Congressional Record - Communist Goals (1963)

rraley

Nucklesack said:
Conservatives arent from the same cookie cutter either. I'm Pro-Gun, Anti-Abortion, Pro Separation of Church/State, Pro-Market, and think Libby's sentence was just :lmao:.

I completely agree that conservatives are not from the same cookie cutter, either. It's because there are so many varying interpretations of what liberalism and conservatism entails that I try to shy away from identifying myself as a liberal and try to shy away from identifying others as liberal or conservative or moderate. I think that our country would be alot better off if we moved away from the old and useless right/left labeling structure.

Toxick

Splat
rraley said:
Many of you see the supporters of gun control, an absolute separation of church and state, and a more interventionist government in the economy as communists.

It's the redistribution of wealth that most republicans are referring to when they use phrases like "communism".

It is the taking of one's hard earned money, and giving it to people who didn't earn it.

It's the ever increasing taxation by the government and the ever increasing entitlement programs it funds.

It's things like "Universal Health Care".
It's things like Welfare.

Etc.

R

RadioPatrol

Christy said:
I find it very difficult to discern the difference between Democrat and Republican politicians in this day and age. :ohwell:

I sure do miss Ronald Reagan. :bawl:

:yeahthat:

R

RadioPatrol

rraley said:
I completely agree that conservatives are not from the same cookie cutter, either. It's because there are so many varying interpretations of what liberalism and conservatism entails that I try to shy away from identifying myself as a liberal and try to shy away from identifying others as liberal or conservative or moderate. I think that our country would be alot better off if we moved away from the old and useless right/left labeling structure.

Unfortunately for you, the loudest cheering section (claiming to be democrats) is the Anti War , Cindy Sheehan, Ward Churchill, US is evil deserved the 9/11 attacks .... and you look @ the protesters and there supporters ...........

I know they are probably a small % but they are getting alot of press .....

Warning NSFW some nudist protestors :barf: middleage fat white guys :barf:

http://www.zombietime.com/hall_of_shame/

Last edited by a moderator:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
rraley said:
I...so sorry for offended you 2A by calling our nation a democracy...

And to 2A, I'm sorry if I am "one of the tools" when I defend the Democratic Party or liberals or present my opposing view to something said. I try to shy away from simple partisan lines and I try to present a level-headed, accurate defense. I hope that I am doing that. While I may be disagreeing with you, I hope that you can at least see what I am writing and saying as civil and reasonable.
Not offended; just wanted make sure the truth was stated. The founders avoided a democracy because they deemed it chaotic.

As to you being a tool, sometimes I think you are when you seem to just spout the party line. Many times I find you reasonable if somewhat idealistic, but idealism comes with youth.

My position is that the list as posted in the first post of this thread reflects to a very high degree the goals of the Democratic party and would re-enforce this one:
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.

Last edited:
R

RadioPatrol

2ndAmendment said:
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.

[soapbox]
can you really tell the parties apart anymore .......... both are for expanding Gov.; there position in Gov; more intrusive in our lives, so called entitlements - ie Welfare give aways, Bush bought the last election with Prescription Drug Plans no one has the money to finance ........... was is trying buy the Hispanic vote for the next guy with Amnesty , which the dems want except for their Union Supporters ...... that makes for a nice fight Amnesty Supporters and Union Workers who think 10mil new wet backs [Yeah thats right I said WET BACKS] willing to work cheaper will hurt unions in bullying... oops I mean renegotiation of contracts ....

[/soapbox]

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
RadioPatrol said:
[soapbox]
can you really tell the parties apart anymore .......... both are for expanding Gov.; there position in Gov; more intrusive in our lives, so called entitlements - ie Welfare give aways, Bush bought the last election with Prescription Drug Plans no one has the money to finance ........... was is trying buy the Hispanic vote for the next guy with Amnesty , which the dems want except for their Union Supporters ...... that makes for a nice fight Amnesty Supporters and Union Workers who think 10mil new wet backs [Yeah thats right I said WET BACKS] willing to work cheaper will hurt unions in bullying... oops I mean renegotiation of contracts ....

[/soapbox]
Well #15 does say one or both of the parties. Can you think of a better reason to vote for Ron Paul who may be in one of the parties but is certainly not accepted by the party elite?

R

RadioPatrol

2ndAmendment said:
Well #15 does say one or both of the parties. Can you think of a better reason to vote for Ron Paul who may be in one of the parties but is certainly not accepted by the party elite?

No but I still like Fred Thompson .........

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
RadioPatrol said:
No but I still like Fred Thompson .........
Fred thinks like a modern politician. Ron is a strict constructionist; return the federal government to what it was originally intended to be.

MMDad

Lem Putt
2ndAmendment said:
Fred thinks like a modern politician. Ron is a strict constructionist; return the federal government to what it was originally intended to be.
Fred is electable, Ron is not. I realize that is not reason enough for you, but I feel like any vote that is not for Hillary's opponent is a vote FOR Hillary. I just cannot stand the thought of her in power. I'd vote for Nader over her.

Kerad

Toxick said:
Well Fred Thompson aided Nixon on Watergate.

It's true.

Nixon.

Watergate.

Anybody who votes for him is going straight to ####ing hell.

Or whatever your preferred secular place for a tormented afterlife is.
:killingme

Fred Thompson would be better served by not officially announcing his candidacy until the day before the election. He really doesn't want to have to actually explain anything.

"But...but...I was in Die Hard!!!"

Rock on Fred....rock on!!!!

R

RadioPatrol

Kerad said:

Fred Thompson would be better served by not officially announcing his candidacy until the day before the election. He really doesn't want to have to actually explain anything.

"But...but...I was in Die Hard!!!"

Rock on Fred....rock on!!!!

and Hunt for Red October ...........

Kerad

RadioPatrol said:
and Hunt for Red October ...........

True that, Yo!!!

But he wasn't actually "that guy".

Wonder how well he does when he's not reading a script somebody else wrote.

Maybe Bruce Willis can actually carry the illusion. Maybe be his running mate!

Possibly.

forestal

I'm the Boss of Me
It's funny, these purported 'goals' appear on every right wing crackpot site you shake a stick at. Everywhere but at an actual communist web site.

PsyOps

Pixelated
forestal said:
It's funny, these purported 'goals' appear on every right wing crackpot site you shake a stick at. Everywhere but at an actual communist crackpot web site.

:fixed:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
forestal said:
It's funny, these purported 'goals' appear on every right wing crackpot site you shake a stick at. Everywhere but at an actual communist web site.
Forestal, what exactly do you think Communism *is*? And how many followers do you think they'd have if they told the truth about their agenda?

They count on people being as naive and, pardon me, ignorant as you.

And Ron Paul is a crackpot - if it came down to him vs. Hillary, I'd have to think about that.

SamSpade

vraiblonde said:
Forestal, what exactly do you think Communism *is*? And how many followers do you think they'd have if they told the truth about their agenda?

They count on people being as naive and, pardon me, ignorant as you.

And Ron Paul is a crackpot - if it came down to him vs. Hillary, I'd have to think about that.

What do you think of this guy running?

http://www.gohunter08.com/

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
MMDad said:
Fred is electable, Ron is not. I realize that is not reason enough for you, but I feel like any vote that is not for Hillary's opponent is a vote FOR Hillary. I just cannot stand the thought of her in power. I'd vote for Nader over her.
I will never vote for the lesser of two evils again. Too many people have done that for too long. .... And I think you might just be surprised about Ron.