Contact lens troubles

wittykitty

I quit wearing contacts several years ago because they were causing me such pain within 30 minutes of inserting them, and I switched back to wearing glasses. I've decided that Lasik surgery is not a good choice for me because increased sensitivity to light is a side effect which may not go away, and light sensitivity is my biggest issue, especially because of headaches.

In my past experiences, the few eye doctors I have seen have ignored my request to try a different contact lens and gave me the latest Acuvue lens, with the explanation that this is the "best on the market".

I'd like to see an eye doctor who is willing to take the time to help me figure this out. If it turns out that Acuvue is truly my only option, I'll gladly pay the doctor to explain that to me without making me feel dismissed!

Has anyone else had experience with this same problem?

Last edited:

wittykitty

Dr. Heavner was my last try, and he's the reason for the dismissed comment.

Thank you for your kind suggestions though. :) Keep it coming, PLEASE!!!

PeoplesElbow

I have eye issues and also go to an ophthalmologist, not sure that is the right thing for you to do, but I have a recommendation there too. Dr Oboh-Weilke is a great Dr, she listens to you and only does things you are on-board with.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I had Lasik in Baltimore and have not experienced any light sensitivity. They do make you wear super dark glass after your surgery but you are fine after your next day visit.

I too had not had any problems with Dr. H, but sometimes you need to leave this area to get the treatment you want.

I would recommend going to Annapolis and seeing Dr. Bowles in the Anne Arundel Eye Center. He's the best for treating eye care issues outside the everyday norm eye exam. And is very pleasant, patient and really explains things.