Construction and Lane Closure; MD 235 between NAS Gate 1 and 2; starting 31-Aug

The Department of Public Works (DPWT) contractor, Great Mills Trading Post, Co., will work along the northbound side of MD 235/Three Notch Road for sidewalk construction. Construction will occur between Naval Air Station Patuxent River Gate 1 and 2, starting on or about Aug. 31, 2022, at 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on weekdays and will take several months to complete.

Motorists should use caution and expect a lane closure on the northbound right lane of MD 235/Three Notch Road during work hours as the contractor performs construction on the shoulder. Traffic delays may ensue. The lane will be re-opened following work each day.

Portable signs will provide advance notification of the upcoming lane closure and construction barrels will guide motorists through the work zone when necessary. Drivers should remain alert for equipment, work crews and changing traffic patterns.

For more information, please call 301-475-4200, ext. 3531.

TPD

the poor dad
There is already a sidewalk on the southbound side - why do we need one on the northbound when there is nowhere to walk to except from gate 1 to gate 2. Gov workers are lazy and are not walking that far.... :ducksnhides:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
There is already a sidewalk on the southbound side - why do we need one on the northbound when there is nowhere to walk to except from gate 1 to gate 2. Gov workers are lazy and are not walking that far.... :ducksnhides:
Southbound sidewalk is to walk south.
The northbound side needs to be installed so people can walk north, you big dummie.
And that is why I am a government worker.

TPD

the poor dad
The northbound side needs to be installed so people can walk north, you big dummie.
Duh why didn’t I think of that. I guess because I’m just a farmer.

PeoplesElbow

I see people on the shoulder waiting for the STS bus quite often.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Do you mean to say you cannot not walk north on the southbound side sidewalk? Is it a one way sidewalk?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Do you mean to say you cannot not walk north on the southbound side sidewalk? Is it a one way sidewalk?
Right now, it's Southbound Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Northbound on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

On Sunday you can travel both directions but must Genuflect at each Liquor Store or Nail Salon.

gemma_rae

This is not in line with black culture and rasist to the core.

I have lived and worked in the african-american community all of my adult life and I can tell you with certainty that black people do not walk on the side walk, they walk in the street!

Therefore, If it were not for white privilege, the St Mary's co govt would realize that sidewalks deprive the community of diversity, and widening the highway to allow black folks a walking lane to safely walk in the street is the only politically correct solution.