Comments on Thought for the day

Bertha Venation

Originally posted by 2ndAmendment
Jude 1 . . . Yet these men speak abusively against whatever they do not understand; and what things they do understand by instinct, like unreasoning animals--these are the very things that destroy them.

Hi, Burt. Did your quote from Jude have any reflection on what I wrote about people who follow Christ's example yet don't claim his name? If it did, I'm sorry that I don't follow.

K

Kain99

I hate to cut into your thread 2A but I find it hilarious when people re-write God's rules.

Come on guys... Being a wonderful human being is not enough. In fact, you can pretty much be a sucky human being and get in....

If you do not Love God and always try to keep him central you lose. Not lose little..... Lose Big time!

How is it we got here...... The world's gone crazy. :frown:

Bertha Venation

Originally posted by Kain99
Come on guys... Being a wonderful human being is not enough. In fact, you can pretty much be a sucky human being and get in....

If you do not Love God and always try to keep him central you lose. Not lose little..... Lose Big time!

How is it we got here...... The world's gone crazy. :frown:

Hi, Kain. Not everyone thinks there is a God, and many who do don't think it's the God of the Christian Bible. And a lot of people who do believe in God or a god don't believe there's a heaven.

For them, the idea of "getting in" is moot. For these folks, being the best human being they can be, and being good to their fellow man, is the ultimate. It's their happiness. These folks can literally die happy, and in this life they have lost nothing and have given a great deal.

That one "can pretty much be a sucky human being and get in" is what's "gone crazy," IMO. :smile:

TripleJ

Originally posted by Bertha Venation
Hi, Kain. Not everyone thinks there is a God, and many who do don't think it's the God of the Christian Bible. And a lot of people who do believe in God or a god don't believe there's a heaven.

For them, the idea of "getting in" is moot. For these folks, being the best human being they can be, and being good to their fellow man, is the ultimate. It's their happiness. These folks can literally die happy, and in this life they have lost nothing and have given a great deal.

That one "can pretty much be a sucky human being and get in" is what's "gone crazy," IMO. :smile:
I both like and apreciate the way you think, I have agreed not to post contrary thoughts to 2nd amendment in here, so I started my own thread with my own thoughts and posts. I have long given up on the idea of the Judeo/christian idea of god, as I find it both unethical and imorale. It is nice to know that there are others in the world brave enough to shed the shackles of fear put on by those of organized religions whose gods' intentions seem to coincide with their very own :smile:

Bertha Venation

Originally posted by TripleJ
It is nice to know that there are others in the world brave enough to shed the shackles of fear put on by those of organized religions whose gods' intentions seem to coincide with their very own :smile:

It wasn't easy. We can discuss it in a different thread, if you like. :cool:

BudoPo

Originally posted by TripleJ
I both like and apreciate the way you think, I have agreed not to post contrary thoughts to 2nd amendment in here, so I started my own thread with my own thoughts and posts. I have long given up on the idea of the Judeo/christian idea of god, as I find it both unethical and imorale. It is nice to know that there are others in the world brave enough to shed the shackles of fear put on by those of organized religions whose gods' intentions seem to coincide with their very own :smile:

I never really cared for the term "Judeo/Christian". The two religions really are quite different. The point you're making concerns one of the larger and significant differences. I agree with you that some people just follow their noses and believe something because that's what they've been told to believe. I've known people like this and for some people it's ok, but I prefer to explore other views and decide for myself.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Bertha Venation
Hi, Burt. Did your quote from Jude have any reflection on what I wrote about people who follow Christ's example yet don't claim his name? If it did, I'm sorry that I don't follow.

No. Nothing that I have posted here was ment to be against anyone in particular. I am just posting what I am moved to post as I read the Bible and pray.

I didn't start this thread as a place of debate, just a place to express my personal convictions.

Bertha Venation

No. Nothing that I have posted here was ment to be against anyone in particular. I am just posting what I am moved to post as I read the Bible and pray.

I didn't start this thread as a place of debate, just a place to express my personal convictions.

Ah. Cool. Have a great weekend. Hope you don't mind if I continue to read (and sometimes comment). :cool:

(PS I didn't think it was "against" me or anyone.)

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
I believe in the U.S. Constitution as originally written by the founders which, of course, includes the First Amendment. And, I wouldn't be posting if I didn't want those interested to read.

Last edited:

VicMackey

"If you would have told someone just 50 years ago, that there would no longer be prayer in our schools, they would have called you crazy.

If you would have told someone just 150 years ago that blacks would one day be considered human beings with rights equal to those of whites, they would have called you crazy. If you would have told someone 150 years ago that women would be allowed to vote one day, same as men, they would have called you crazy.

