Comey's pregame statement

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I really expect democrats to pop their corks tomorrow. They will lose this battle believing Trump obstructed justice and that Trump was even under investigation in the Russian investigation.

More winning.

#Tonsofwinning

Bann

PREMO Member
Well it doesn't surprise me in the least that Comey kept Memo's.
He stated that he never kept memo's when he spoke to Obama,
(probably because he didn't want a record of he and Obama colluding)

But of course he kept Memo's of his meeting and speaking with Trump, because he like the rest of the Obama stooges wanted to hang Trump/.
Don't forget this guy had been stooging for Hilary since the Whitewater days.

HE SAID he only spoke to Obama personally twice. In 8 years.

Bann

PREMO Member
Comey wouldn't have released his statement today had it not been for Trump announcing his new FBI Director pick.

IF there was any chance that something would have "come down on Trump" - then Special Investigator Whathisname Robert Mueller would never have allowed Comey to testify until he was done with his investigation.

Period.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Yeah, pretty sure it's not me that's having comprehension issues.

MR is playing a very poor game of spin. The bottom line... There was no investigation opened on Trump in the Russian/collusion matter, and Comey was never pressured, coerced, or forced to drop the Flynn investigation. It's perfectly clear in his statement.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Ignorance is bliss :yay:

When you get back to 13th grade ask them about context.

What context? You're all over the place, and not one bit of what you're saying makes sense. Two very simple questions have been answered:

1) Did president Trump collude with the Russians to change the outcome of the election? NO
2) Did Trump try to coerce or force you to drop the Flynn case? NO

Move on to your next fabricated accusation against Trump. This one is dead.

Midnightrider

What context? You're all over the place, and not one bit of what you're saying makes sense. Two very simple questions have been answered:

1) Did president Trump collude with the Russians to change the outcome of the election? NO
2) Did Trump try to coerce or force you to drop the Flynn case? NO

Move on to your next fabricated accusation against Trump. This one is dead.
Again, where did Comey say the second part?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Again, where did Comey say the second part?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/07/politics/james-comey-memos-testimony/index.html

The President then returned to the topic of Mike Flynn, saying, "He is a good guy and has been through a lot." He repeated that Flynn hadn't done anything wrong on his calls with the Russians, but had misled the Vice President. He then said, "I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go." I replied only that "he is a good guy." (In fact, I had a positive experience dealing with Mike Flynn when he was a colleague as Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency at the beginning of my term at FBI.) I did not say I would "let this go."
The President returned briefly to the problem of leaks. I then got up and left out the door by the grandfather clock, making my way through the large group of people waiting there, including Mr. Priebus and the Vice President.

I immediately prepared an unclassified memo of the conversation about Flynn and discussed the matter with FBI senior leadership. I had understood the President to be requesting that we drop any investigation of Flynn in connection with false statements about his conversations with the Russian ambassador in December. I did not understand the President to be talking about the broader investigation into Russia or possible links to his campaign. I could be wrong, but I took him to be focusing on what had just happened with Flynn's departure and the controversy around his account of his phone calls. Regardless, it was very concerning, given the FBI's role as an independent investigative agency.

It was a request, not a demand or command or a threat. From a legal standpoint, if Flynn felt he was coerced into dropping the Flynn case, he is obligated, as a law enforcement officer, to report the attempted obstruction of justice to the justice dept as an alleged crime. He did not.

Midnightrider

PsyOps

Pixelated
that's an interesting inference you have made. Lets see how it plays out in Comey's testimony.

That's what democrats have been screaming about this whole time, that Trump is guilty of obstruction of justice because he tried to coerce Comey into dropping the Flynn case.

Midnightrider

That's what democrats have been screaming about this whole time, that Trump is guilty of obstruction of justice because he tried to coerce Comey into dropping the Flynn case.
like I said, we will have to see what comey says today.
I immediately prepared an unclassified memo [+] of the conversation about Flynn and discussed the matter with FBI senior leadership. I had understood the President to be requesting that we drop any investigation of Flynn in connection with false statements about his conversations with the Russian ambassador in December....
The FBI leadership team agreed with me that it was important not to infect the investigative team with the President’s request, which we did not intend to abide. We also concluded that, given that it was a one-on-one conversation, there was nothing available to corroborate my account. We concluded it made little sense to report it to Attorney General Sessions, who we expected would likely recuse himself from involvement in Russia-related investigations. (He did so two weeks later [+].)The Deputy Attorney General’s role was then filled in an acting capacity by a United States Attorney, who would also not be long in the role. After discussing the matter, we decided to keep it very closely held, resolving to figure out what to do with it down the road as our investigation progressed. The investigation moved ahead at full speed, with none of the investigative team members – or the Department of Justice lawyers supporting them – aware of the President’s request.

