Commercials on television

MiddleGround

This ----> [video]https://www.thetruth.com/articles/videos/vaping-horn[/video]

This has to be the most aggravating commercial I've ever seen. A few of the channels I stream show this thing CONSTANTLY, every commercial break. It makes me want to vape non stop or smoke a carton of cigarettes.

Or.. the one about 1 JUUL Pod containing the same nicotine as an entire pack of cigarettes. Well... NO SH!T Sherlock, a single JUUL pod is supposed to last the entire day! Same as a pack of smokes! (they fail to mention that part in the commercial)

BernieP

Resident PIA
Or.. the one about 1 JUUL Pod containing the same nicotine as an entire pack of cigarettes. Well... NO SH!T Sherlock, a single JUUL pod is supposed to last the entire day! Same as a pack of smokes! (they fail to mention that part in the commercial)
which is why they are so easy to abuse and get kids hoooked on. How many times in a day can they reload and smoke on.
Bet they come in lots of nice flavors, like bubble gum and cotton candy?
Got to get it ready for the 10 year old customers.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron

If that's the case, I'd be inhaling 3 Juul pods, was smoking 3 packs of Marlboro red box every day at one time (quit in 97).

MiddleGround

which is why they are so easy to abuse and get kids hoooked on. How many times in a day can they reload and smoke on.

Yeah.. because its not like they make alcohol in sweet flavors, right?

But, but.. but... that's different huh? :sarcasm:

mitzi

Exactly. Why are they only going after JUUL? It sure isn't the only product on the market. Can I say again how much I dispise this ad. Some programs I stream show it every ad break.

mitzi

My question is, why are minors able to even purchase??? I thought the requirement was 18 like regular tobacco/nicotine products.

BernieP

Resident PIA
My question is, why are minors able to even purchase??? I thought the requirement was 18 like regular tobacco/nicotine products.
Some shop owners are notorious for looking the other way, and they don't seem to get caught.
I know someone who had a credit card lifted, the signature line said "CHECK ID" and the name on the front was clearly a female.
A male, a minor, used that card to purchase cigarettes and beer. Sign in that particular store said, WE CHECK 100 Percent ID.
- right

In case you are interested it was the New Delhi.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Yeah.. because its not like they make alcohol in sweet flavors, right?

But, but.. but... that's different huh? :sarcasm:

Fireball comes to mind. But who cares about flavors, just mix it with Red Bull
Bud and it's rice, make for a lower calorie and slightly sweeter beer.

mitzi

Some shop owners are notorious for looking the other way, and they don't seem to get caught.
I know someone who had a credit card lifted, the signature line said "CHECK ID" and the name on the front was clearly a female.
A male, a minor, used that card to purchase cigarettes and beer. Sign in that particular store said, WE CHECK 100 Percent ID.
- right

In case you are interested it was the New Delhi.

Where is that?