Get a dog with a big bite.
128pitbulljpg.jpg

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Concealed Carry

Originally posted by Nickel
Why not just get some ninja stars? :shrug:
Considered dangerous weapons under Maryland law and illegal to carry openly or concealed.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Concealed Carry

Originally posted by Ken King
Considered dangerous weapons under Maryland law and illegal to carry openly or concealed.
I was being facetious.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
From my end, this isn't a political discussion.
Duh. The 2nd Amendment is part of the Bill of Rights of the United States Constitution. It does not get any more political.

Originally posted by Spoiled
I see no use in having hand held weapons, people dont really use them to hunt.... Riffles are good though, people use them to hunt and what not... If you want something for protection its not hard to put a shotgun uner or next to your bed...
The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting as so many liberals want to think. It IS about the people being able to control the central government by force if necessary. Just read the history behind the Bill of Rights and the debate that went into it. It is the RIGHT of the PEOPLE, not the National Guard or military, to keep and bear arms. And there is no limitation on what kind of arms an individual my own and carry, hence the "shall not be infringed". Any law that places a limit on the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms is an infringement. Too bad they don't teach English and history in the public schools anymore.

Have any of you read the Constitution? Not the Cliffs Notes; the actual Constitution of the United States. You will find that the federal government violates your rights 80 percent of the time and the states violate it as well. Wake up. Know your rights or you won't have any.

Last edited:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Concealed Carry

Why not just get some ninja stars? :shrug:
They are illegal in Maryland too as are nunchaku unless you are carrying them to or from a dojo. I know, I am a Rokudan (6th degree black belt) and High Renshi (Master's Instructor).

Last edited:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Originally posted by 2ndAmendment
Duh. The 2nd Amendment is part of the Bill of Rights of the United States Constitution. It does not get any more political.
Maybe you didn't understand...the conversation I was having with Dustin is not political...Sharon added a political spin to it...I informed her that politics have not bearing in what I was saying to him.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Concealed Carry

They are illegal in Maryland too as are nunchaku unless you are carrying them to or from a dojo. I know, I am a Rokudan (6th degree balck belt) and High Renshi (Master's Instructor).
Again, you didn't understand...I was being facetious.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Maybe you didn't understand...the conversation I was having with Dustin is not political...Sharon added a political spin to it...I informed her that politics have not bearing in what I was saying to him.
This IS the Politics forum. Correct?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
This IS the Politics forum. Correct?
Yes it is, but last time I checked, I was allowed to engage in conversation that has to do with the topic at hand, without a political spin. When my boyfriend shows interest in a concealed weapons permit, I have a right to converse with him about it, as it affects me and my child. All of that information isn't necessarily anyone else's business, but obviously I have to justify my non-political conversation.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
If you want to have a conversation with your boy friend, then call him on the phone, talk to him over dinner, or use PMs. If you post it in public, expect to get comment.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
If you want to have a conversation with your boy friend, then call him on the phone, talk to him over dinner, or use PMs. If you post it in public, expect to get comment.
Thanks for the relationship advice. :rolleyes: While he was discussing it in the open, I simply asked him, because I was curious, why he felt the need to carry a concealed weapon. I don't see why everyone needs to jump up and declare their 2nd ammendment rights when I was just asking a simple question, to which I got a simple response. I don't have a problem with someone commenting on something I've posted, however I do have a problem when people take what I say out of context to suit their own purposes.

dustin

UAIOE
I was just waiting for 2A to chime in :biggrin:

Looky here. The thing that bugs me is that just by reading some published material on the internet I can figure out what the people pushing a "Shall-issue" bill are up against. The attorney general of maryland to name one. Who obviously has a personal issue with firearms in general. Who made it blantantly clear those wanting to own handguns are a minority and that we the public shouldnt be concerned about the few and worry about the majority. Now I'm sure he wouldnt say anything about not worrying about the minorities if the subject was racial :rolleyes:

And then you have the Maryland State Police...who from what I can figure, don't want to push the issue because they are getting more money the way the system currently operates.

Basically even if you have all kinds of supporters to push the Bill it will never get passed because the rinky dink higher ups ain't gonna have it.

dustin

UAIOE
Thanks for the relationship advice. :rolleyes: While he was discussing it in the open, I simply asked him, because I was curious, why he felt the need to carry a concealed weapon. I don't see why everyone needs to jump up and declare their 2nd ammendment rights when I was just asking a simple question, to which I got a simple response. I don't have a problem with someone commenting on something I've posted, however I do have a problem when people take what I say out of context to suit their own purposes.

I understood your comments as just being curious as to what my personal motives were.

I just got a beef with the way the system is setup here.

But like you said I gotta pick and choose my battles :biggrin:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
...the conversation I was having with Dustin is not political...Sharon added a political spin to it...I informed her that politics have not bearing in what I was saying to him.

Call the whaaaaambulance if you don't like where the thread goes. :tantrum

:razz:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Originally posted by dustin
I understood your comments as just being curious as to what my personal motives were.

I just got a beef with the way the system is setup here.

But like you said I gotta pick and choose my battles :biggrin:
I know you understood me :wink:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
The advice was not about your relationship; it was about what to expect when you post in a public forum. And please show me where I took anything you said out of context.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
The advice was not about your relationship; it was about what to expect when you post in a public forum. And please show me where I took anything you said out of context.
Paraphrased...
Dustin: I want to carry a concealed weapon.
Me: Why?
Sharon: Because it's his right according to the 2nd ammendment.
Me: I wasn't asking him from a political standpoint.
You: Of course you were, the 2nd ammendment is all about politics...
Me: No, really, I wasn't being political.
You: You have to be, this is the politics forum.

Here's where we went wrong...I asked a question, and the motive of that question was pure curiousity, I wasn't implying that guns are bad. Some people are defensive when it comes to gun rights, which is understandable. It was assumed that my question was an attack on his right to bear arms. It wasn't, I was just asking, in a conversational manner, why he wanted a gun. I would ask the same question if he'd said he wanted to buy a trampoline.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
I can see your point of view. Can you see that this question was posted in the Politics forum and as such, would be take as a political challenge to dustin's right to have a concealed carry firearm if he wanted one?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Paraphrased...
Dustin: I want to carry a concealed weapon.
Me: Why?
Sharon: Because it's his right according to the 2nd ammendment.
Me: I wasn't asking him from a political standpoint.

I was just asking, in a conversational manner, why he wanted a gun.

I replied in a conversational manner also, as well as others who chimed in. I don't see the problem here. :shrug:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I can see your point of view. Can you see that this question was posted in the Politics forum and as such, would be take as a political challenge to dustin's right to have a concealed carry firearm if he wanted one?
Yes I can, however when I clarified that I did not have intentions of starting a political conversation, I assumed I nipped it in the bud. The person at whom the question was directed understood that I was just asking for curiousity's sake, which is all that matters in the long run.