Compiling List of Worthy Local Charities

tazzman

I have loads of nice clothes, jackets & coats to get rid of. Does anyone know of a charity I can donate these to. I hate to just give them to vintage values when I know there is someone out there that really needs them. Thanks

camily

Peace
I have loads of nice clothes, jackets & coats to get rid of. Does anyone know of a charity I can donate these to. I hate to just give them to vintage values when I know there is someone out there that really needs them. Thanks

Do you ever come to Waldorf? If so there is the Catherine Foundation. We will take them for our benefit yard sale for CRAF too if you want. I'm sure there are several closer to you though. Maybe the womens shelter in Hughesville?

Asmodeus

....=o&o>
The Maryland Patriot Guard is a Maryland non-profit, the IRS 501(c)3 exemption has been applied for and should be received any day.

Money raised goes to help the Wounded Warriors rehabilitating at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. The Patriot Guard provides essential items they need, outings away from the hospital, dinners out and parties at the Malogne House for them and their families to relax at. We have even had volunteers babysit so a recuperating soldier and his wife could have a dinner out alone, after two years of rehab, with 3 kids, in a one bedroom apartment.

Maryland Patriot Guard website

Hoover

Boy Scout Troop 908

Hughesville, Maryland

we are desparate for funds. We are a very small troop (5 boys) and funds are extremely tight since we are small. We need camping supplies, tents, cooking utensils, tires for the trailer, coolers, and most of all MEMBERS!!!!!

BoyGenius

Cyber Bully Victim
The Maryland Patriot Guard is a Maryland non-profit, the IRS 501(c)3 exemption has been applied for and should be received any day.

Money raised goes to help the Wounded Warriors rehabilitating at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. The Patriot Guard provides essential items they need, outings away from the hospital, dinners out and parties at the Malogne House for them and their families to relax at. We have even had volunteers babysit so a recuperating soldier and his wife could have a dinner out alone, after two years of rehab, with 3 kids, in a one bedroom apartment.

Before giving to any charity, check them out:

Maryland Charity Search

Foundation Center - 990 Finder

:popcorn:

tyky

eieio

Before giving to any charity, check them out:

Maryland Charity Search

Foundation Center - 990 Finder

:popcorn:

that is a good point to bring up but the poster did mention that they applied and are waiting

thanks for posting that website, I am sure there is lots of frauds out there

BoyGenius

Cyber Bully Victim
Last edited:

mori

Clothes donations

The Charolette Hall Veteran's Home will take clean used adult clothing. Everybody always thinks of a bunch of old Dudes hanging out there. Due to the amount of badly wounded young warriors there are some younger guys there. Also they have woman who proudly served our country and our way of life. Without sponsers you go without.

We do a drive every year for them-next one on 8 Aug 09. Look at our calender index.html and check out the needed items

Godblesdon1218

In ref to smile

Does anyone know if smile picks up items. I have several items that I would like to donate. Please pm me and let me know

Detective

The St. Mary's County Shop with a Cop Program is having a charity softball game between the staff at the T-Bone and Heather show and the St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office on 08/15/09 at 5pm at Chancellors Run Park. There will be a home run derby and food available.

If you would like to donate to the program or would like more information you can contact me, Bill Raddatz at (301) 475-4200x1958.

No. They are a non-profit organization.

Yes - and to add, the individual Troops carry the tax status of their Charter Organization... so if you gave to a Troop that belonged to a church, their status is non-profit (most churches); if you gave to an American Legion is would be a not-for profit... huge difference in tax status. :yay:

PHIL413

Christmas In April St. Mary's Co., Inc.

Christmas in April * St. Mary’s County is a local chapter of Rebuilding Together, a national volunteer organization that, in partnership with the community, rehabilitates the houses of low-income homeowners, particularly the elderly and disabled, so that they may live in warmth, safety, and independence. We also provide help through work on community projects.

Christmas in April * St. Mary's History

PHIL413

Vintage Values is a non-profit.

Vintage Values supports The Center for Life Enrichment is a non-profit organization providing services in St. Mary's, Calvert, and Charles Counties. tax-deductible donations, are always welcome to ensure the success of the individuals supported by the TCLE.

Hoover

Boy Scouts of America Troop 908 Hughesville, Maryland

Please consider us - we are a very small troop and run solely on parents funding at the time. We are celebrating our 30 year anniversary in Feb. 2010. We need to replace most of our camping equipment due to age.

jjay2518

It's not a local charity, but I would recommend The V Foundation. It raises money for cancer research, and it is consistently one of the highest rated charities in terms of the percent of donations that goes to the cause.