Cowboys do it right...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...Pac man will go to the Boys for their 4th round pick this year. 4th rounder.
New four year contract, no guaranteed money. Not a dime. If he gets suspended again, the Cowboys, the COWBOYS get the Titan's fourth pick next year.

That, boys and girls (and Vincent and Daniel) is how you make a deal.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I only mention this...

...because the Bengals just got done saving the Redskins from ourselves. We wanted to give them this years first and a conditional pick for next year that would be either our 3rd, 2nd or 1st depending how Chad Johnson played.

Lord knows how many billions in guaranteed money we were gonna throw at his feet to get him to like us.

For all the stability that Snyder seems to have created for this year, he is still trying to blow it up. Jones just want to win. We, well, we're still a marketing vehicle, not a football team.

Kerad

You're right...that's the perfect deal for the Cowboys. To get a player of that caliber for that cheap with practically ZERO risk is impressive.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Hey...

You're right...that's the perfect deal for the Cowboys. To get a player of that caliber for that cheap with practically ZERO risk is impressive.

...it's what he is worth; nothing. He has to prove himself all over again, every single day. He put himself there. he has to deal with it.

Kerad

I didn't know the NFL lifted his suspension.

The deal is contingent on his reinstatement. If he isn't reinstated, the Cowboys get the pick back from Tennessee next year.

I have a feeling Jerry Jones has reason to believe it will go through.

Pete

Repete
The deal is contingent on his reinstatement. If he isn't reinstated, the Cowboys get the pick back from Tennessee next year.

I have a feeling Jerry Jones has reason to believe it will go through.

Didn't Packman just get locked up again?

LateApex

Although I don't like the guy personally, I can't find any fault in his game.

If he's reinstated this year the secondary just improved immensely.

I can live with the 4th rounder - if it were any higher I'd have been upset.

I truly hope he believes this is his last chance.

Pete

Repete
...Pac man will go to the Boys for their 4th round pick this year. 4th rounder.
New four year contract, no guaranteed money. Not a dime. If he gets suspended again, the Cowboys, the COWBOYS get the Titan's fourth pick next year.

That, boys and girls (and Vincent and Daniel) is how you make a deal.

Wait, I am not getting this. The draft is Saturday right? If the Titans take Dallas' pick saturday, then Packman is not allowed back by camp how does that work? The Cowboys will get two number 4 picks next year?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I can't...

Wait, I am not getting this. The draft is Saturday right? If the Titans take Dallas' pick saturday, then Packman is not allowed back by camp how does that work? The Cowboys will get two number 4 picks next year?

...find the details on that part, so, I can only guess that they've addressed it satisfactorily to both sides.

Kerad

The 'Boys gave up their 4th this year for Pac-Man. If Jones isn't reinstated...or if he gets suspended again this coming season, the Cowboys will receive the Titans 4th rounder next year. So, yes...the cowboys would then have the titans 4th rounder, and their own...assuming they don't deal it away.

Last edited:

LateApex

Cowgirls armpit of the NFL!!!

People in glass houses my man...

I'm sure Danny boy lost sleep over this guy:

Jerome Mathis, the Washington Redskins' first free agent acquisition of 2008, is an enigma.

Mathis, 24, is about to become a father with his live-in girlfriend, Erica Smith — the same woman he was charged with assaulting in February. The charges were dropped in March, but the incident — which followed a fine for allowing his unvaccinated pit bulls to run free, a failure to appear for the Pro Bowl team photo and some altercations while at Hampton (Va.) University — prompted the Texans to release Mathis this winter.

So, he beats his pregnant girlfriend...

Model citizen there...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I actually...

People in glass houses my man...

I'm sure Danny boy lost sleep over this guy:

So, he beats his pregnant girlfriend...

Model citizen there...

...started telling myself we've got it, finally, figured out.

I may well only be fooling myself.

Kerad

Cowgirls armpit of the NFL!!!

Recently, Dallas has been doing well with their reclamation projects.

Plus, it seems obvious that Pac-Man will very well know that this is his last chance in NFL land. I predict Goodell tells him to fly straight, or he's got another few years of banishment coming his way.

As with Tank Williams, Jerry Jones knows that he has leverage (other than money, which is leverage enough) that forces these players to fly straight.

I'm really liking the new NFL Commish. :yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm not...

Recently, Dallas has been doing well with their reclamation projects.

Plus, it seems obvious that Pac-Man will very well know that this is his last chance in NFL land. I predict Goodell tells him to fly straight, or he's got another few years of banishment coming his way.

As with Tank Williams, Jerry Jones knows that he has leverage (other than money, which is leverage enough) that forces these players to fly straight.

I'm really liking the new NFL Commish. :yay:

...he's gone after gnats, all well and good, but he's let the Pat's stain the game.

Kerad

...he's gone after gnats, all well and good, but he's let the Pat's stain the game.

:lol:

You're just never happy, are you. this is about the spanking the Redskins got by him this past season, isn't it.

Ask Belichek if he got off easy. He lost serious cash (which was prolly compensated by Kraft...but still) and a 1st round draft pick.

It's hard to discount losing a 1st rounder as "getting off with nothing". They would've had 2 this year.

FYI, the matter is still under investigation. there could be more coming.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Nope...

:lol:

You're just never happy, are you. this is about the spanking the Redskins got by him this past season, isn't it.

Ask Belichek if he got off easy. He lost serious cash (which was prolly compensated by Kraft...but still) and a 1st round draft pick.

It's hard to discount losing a 1st rounder as "getting off with nothing". They would've had 2 this year.

FYI, the matter is still under investigation. there could be more coming.

...the Skins just tried to destroy everything good done in the off season and Cinncy saved us from our selves. It's an awful lot like having 'ol W as team owner; Now what?

One just wants it to end.