Consumer Cellular

C

czygvtwkr

BUT do you get 4G??

I use cellular from my home wireless netork, and 3G just wouldn't cut it, not sure even AT&T 4G would.

You mean for your wireless network?

Pretty sure I got 4G at St James, usually when im south of the base the only thing I do is text or make voice calls so I really didnt pay attention.

Why you say 3G wouldnt cut it, hell verizon hasnt even had 4G for very long here.

I found out some of the network speed is phone dependant, I recently got a new phone and it is atleast twice as fast as the old one.

stockgirl

Stocki
Everything I found says that my previous statement about them using Sprint is not true, it says that it is the same as Verizons normal network, except that it does not allow roaming and that is why people think that it isnt the same network. On verizons website it shows the prepay network exactly the same as their normal network, hard to imagine a normal verizon phone gets extra coverage from sprints network around here too though.

I had a VM phone for a while and while it wasn't too bad in the places I usually am at there were some holes, and it definately uses Sprint's network.

Also want to add that I have no problem with AT&T all the way south to St Marys and St Inigios, nor any problem at St James Pub or Charlies resturant.

I had several customer service reps, a manager at the call center, and a manager at the store tell me that they have a separate network for pre-pay. I had zero signal just about everywhere I went. I had 5 bars with my plan phone at Esperanza Lanes. I had zero bars with the pre-pay. I had 5 bars with my plan phone in Leonardtown at the courthouse and zero with my pre-pay phone. I tried to use it for a week. All I managed to do was get onto Facebook a few times and send out a few texts. I made one phone call and that was to Verizon from the Wildewood parking lot. That was the only place in St. Mary's County that I could get 2 whole bars of signal. However, they would not refund me the money because I bought the phone over 2 weeks before I tried to send it back. Nevermind the fact that I could not even get it turned on for a week because I couldn't get enough signal to register the damn thing. :tantrum

merc669

I had several customer service reps, a manager at the call center, and a manager at the store tell me that they have a separate network for pre-pay. I had zero signal just about everywhere I went. I had 5 bars with my plan phone at Esperanza Lanes. I had zero bars with the pre-pay. I had 5 bars with my plan phone in Leonardtown at the courthouse and zero with my pre-pay phone. I tried to use it for a week. All I managed to do was get onto Facebook a few times and send out a few texts. I made one phone call and that was to Verizon from the Wildewood parking lot. That was the only place in St. Mary's County that I could get 2 whole bars of signal. However, they would not refund me the money because I bought the phone over 2 weeks before I tried to send it back. Nevermind the fact that I could not even get it turned on for a week because I couldn't get enough signal to register the damn thing. :tantrum

I guess maybe Verizon uses a separate low priority line for pre-pay users using CDMA. As far as GSM as several and my wife will point out, never any real issues calling, texting....Maybe switch to a GSM...:evil:

C

czygvtwkr

Wow that doesn't sound right at all. I did know someone that used the Verizon prepay phone and he never complained about the signal, he did complain about their price. Hell back when i used VM I didn't have any problems "arround town" but the base was another story.

stockgirl

Stocki
Wow that doesn't sound right at all. I did know someone that used the Verizon prepay phone and he never complained about the signal, he did complain about their price. Hell back when i used VM I didn't have any problems "arround town" but the base was another story.

I must have gotten stuck with a dud phone. :ohwell:

C

czygvtwkr

I must have gotten stuck with a dud phone. :ohwell:

Not sure with Verizon but with AT&T you can actually buy a prepaid phone, stick a sim card from your normal AT&T account and start using the phone as a regular AT&T phone. Its a good way to replace a phone for a kid that breaks theirs alot without signing a new contract.

stockgirl

Stocki
Not sure with Verizon but with AT&T you can actually buy a prepaid phone, stick a sim card from your normal AT&T account and start using the phone as a regular AT&T phone. Its a good way to replace a phone for a kid that breaks theirs alot without signing a new contract.

No, they will not let you.

So_what

Yes I'm an MPD, But who's

No, they will not let you.

When son broke his phone they told us to go to WallyWorld to buy a new one and they activated it. (only certain ones though, GSM vs. CDMA)
:shrug:

maxima87

Football Mom!!!
Did they let you activate a pre-pay phone to a plan account?

If the prepaid has been active for several months, it can be put on a plan. It didn't used to be that way. That being said, if you get a decent rep...they can override it an activate it.

stockgirl

Stocki
If the prepaid has been active for several months, it can be put on a plan. It didn't used to be that way. That being said, if you get a decent rep...they can override it an activate it.

This one was only active for a week. I went thru several reps and none were helpful. :ohwell: