Copperhead bites on the rise

glitch

Devil's Advocate
We used to get them all the time at my parent's house. Soon as we eliminated the ground-cover in the area we stopped seeing them.

I'm with you guys though...they fall into the same category as black widows, brown recluses, and stinging insects. They live in their world, I live in mine and we're good. They trespass, sorry, they're toast.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I did hear that when the weather starts to turn cool, they look for places of warmth to hang out, driveways, sidewalks, streets etc. I'm sure us encroaching on their habitat with housing developments and strip malls pushes them to venture out more.

KillJoy

In doubt? Throttle out!
I had one next to my bare foot last weekend. That was interesting. Friday morning we found another one that was a different size in a hole we dug for our frame-work. Then today I was loading our left over lumber on a freinds trailer to return it and there was a baby one under a stack of picket posts.

:lmao:

Last edited:
B

Beth_kennedy

I had one next to my bare foot next weekend. That was interesting. Friday morning we found another one that was a different size in a hole we dug for our frame-work. Then today I was loading our left over lumber on a freinds trailer to return it and there was a baby one under a stack of picket posts.

Oh gawd, after all that I would be afraid to go back out until winter

B

Beth_kennedy

Nah. The one we found in the hole had about 20lbs on concrete poured on him. The one I found by my foot was taken out with the .44 Mag later on in the day.

whew, you know how to handle your snakes:lmao:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I had one next to my bare foot next weekend. That was interesting. Friday morning we found another one that was a different size in a hole we dug for our frame-work. Then today I was loading our left over lumber on a freinds trailer to return it and there was a baby one under a stack of picket posts.

How did you manage to do THAT one? :lmao:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Built a time travel machine.

Well that shows you what working all weekend with 12 hours of sleep will do.

Have you ever watched a movie, with Nicholas Cage, called "Next"?

Apparently, he could see 2 minutes into the future. Got it on Blu-Ray DVD; it's awesome!

rockfish

Just so you know....

Protection Efforts
All native snakes in Maryland are protected by the Nongame and Endangered Species Conservation Act. This means that native snakes cannot be killed, possessed, bred, or sold without first acquiring the proper permit from the Department of Natural Resources. Additionally, Maryland requires a Captive Reptile and Amphibian Permit for the possession, breeding, and sale of native reptiles and amphibians in the state.

Maryland's Wildlife Species - All About Snakes in Maryland

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Protection Efforts
All native snakes in Maryland are protected by the Nongame and Endangered Species Conservation Act. This means that native snakes cannot be killed, possessed, bred, or sold without first acquiring the proper permit from the Department of Natural Resources. Additionally, Maryland requires a Captive Reptile and Amphibian Permit for the possession, breeding, and sale of native reptiles and amphibians in the state.

I could give a rats azz! If one of them makes it's way into my backyard, they're going to end up on the gas grill! :lmao:

B

Beth_kennedy

I could give a rats azz! If one of them makes it's way into my backyard, they're going to end up on the gas grill! :lmao:

yup....unless they are on the endangered species then oh well.

KillJoy

In doubt? Throttle out!
Have you ever watched a movie, with Nicholas Cage, called "Next"?

Apparently, he could see 2 minutes into the future. Got it on Blu-Ray DVD; it's awesome!

Might have to check that out, he is a great actor. Thanks!

Protection Efforts

You're also not supposed to go over the speed limit; people do it anyways. I will not kill a black snake or another non-venomous snake. I don't want a copperhead around that could potentially harm myself, my family, friends, or pets.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
yup....unless they are on the endangered species then oh well.

And, who's going to know - once they're in your backyard? :shrug:

If they are a danger to you or your family, well who are you going to protect - the snake, or your loved ones?