Comfy shoes?

catlingirl

Whats a good brand of comfortable shoes to wear for standing on your feet for 8 hrs? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I freaking love Danskos! I have probably 7 or 8 pairs, and my back has thanked me profusely for wearing them. I even wear them around the house because they are comfortable, supportive and just feel good on my feet. :yay:

littlelady

God bless the USA
I have a really high arch and small, narrow foot (size 5). I love the AE brand (not American Eagle) from Payless; very comfy. Even the flats don't hurt my feet. Yes, Payless is cheap, but that means I can have more shoes, and when they wear out, it doesn't cost a fortune!

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Whats a good brand of comfortable shoes to wear for standing on your feet for 8 hrs? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help.

I agree that Skechers and Clarks are very good choices for standing on your feet that long. I have flat feet, and I cannot wear cheaply made footwear for very long any more. I don't even go to Payless or those types of shoe stores and rarely will I find a shoe I can wear in Kmart or Walmart anymore - because I need good support in my shoes (and don't have to give up cute to have good fitting shoes).

Bass is another comfortable shoe brand!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I second the Danskos and Sketchers. I also own some LifeStride shoes that are very comfortable and give good support.

But a surprising consideration, is a quality pair of cowboy boots. Go to a western outfitter and get fitted. What works in one brand may not work in another. But once you have a fitted pair of cowboy boots, you will be amazed how comfortable you are for long wear and walking. I have short narrow feet with arches and my husband has wide flatish feet. He always complained about back pain. So we did a road trip. I got him fitted for a pair of cowboy boots and over his doubts, he actually loves to wear them. It is an expensive investment, but I have a pair I've had since high school and I've had them re-soled, but that's it.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I second the Danskos and Sketchers. I also own some LifeStride shoes that are very comfortable and give good support.

But a surprising consideration, is a quality pair of cowboy boots. Go to a western outfitter and get fitted. What works in one brand may not work in another. But once you have a fitted pair of cowboy boots, you will be amazed how comfortable you are for long wear and walking. I have short narrow feet with arches and my husband has wide flatish feet. He always complained about back pain. So we did a road trip. I got him fitted for a pair of cowboy boots and over his doubts, he actually loves to wear them. It is an expensive investment, but I have a pair I've had since high school and I've had them re-soled, but that's it.

My 25y/o cowboy boots were recently chewed by the dog, well, just one of them. :tantrum

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I am a reformed Payless BOGO shoe addict. Now I wouldn't dream of putting poorly made shoes on my feet or wearing uncomfortable footwear just because they're cute. That's one of those things I wish I could go back to my younger self and go, "Girl, wtf are you crazy?" and make me stop it.

lovinmaryland

Another vote for the Sketchers w/ memory foam. They aren't the most attractive shoes but they are very comfortable. I have a heel spur and it seems no matter what I was wearing (even that horribly ugly boot the podiatrist gave me) my feet were dying by the time I got home. When I wear the Sketchers my feet/heel don't ache nearly half as bad.

H

Hodr

A lot of this has to do with how your weight is distributed, your arch, your stride, and weather you over/under-pronate.

If you have a truly neutral foot, you can be comfortable in nearly anything. If not, even the most expensive shoes (not tailored to your foot) will not be comfortable long term.

Do yourself a favor and go to a couple of different shoe stores (usually focused on athletics, running / sports) that have a machine for measuring your foot for an insole. Then write down the insole information and go online and find something similar for your favorite shoe.