Courts delay the inevitable

bcp

In My Opinion
Then it comes to legal challenge.
the redistricting plan is basically so blatent with intent that it wont be hard to prove.
Hopefully it goes through, then goes legal, and Omalley gets some jail time out of it.
He wont be the first in the country to suffer this fate.

Rommey

If voters reject the map this Election Day, Mr. O’Malley, a Democrat, would have to propose a new map that would be voted upon by the assembly.
And what happens when they draw another abomination of districts? Does it get to go before the voters again?

It seems to me that the counties should remain in one district if at all possible. Obviously, some counties (PG, Montgomery, Balto Co) would have to be split because they have more population than a single district can have. I also think that a county near the geographic center of the state (such as Howard or AA) would also need ot be split among 2 different districts.

stgislander

PREMO Member
And what happens when they draw another abomination of districts? Does it get to go before the voters again?

The first thing they do is change the way the referendum process works through a Constitutional Amendment to eliminate online petitions.