Confirmed case of Swine Flu...NAS Pax River

USWWarrior

It's a Jeep thang!
Long term ramifications

I wouldn't mind owning up to it if I was approached. Whats the big deal? :shrug: I'm not scared at all. I work with great people and have job security, highly doubt this thread will get me canned:yay:

IF I lose the ability to lurk and read the hiliarious posts on somd.com on government time because you caused a knee-jerk reaction by the navy to ban somd.com from access...I will hunt you down and.......oh wait, that might be construed as a threat......

I will hunt you down and kiss you.....:neener:

Seriously..I see them doing that..instead of holding you accountable for rumor mongering...they will block this website for everybody....think about it...

morningbell

hmmmmmm
IF I lose the ability to lurk and read the hiliarious posts on somd.com on government time because you caused a knee-jerk reaction by the navy to ban somd.com from access...I will hunt you down and.......oh wait, that might be construed as a threat......

Seriously..I see them doing that..instead of holding you accountable for rumor mongering...they will block this website for everybody....think about it...

OMG SWINE FLU!!! :jameo:

Beta84

They're out to get us

Very true. :jameo:

This is basically one of the only non-work related websites I use at work. Sometimes it actually is work related, but not often. Gives me somethin to do when work runs dry (which seems to be often cuz the rest of the gov is lazy, ughh). I will be pissed if this is ever blocked!!! :mad:

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Warning: It has been reported in the news that people receiving the new Government Swine Flu shots are placing Obama pictures in their homes and offices!!!:whistle:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Warning: It has been reported in the news that people receiving the new Government Swine Flu shots are placing Obama pictures in their homes and offices!!!:whistle:

:shocked: :jet: :twitch: :yikes: :faint: :jameo:

I have this incredible urge now to go back and re-read Stephen King's The Stand (IMO his best work). :whistle:

:killingme:killingme

Samantha22

You wanted proof? Hate to say I told ya so.....

Management & Support Personnel within Building 1490:

As a follow-up to my previous emails regarding the 'possibility' that a co-worker has been diagnosed with the H1N1 (Swine) Flu, I wanted to let you know that we have received informal confirmation that the diagnosis was positive for the H1N1 flu.

As previously stated, please continue to take the following precautionary measures to minimize potential risk of this and other illnesses:
- Practice good hygiene: wash hands frequently, cover coughs, and sneezes.
- If you experience flu-like symptoms, please see medical attention immediately.
- Be sure to tell your doctor that a co-worker was diagnosed with the H1N1 virus.
- Please stay at home until appropriate tests confirm that you are okay to return to work.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your immediate supervisor.

Vr,

Last edited:

Black-Francis

As a follow-up to my previous emails regarding the 'possibility' that a co-worker has been diagnosed with the H1N1 (Swine) Flu, I wanted to let you know that we have received informal confirmation that the diagnosis was positive for the H1N1 flu.

As previously stated, please continue to take the following precautionary measures to minimize potential risk of this and other illnesses:
- If you experience flu-like symptoms, please see medical attention immediately.
- Be sure to tell your doctor that a co-worker was diagnosed with the H1N1 virus.
- Please stay at home until appropriate tests confirm that you are okay to return to work.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your immediate supervisor.

Vr,

Thanks Lance!!

Big-Daddy

Vr,

Damn

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K

Vr,

That's not proof. That's a possibility and informal notification. The advice given is the same logical, common sense advice that has been given since day one of the H1N1 outbreak. Most of that advice applies to any flu outbreak.

Why don't you report this to the newspapers & let them confirm it vice spreading rumors? Or even better yet, let the medical authorities formally announce it via the Pax protocol?

Last edited:

Big-Daddy

That's not proof. That's a possibility and informal notification. The advice given is the same logical, common sense advice that has been given since day one of the H1N1 outbreak. Most of that advice applies to any flu outbreak.

Why don't you report this to the newspapers & let them confirm it vice spreading rumors? Or even better yet, let the medical authorities formally announce it via the Pax protocol?

Sheesh you people crack me up. You all wanted proof and the girl gives ya an email (or what it seems like) so PAX hasn't released it to the newspapers yet who cares. It's obvious that it is the Swine Flu. Also the post read "informal conformation" that it is H1N1. Just because they haven't received an actual 'paper' report from the doctor, so to speak doesn't mean it isn't swine. I mean really, if it wasn't in fact "The Swine Flu", why in the hell would PAX distribute an email notifying people???

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Sheesh you people crack me up. You all wanted proof and the girl gives ya an email (or what it seems like) so PAX hasn't released it to the newspapers yet who cares. It's obvious that it is the Swine Flu. Also the post read "informal conformation" that it is H1N1. Just because they haven't received an actual 'paper' report from the doctor, so to speak doesn't mean it isn't swine. I mean really, if it wasn't in fact "The Swine Flu", why in the hell would PAX distribute an email notifying people???

It's not proof because it says 'possibility.' Title of the thread says confirmed.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K

Because Pax DIDN'T distribute an email.

"informal conformation" doesn't make it a fact. Facts such as this should come from the proper authorities...not Samantha22 sharing her 'inside information'. If she really wanted to 'prove' it, she would have included the source. That's how it works not only on the forums, but in the real world too.

Big-Daddy

Because Pax DIDN'T distribute an email.

"informal conformation" doesn't make it a fact. Facts such as this should come from the proper authorities...not Samantha22 sharing her 'inside information'. If she really wanted to 'prove' it, she would have included the source. That's how it works not only on the forums, but in the real world too.

I beg to differ. All 7.2 staff received an email from Ken R. Boyd, Director of the IT/IM Department for NAVAIR, PAX River Division. I even received this email. It is the last one of 3 that were sent. Re-read the post/email. It says that "we have received informal confirmation that the diagnosis was positive for the H1N1 flu". Ken obviously means by 'informal' that they have yet to receive it in black in white/paper. BUT it was a positive diagnosis for H1N1.

Samantha22

I beg to differ. All 7.2 staff received an email from Ken R. Boyd, Director of the IT/IM Department for NAVAIR, PAX River Division. I even received this email. It is the last one of 3 that were sent. Re-read the post/email. It says that "we have received informal confirmation that the diagnosis was positive for the H1N1 flu". Ken obviously means by 'informal' that they have yet to receive it in black in white/paper. BUT it was a positive diagnosis for H1N1.

:yeahthat:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08

Vr,

My oncologist and every other doctor is giving the same advice.

What are flu-like symptoms? Did they explain them?

Big-Daddy

My oncologist and every other doctor is giving the same advice.

What are flu-like symptoms? Did they explain them?

The symptoms of H1N1 flu virus include fever, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headache, chills, fatigue, diarrhea and vomiting.

]As previously stated, please continue to take the following precautionary measures to minimize potential risk of this and other illnesses:
- Please stay at home until appropriate tests confirm that you are okay to return to work.,

Except for the bold part those are only to keep you from spreading it, not contacting it. How about stay the hell away from anyone who has a cough, sneeze or doesn't feel well or look well.