Could this be domestic violence?

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
Since gay marriage is knocking at the door of being legalized.
Would the cops have to treat disputes like these as possible domestic violence?

http://www.somd.com/news/headlines/articles/3238.shtml

Another agrument for not legalizing gay marriage.
Think of all the law suits that could arise out of the police force's inappropriate handling of a response to a call like this one.

Do you assume they are married?
Do you dare ask a drunk hispanic if that is his "wife"?
If you don't ask, and assume they are fighting over a woman...well, those queens will take you to court, faster than you could say "Flamer" for your insensitivity, correct?

Just too many issues to deal with,

I do not oppose gay marriage....but look at the possible scenarios.

D

dems4me

river rat said:

Think of all the law suits that could arise out of the police force's inappropriate handling of a response to a call like this one.

If you don't ask, and assume they are fighting over a woman...well, those queens will take you to court, faster than you could say "Flamer" for your insensitivity, correct?

Sounds like domestic violence because it was violence that took place between two people in a domestic setting :shrug: Maybe they were fighting over a girl :shrug:

D

dems4me

river rat said:
That is exactly the presumption that would get our boys in blue introuble with the ACLU if gay marriage was legal.

Why wouldn't it be treated the same, gay or not gay :shrug: :popcorn:

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
I think it would have been different if the police had gone there and found a man and a woman......don't you

D

dems4me

river rat said:
I think it would have been different if the police had gone there and found a man and a woman......don't you

I would hope so and generally (yes, just generalizing) a man can defend himself better than a girl could :shrug:

bcp

In My Opinion
the problem here is not with gay marriage, it is with the foolish political correctness that we are supposed to follow.

yes, two guys get into a massive fight over the last gerbil, this would have to be treated as domestic violence and looked at the same as if it were man and wife..

the problem is trying to figure out who is the man,, and who is the wife.

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
bcp said:
the problem here is not with gay marriage, it is with the foolish political correctness that we are supposed to follow.

yes, two guys get into a massive fight over the last gerbil, this would have to be treated as domestic violence and looked at the same as if it were man and wife..

the problem is trying to figure out who is the man,, and who is the wife.

Correct.....you are and then trying to figure it out with out stepping on anybody's toes.
However, this is indirectly aimed as an arguement against gay marriage,
because it would open up our officials to alot of court cases and tax dollars spent trying to appease everyone.
But we as a society are already doing enough of that with other groups of special interest.
What have we got to lose now? Why even try to hold on to the "handbasket" give 'er a good toss!

MMDad

Lem Putt
river rat said:

So because gay marriage is on your mind, you make assumptions. That makes you a bigot just as if you assumed they were drunk because they are hispanic, or that they are druggies if they are black. Maybe, just maybe, it was a couple of guys who got in a fight?

bcp

In My Opinion
MMDad said:
So because gay marriage is on your mind, you make assumptions. That makes you a bigot just as if you assumed they were drunk because they are hispanic, or that they are druggies if they are black. Maybe, just maybe, it was a couple of guys who got in a fight?
were they punching or slapping and pulling hair?

MMDad

Lem Putt
MMDad said:
Could this be domestic ... 01-24-2006 09:23 PM Lighten up dude. Your scars run deep.
Could this be domestic ... 01-24-2006 09:11 PM Moron
Could this be domestic ... 01-24-2006 09:10 PM

Guess I hit a sore spot. Not enough to get beyond your cowardice and anonymity, but I don't care. That's three reds, can I get some grey now, please?

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
This thread was based on hypothetical situations. Not assumptions of any race or ethnic assumptions.
I was only trying to take an excerpt from today's headlines and add a twist to it to discuss the different possiblities it could take on if we lived in a country or state that had legal gay marriages.....since that seemed to be the menu on the forum for the past few days.

However, some of you have seemed to taken your freedom of speech a little farther than I chose to and continue the childish naming calling and I am rather tired of it.

M

missperky

MMDad said:
Could this be domestic ... 01-24-2006 09:23 PM Lighten up dude. Your scars run deep.
Could this be domestic ... 01-24-2006 09:11 PM Moron
Could this be domestic ... 01-24-2006 09:10 PM

Guess I hit a sore spot. Not enough to get beyond your cowardice and anonymity, but I don't care. That's three reds, can I get some grey now, please?
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

IOU!

MMDad

Lem Putt
river rat said:
This thread was based on hypothetical situations. Not assumptions of any race or ethnic assumptions.
I was only trying to take an excerpt from today's headlines and add a twist to it to discuss the different possiblities it could take on if we lived in a country or state that had legal gay marriages.....since that seemed to be the menu on the forum for the past few days.

However, some of you have seemed to taken your freedom of speech a little farther than I chose to and continue the childish naming calling and I am rather tired of it.
:wah: Boo hoo. You made racial, ethnic, and sexual assumptions based on nothing. If you can't hang don't post, bigot.

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
MMDad said:
:wah: Boo hoo. You made racial, ethnic, and sexual assumptions based on nothing. If you can't hang don't post, bigot.

If I stopped, you wouldn't have anyone to call bigot.
Such a fancy word.

Esprix

river rat said:

I'm not sure how this situation would have been treated any differently if it were lovers, roommates, or a man or a woman. There was an altercation, the police intervened, and it was handled. Sounds like they did a fine job of it and prevented someone from getting seriously hurt.

So, basically, I have no idea what your point is.

Esprix