Cosmetic Surgery

residualvisuals

black widow
It hurts.

I'm about two weeks post-op from an under the muscle breast augmentation, inner/outer thigh and flank lipo, and under the chin lipo.

The part that's really killing me are my inner thighs. Getting up to walk after sitting for any more than ten or fifteen minutes and I feel like I'm stretching the muscle and skin in the area beyond it's reach. Getting up from my bed or the couch is a little easier, because I can reposition pretty freely and and often as I like, but it's a little more difficult in an office chair under a desk.

Anyone with any experience in this area got any hacks for it? It really sucks. The meds don't really help the pain from it, and I don't need them for much else anymore.

Ooh, also - anyone know of anyplace I can buy really tight undergarments that don't cut me in half at the waist and leave indentations around the seams of the bottom of the thighs?

DaisyDuke

It hurts.

I'm about two weeks post-op from an under the muscle breast augmentation, inner/outer thigh and flank lipo, and under the chin lipo.

The part that's really killing me are my inner thighs. Getting up to walk after sitting for any more than ten or fifteen minutes and I feel like I'm stretching the muscle and skin in the area beyond it's reach. Getting up from my bed or the couch is a little easier, because I can reposition pretty freely and and often as I like, but it's a little more difficult in an office chair under a desk.

Anyone with any experience in this area got any hacks for it? It really sucks. The meds don't really help the pain from it, and I don't need them for much else anymore.

Ooh, also - anyone know of anyplace I can buy really tight undergarments that don't cut me in half at the waist and leave indentations around the seams of the bottom of the thighs?

I'm sorry I can't offer any advice on the pain management, but hope you start to feel better soon!

The Spanx brand are the most comfortable, I think, for undergarment stuff. They work the best, too. A little pricey though, but worth it.

What is the difference between the under the muscle augmentation vs. if they to go above?

residualvisuals

black widow
I'm sorry I can't offer any advice on the pain management, but hope you start to feel better soon!

The Spanx brand are the most comfortable, I think, for undergarment stuff. They work the best, too. A little pricey though, but worth it.

What is the difference between the under the muscle augmentation vs. if they to go above?

I've heard Spanx are the best, but I haven't seen them anywhere except online. Have you seen them in any local stores? If I waited for a shipment I'm not sure I'd get much use out of them for the price.

I'm pretty sure most of the difference between over and under the muscle implants is just appearance and the healing process. Overs are more round and bubbly, while unders are a bit more natural because in addition to the breast tissue and fat, there's also muscle in front of the added volume.

Last edited:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I can't wait to get all that stuff done to my body. I want to get everything fixed. Everything, well, except for my toes. My toes are perfect.

Are you happy with your surgeon and your recovery thus far, despite the pain and discomfort?

maxima87

Football Mom!!!
I've heard Spanx are the best, but I haven't seen them anywhere except online. Have you seen them in any local stores? If I waited for a shipment I'm not sure I'd get much use out of them for the price.

I'm pretty sure most of the difference between over and under the muscle implants is just appearance and the healing process. Overs are more round and bubbly, while unders are a bit more natural because in addition to the breast tissue and fat, there's also muscle in front of the added volume.

Target has a brand that are manufactured by the Spankx folks. Not sure the name though.

residualvisuals

black widow
I can't wait to get all that stuff done to my body. I want to get everything fixed. Everything, well, except for my toes. My toes are perfect.

Are you happy with your surgeon and your recovery thus far, despite the pain and discomfort?

Actually, I wasn't pleased with my surgeon and her staff, with the exception of her front desk clerk. My boobs aren't as big as I wanted, and she made it nearly impossible to explain to her how large I wanted them, was rushed, and never got a good chance to try on bras with the implants in them because they didn't have enough bras or implants. I'm hoping to God that as they drop they'll miraculously get larger, but I might have to get her to redo them and go through it all over again when they finally settle a year down the line. Thank goodness she didn't manage to screw up the lipo somehow.

So... don't go to Dr. Ormsby in Annapolis. It would appear she and her staff are to busy to do their jobs properly.

Yay for disappointing makeover stories. :ohwell:

DaisyDuke

I just did a retailer search on their website. Not sure where you are located but Today's Bride (San Souci) is listed as well as Lane Bryant in Waldorf.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Now that I hit my goal weight (yeah me - 118 lbs GONE) I am putting away for the tummy tuck. I want to lose another 15 for a buffer weight. I would love to get more done but need tummy done more

residualvisuals

black widow
Now that I hit my goal weight (yeah me - 118 lbs GONE) I am putting away for the tummy tuck. I want to lose another 15 for a buffer weight. I would love to get more done but need tummy done more

You could always take out a loan and get them all done at once. Maybe it'll save you some money instead of having to pay separate doctors' additional fees for separate surgeries (the anaesthesiologist wasn't cheap).

