Votes: 9 24.3%
  • I’m not getting the vaccine until I think it’s safe

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Other (explain in post)

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I don’t know if a poll has been posted yet but I was curious who’s getting, gotten or not getting the vaccine and why or why not.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
So many people are going to such extreme measures to get this vaccine, ie dressing as old ladies, they must be scared to/of death.

They can all go first. I'm not scared of this bug, I've weighted my chances and find them favorable. So, I'm not scared.

Once this flush is over, I'll re-weigh things. If I have to get this vaccine to fly, I probably will. Or, maybe not. We'll see.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
As I've said before, I wasn't really planning on getting the vaccine because I have no social life, live alone, car doesn't leave the driveway for weeks at a time.

But, yesterday was the first time I was able to hug my 95 y/o father for the first time in a year and a half. I cannot describe the emotion we both felt. It was worth any misgivings or fears for not getting it.

Lump

I'm still holding out. I know the day is coming when I will have to get it. The family has a big cruise to Alaska scheduled next year. About 40 of us going. Pretty sure you will need proof of your vaccine to get on the ship.

Anyway, hopefully it will give me enough time to see some of the side effects, if any, other people exprience.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Mommy Dearest was vaccinated about a month ago. She had a rough week after the first shot, but seems to be fine now. I'm still on the fence, but not really in a hurry to roll the dice.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
As I've said before, I wasn't really planning on getting the vaccine because I have no social life, live alone, car doesn't leave the driveway for weeks at a time.

But, yesterday was the first time I was able to hug my 95 y/o father for the first time in a year and a half. I cannot describe the emotion we both felt. It was worth any misgivings or fears for not getting it.
Dusty up in here

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Well, I wasn't going to get it.

But then, I got the 'Rona. I've decided that I'm going to try for the J & J "one shot", when I'm past my 90 days of having COVID. It's a roll of the dice whether I can get it again, but I'm still going to get the shot, I think.

I also have some first hand accounts of repercussions after having the 'Rona from people that I know very well. There are actually some very long-term and serious repercussions from getting COVID. There's the respiratory issue - which I feel will be hard for anyone that has an already diminished lung capacity. (COPD, smoking, etc.) COVID *can cause some long term problems that do not go away. There are also some issues with heart trouble due to the inflammation that COVID causes in your body. I know of TWO people who's doctors are very certain (I don't know the % ) that they developed them from COVID. 1 is a daughter of a good friend. The other is a man who, when he had a heart attack, was tested at the hospital and was found to be COVID positive. He'd been sick right before that and wasn't really thinking it was COVID, and since he works for himself - he didn't go get tested, etc. So the doctors now feel very certain that his heart attack (probably lying in wait) happened "because" of the inflammation to the heart from COVID.

I feel like I have about 20 years left on this earth. I'm doing what I can to increase the odds that I can make them good ones! I have too much dancing left to do. :diva: :dye:

Makavide

Not too talkative

TPD

the poor dad
I feel like I have about 20 years left on this earth. I'm doing what I can to increase the odds that I can make them good ones! I have too much dancing left to do. :diva: :dye:

Don't plan on going to Massachusetts anytime soon...

Among the things now permitted in the state are small weddings. However, dancing at such events is strictly regulated, so much so that it is effectively abolished. The website doesn’t explain the details of this regulation but a friend in the catering business was the recipient of a direct letter from the once-respected Department of Health. It explained that people at a wedding party can only sit at square tables that seat six, and each table must be six feet apart from other tables, even though people have started to admit that there is zero science to back this rule.
It gets crazier. If there is to be dancing, the venue must create a circle on the floor out of tape next to a table, and the only people allowed in the circle are those at the table and not people from other tables. Additionally, while they are dancing, they must be wearing their masks.

DaSDGuy

Tell that to the NE Patriots. They never wear masks while performing their tribal war dances in the end zone.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

OH good - I don't plan to! :lmao:

Idiots.