So here we have a boss 'requesting' an underling do something to end an investigation, and you see no problem. However, when Slick Willie met with Lynch, just the assumption that he had made a similar request regarding Hillary was a huge issue, right?
I mean I think both of these should be investigated for what they are: interested parties trying to influence an investigation.

PsyOps

Pixelated
So here we have a boss 'requesting' an underling do something to end an investigation, and you see no problem. However, when Slick Willie met with Lynch, just the assumption that he had made a similar request regarding Hillary was a huge issue, right?
I mean I think both of these should be investigated for what they are: interested parties trying to influence an investigation.

There was nothing illegal about what Trump did; which is counter to what democrats have been contending. I am not suggesting it was a good idea for Trump to make the request. Please try to keep in mind that this whole thing has been propagated that Trump violated the law - he obstructed justice. Democrats want Trump's impeachment over this. AND, according to Comey's own words, Trump is not under investigation in the Russia matter - so there is no collusion.

Hillary Clinton was under criminal investigation. Her husband 'secretly' met with the very person heading that investigation. All the dots fell right in line thereafter that tarmac meeting - tarmac meeting, next day Hillary meeting with the FBI (not recorded, not under oath), next couple of days Lynch announces she will do whatever Comey recommends, next couple of days Comey lists up every reason to indict Hillary then recommends not to indict her. And you don't see something hugely wrong with that tarmac meeting?

Toxick

Splat
This ridiculous dog-and-pony show absolutely is nothing more than a formality and continued distraction.

Everyone - and I mean EVERYONE - will use this testimony simply to reaffirm what they already believe.

All the Trump supporters are going to dismiss everything he says as "nothing new", "hearsay", "ambiguous", etc.
All the Trump haters are going to say that it is proof positive that Trump is evil, and he obstructed justice and needs to be impeached, etc.

So what the #### else is new?

This is a pointless ####show that will prove nothing and will not change a single person's mind.

It is the single most dazzling and extravagant spectacle of baroque futility that I have ever personally witnessed.

Last edited:

Toxick

Splat
However, when Slick Willie met with Lynch, just the assumption that he had made a similar request regarding Hillary was a huge issue, right?

Define "huge".

The meeting with Lynch was the topic of conversation for, what, a week? Little more than a whisper or two from the press (Not counting right-wing Facebook timeline fodder), and I don't think there was a World-Fair-level circus act in front of the Senate over that.

So... yeah. Not even in the same league, or even the same sport.

I think this is what they both are: Hearsay and conjecture.

stgislander

PREMO Member
This ridiculous dog-and-pony show absolutely is nothing more than a formality and continued distraction.

Everyone - and I mean EVERYONE - will use this testimony simply to reaffirm what they already believe.

All the Trump supporters are going to dismiss everything he says as "nothing new", "hearsay", "ambiguous", etc.
All the Trump haters are going to say that it is proof positive that Trump is evil, and he obstructed justice and needs to be impeached, etc.

So what the #### else is new?

This is a pointless ####show that will prove nothing and will not change a single person's mind.

It is the single most dazzling and extravagant spectacle of baroque futility that I have ever personally witnessed.

:dingding: :clap:

PsyOps

Pixelated

But, none of that can diminish the truth. Again, the prime issue democrats have been screaming about, to justify Trump's impeachment are: 1) Coercion to drop the Flynn case and 2) Trump’s collusion with the Russians.

Comey’s written statement dispels both. After today, this whole thing should go away. Dog and pony show or not, this needed to happen to answer the questions, clear the air, and move on.

Toxick

Splat
But, none of that can diminish the truth.

No, it cannot.

My point, however, was that the truth doesn't matter. Everyone has already made up their minds. Every single person from the garbage man, right on up to the Senators listening to Comey right now. And no matter what that man says, every single person from the garbage man to the Senators will simply use this testimony to reaffirm their preconceived notions.

Including me.

Comey’s written statement dispels both. After today, this whole thing should go away. Dog and pony show or not, this needed to happen to answer the questions, clear the air, and move on.

Odds of that happening: 0.0%