And hell yeah congrats on the weight loss! That's a lot, way to stick to it!

itsbob

I bowl overhand

WHo told you your toes were perfect??:jerry:

and as far as Breast Augmentation... :worthless

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
I'm starting my plastic surgery this summer. I've researched a lot of surgeons in the area. I've decided on one in National Harbor. But I'm starting off one bit at a time since a lot of it involves my face. I read a lot of comments and the most often I saw was DON"T GET TO MUCH DONE AT ONCE!
So I'm going with that: Rhinoplasty first, then my eyes (very droopy eyelids but no bags underneath), then the face & neck.

I hope you feel better soon and heal up nicely :howdy:

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
I'm starting my plastic surgery this summer. I've researched a lot of surgeons in the area. I've decided on one in National Harbor. But I'm starting off one bit at a time since a lot of it involves my face. I read a lot of comments and the most often I saw was DON"T GET TO MUCH DONE AT ONCE!
So I'm going with that: Rhinoplasty first, then my eyes (very droopy eyelids but no bags underneath), then the face & neck.

I hope you feel better soon and heal up nicely :howdy:

Droopy eylids...I see you apparently were once in the Marines. Do you currently have tricare prime? I had my eyelids done a year ago in Bethesda. My tricare covered it. Mine were way worse then I even thought they were when I realized sitting in the exam chair and the Dr telling me to 'relax your brow' that I was constantly keeping my eyebrows 'arched'. LOL They did an awesome job. I hear now they send patients out now because they are so overwhelmed with active duty from Iraq.

Good luck!!

Roxie04

Actually, I wasn't pleased with my surgeon and her staff, with the exception of her front desk clerk. My boobs aren't as big as I wanted, and she made it nearly impossible to explain to her how large I wanted them, was rushed, and never got a good chance to try on bras with the implants in them because they didn't have enough bras or implants. I'm hoping to God that as they drop they'll miraculously get larger, but I might have to get her to redo them and go through it all over again when they finally settle a year down the line. Thank goodness she didn't manage to screw up the lipo somehow.

So... don't go to Dr. Ormsby in Annapolis. It would appear she and her staff are to busy to do their jobs properly.

Yay for disappointing makeover stories. :ohwell:

If you felt that way from the start maybe you should have looked into another surgeon. As far as the size of your boobs......when the swelling goes completley away they will be a little smaller.

B

BET

Im too chicken!

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Actually, I wasn't pleased with my surgeon and her staff, with the exception of her front desk clerk. My boobs aren't as big as I wanted, and she made it nearly impossible to explain to her how large I wanted them, was rushed, and never got a good chance to try on bras with the implants in them because they didn't have enough bras or implants.

Were you uneasy before the surgery, or was your discomfort with the staff after?

residualvisuals

black widow
If you felt that way from the start maybe you should have looked into another surgeon. As far as the size of your boobs......when the swelling goes completley away they will be a little smaller.

I stuck with her because my mother went to her a while ago and everything went great. I'm sure the boobs will be smaller if they're not already the size they're going to be. I was just hoping and thinking the dropping/settling might make them appear a little bit larger than they are now sitting on my chest like soldiers at attention.

Were you uneasy before the surgery, or was your discomfort with the staff after?

Throughout. I don't know if I'd call it discomfort or unease as much as frustration though. I don't tolerate being shrugged off very well. Apparently they knew what they were doing when I showed them how large I wanted my breasts, but it appears now that they didn't. I also felt that I was being treated like a child at times. I'm 25, and compared to the women I had seen in the waiting room, I was probably one of the youngest patients she was seeing around that time, and was regarded as such.

onebdzee

off the shelf
Throughout. I don't know if I'd call it discomfort or unease as much as frustration though. I don't tolerate being shrugged off very well. Apparently they knew what they were doing when I showed them how large I wanted my breasts, but it appears now that they didn't. I also felt that I was being treated like a child at times. I'm 25, and compared to the women I had seen in the waiting room, I was probably one of the youngest patients she was seeing around that time, and was regarded as such.

and yet you let this person and/or her staff to put you under and preform surgery on you?