Cowboys do it right...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Money...

:lol:

You're just never happy, are you. this is about the spanking the Redskins got by him this past season, isn't it.

Ask Belichek if he got off easy. He lost serious cash (which was prolly compensated by Kraft...but still) and a 1st round draft pick.

It's hard to discount losing a 1st rounder as "getting off with nothing". They would've had 2 this year.

FYI, the matter is still under investigation. there could be more coming.

??? MONEY??? You're being as stupid as Snyder. This league is about ONE thing; W's. The mone yis there. I bet Adam Jones would have been happy to pay the same percentage of his annaul pay as Bill in fines and get to play last year.

Kerad

??? MONEY??? You're being as stupid as Snyder. This league is about ONE thing; W's. The mone yis there. I bet Adam Jones would have been happy to pay the same percentage of his annaul pay as Bill in fines and get to play last year.

Which is why I emphasized the loss of a 1st round draft pick. Some cry "Well, they had two 1st rounders coming into the draft, so is that punishment enough?"

Yes...losing a first rounder is tough, no matter how many you had to begin with.

You seem to get me wrong...i wanted the Pats to get slammed much harder. i hate 'em. But I'm not going to pretend they "got" away with it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Either...

Which is why I emphasized the loss of a 1st round draft pick. Some cry "Well, they had two 1st rounders coming into the draft, so is that punishment enough?"

Yes...losing a first rounder is tough, no matter how many you had to begin with.

You seem to get me wrong...i wanted the Pats to get slammed much harder. i hate 'em. But I'm not going to pretend they "got" away with it.

...they broke the rules and got punished in a meaningful way or they did not.

They CHEATED. Got caught. Were allowed to keep playing like nothing happened. They were fined money, which is like charging you and me $100 and they got charged a draft pick which matters AFTER the season.

How many teams you think would trade NEXT years #1 and $750,000 now for this years Lombardi? Huh?

Pac Man got what he deserved and it hurt and it sent the message. The Pats got a wrist slap and a hall pass.

Kerad

...they broke the rules and got punished in a meaningful way or they did not.

They CHEATED. Got caught. Were allowed to keep playing like nothing happened. They were fined money, which is like charging you and me $100 and they got charged a draft pick which matters AFTER the season.

How many teams you think would trade NEXT years #1 and $750,000 now for this years Lombardi? Huh?

Pac Man got what he deserved and it hurt and it sent the message. The Pats got a wrist slap and a hall pass.

The Pat's didn't win the Lombardi, which certainly let everyone breathe easier about the situation. if they had won, the furor would have been enormous.

And, As i said earlier...the investigation is not over.

ESPN - Depending on Walsh evidence, Goodell ready to crack down on Pats - NFL

Roger Goodell is fully prepared to crack down again on the New England Patriots if his meeting with Matt Walsh uncovers a tape made of the St. Louis Rams' final walkthrough practice before the 2002 Super Bowl.

Still...think about it. either the NFL got a whole lot dirtier since Paul Tagliabue retired...or Goodell isn't going to let things slide like the last commish did.

It may not yet be perfect, but it's certainly better than it was.