, It would be great if Comey actually came out and tell the truth about why he covered for Hillary.

I don't really expect him too though.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think (I obviously don't know) that Trump says things like, "I have confidence in him" as a way to maintain confidence in the system as a whole.

Also, public figures are usually more diplomatic in front of the cameras*. They say things like, "my good friend" and "my esteemed colleague" when in reality they wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. Plus, by all accounts, Trump is an excellent personnel manager, so he's not going to publicly bust on someone he may still have to work with, even if for just a little while.

Comey got busted being dirty and playing politics. He deserved to be fired. The end. After that it's just so much blather and hot air.

*And yes, Trump is more diplomatic in front of the cameras as well. Diplomatic for Trump, that is.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
See, I *want* to believe he's an upright kind of guy. Virtually everyone who's worked with him who has gone on air says something like that

People always say nice stuff for the record until they know which way the wind's blowing. Or they're just trying to give the benefit of the doubt.

I don't *want* to believe anything about anyone I don't personally know. My impression of Comey, from what I do know about his actions and his own behavior, is that he was trying to play politics and got caught. He was in a no-win situation and reacted poorly, which led to his firing.

Let's get real: he was going to lose his job no matter who won the election.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Speaking of people who tell the truth, It would be great if Comey actually came out and tell the truth about why he covered for Hillary.

I don't really expect him too though.

He's compromised and I wouldn't believe anything he had to say at this point.