Comfy shoes?

frequentflier

happy to be living
Because I wear an orthotic lift, I am very limited as to what I can buy and wear. I also have a wide foot. I only buy shoes and tennis shoes from Hessing & sons in Dunkirk. He measures my feet and knows me when I go in. None of the shoes he carries are cheap but all are well made (including Red Wings; which I wore for 20 years). S.A.S are incredibly comfortable and last a long time. The gentleman that owns the company can also *build up* shoes and sandals for me; which is very cool since I am so limited with dress shoes and sandals.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I second the Danskos and Sketchers. I also own some LifeStride shoes that are very comfortable and give good support.

I forgot about my LifeStride shoes! I have several pairs that I wear to work. :yay: Love them!

acommondisaster

I agree with Clarks - I buy them regularly and their sizes are consistent enough that I can order them online without worry. Always comfy and lots of styles to choose from.

Etienne Aigner also has nice shoes - sometimes so comfy it feels like slipping into an old pair of slippers. :)

I like Bass as well, but I dont buy them often.

I agree with Vrai - gone are the days when I can wear Payless type shoes. I don't even bother looking there anymore; the last time I bought there I was in agony within a few hours. I guess it's just age - or their quality has gotten (much) worse.