It is clear that perceptions change over time. Just because something was considered outlandish N years ago doesn't mean that its acceptance today is wrong.

We are undoubtedly better off living in a country where organized, government sanctioned prayer is prohibited from schools. It's great to live someplace where archaic commandments can't be posted in a government setting. Why? Just look at the Taliban in Afghanistan. Now, do you REALLY want to live in a theocracy?

Christians are in a war with satan and the world. We are assured of the final outcome - God wins

Then you needn't worry about mucking up our schools with prayers and our courtrooms with commandments - god's going to win (says so right in the Bible).

Obligatory thought for the day: Revelations suggests that all the armies of the world gather at the plain of Meggido in a final battle. What about the world's navies, air forces, and intercontinental missiles? Odd that the Bible left that out. As I recall, god supposedly will destroy all the ARMIES at Meggido. Nothing's mentioned about the rest of the military infrastructure. Hmmm....

TripleJ

Originally posted by VicMackey
If you would have told someone just 150 years ago that blacks would one day be considered human beings with rights equal to those of whites, they would have called you crazy. If you would have told someone 150 years ago that women would be allowed to vote one day, same as men, they would have called you crazy.

It is clear that perceptions change over time. Just because something was considered outlandish N years ago doesn't mean that its acceptance today is wrong.

We are undoubtedly better off living in a country where organized, government sanctioned prayer is prohibited from schools. It's great to live someplace where archaic commandments can't be posted in a government setting. Why? Just look at the Taliban in Afghanistan. Now, do you REALLY want to live in a theocracy?

Then you needn't worry about mucking up our schools with prayers and our courtrooms with commandments - god's going to win (says so right in the Bible).

Obligatory thought for the day: Revelations suggests that all the armies of the world gather at the plain of Meggido in a final battle. What about the world's navies, air forces, and intercontinental missiles? Odd that the Bible left that out. As I recall, god supposedly will destroy all the ARMIES at Meggido. Nothing's mentioned about the rest of the military infrastructure. Hmmm....
A.......I'm not sure this is a forum for people with different ideas or thoughts, Vic, it is more of a head nodder room. Like come in nod your head and agree with everything, went the same route with 2nd, he took offence and invited me to church. I think he has a right to his opinions though, I just don't agree with any of them

:cheers:

TripleJ

Originally posted by Christy
Oh PUH LEASE oh enlightened one! :rolleyes: I thought you were all about "love, kindness, and compassion". :rolleyes: It sure doesn't show in that post.

H Y P O C R I T E

You're no different than anyone else. You believe what you believe and everyone else is an idiot (in your mind). That's how we ALL think, with the exception of maybe Ghandi or Mother Theresa, and I would bet that underneath it all they STILL looked upon folks who didn't embrace their beliefs, as mental midgets. :bubble:

Fuh Fuh Phoney Boloney. :neener:
I'm sorry you can't feel the love, and feel the need to insult? I can only hope that you have a better day tomorrow:smile: Peace be with you :cheers:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
VicMackey,
I started this thread as a place to express my thoughts as I read the Bible or discern during prayer or other study. If others find these thoughts inspirational, helpful, or informative, then I am blessed.

I point out that in an earlier post, I said that this thread was not intended as a place of debate. No amount of debate will ever convince a non believer to believe. The Bible even tells believers this.
1 Corinthians 2
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Nor will any amount of debate convince a believer to stop believing.

I cannot prevent you from posting in this thread, but please, if you would like to debate the existence of God or anything else, I would appreciate it if you would do it in another thread. If you don't agree with or like what has been posted, don't read this thread.

TripleJ, the invitation to go to church with me is still open, and you are welocme too VicMackey. Matter of fact, it is an open invitation to anyone that would like to go. Just PM me.

TripleJ

TripleJ, the invitation to go to church with me is still open, and you are welocme too VicMackey. Matter of fact, it is an open invitation to anyone that would like to go. Just PM me. [/B][/QUOTE]
Thanks again for the invite, most of my weekends are spoken for, as I work a lot of them. My posts were in an attempt to head off debate. My expression of the term head nodder was taken offensive or found to be annoying? I guess thicker skins need to be developed in here. Any way:cheers:

TripleJ

Originally posted by Sharon
...among other things.

Obviously 3J didn't read the sticky for the religious forum. :rolleyes:

"If your intent is to belittle or condemn a person, their faith, or a religion, please don't do it here."
I suggest that you read Question, in this forum then, unless there is a double standard being applied?