CPAC Stage Debacle

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
CPAC responded to the statement by saying that Hyatt’s words ran contrary to its own mission statement because they were attacking their customer “by caving into the pressures of the politically motivated social media agitators who seek to destroy CPAC, our attendees and speakers from across the country, and the millions of Americans who support our work.”

CPAC said that Hyatt’s statements appeared to “validate demonstrably false and malicious claims” that were made being made against CPAC by far-left activists. CPAC said that senior management at the hotel “acknowledged that these claims were false and agreed to share any statement before its release,” which CPAC said was crucial so that the public would know the truth about the situation. The statement also said that Hyatt Hotels had “recruited” CPAC.

“For months we have collaborated with your team on logistics, including sharing, reviewing, and approving the stage design that was created by one of our subcontractors,” the statement said. “The fact that no one on the Hyatt staff ever raised concerns during the process shows the ridiculous nature of your statements. Moreover, your statements falsely conceal your oversight role. In fact, the Hyatt Hotel, with our organization and subcontractors, approved and worked collaboratively to build this stage. Only after a coordinated far-left assault to destroy our conference arose did you succumb to lies and compound them with your own.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
No, CPAC’s Stage Layout Wasn’t A Secret Nazi Symbol, And It’s An Offensive Claim With Zero Evidence

According to Leftist Twitter, the Hyatt also hosted Nazis. But if that was the ostensible goal of CPAC, boy did it fail.

Bad faith Twitter activists like Morgan J. Freeman, a filmmaker, claimed the stage at CPAC was purposefully “designed to be a rune used by the Nazis.” Long-forgotten actress Lea Thompson amplified the smear, declaring “we need to stop them.”

[clip]

That Leftist Twitter saw a Nazi symbol when actual Jews at this event did not, is especially telling. It’s safer at CPAC for Jews than liberal Brooklyn, New York where you risk random assaults for wearing a yarmulke and Tzitzit — assaults completely ignored by the same people clutching pearls over a stage design.

As a Jew, I find it disgusting when our history is exploited by deceitful partisans who use anything they can to silence their political opponents. In truth, they are what can be called the “professionally aggrieved” — always looking to feign offense and for new ways to use that offense to bludgeon their political opponents.

Hyatt swiftly and effectively responded to the critics.“We take pride in operating a highly inclusive environment and we believe that the facilitation of gatherings is a central element of what we do as a hospitality company,” a spokesperson said in a statement to Fox Business.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Alyssa Milano Calls CPAC Attendees ‘Nazis,’ Floats Conspiracy About Stage, Targets Hotel Chain For Hosting Event

In an Instagram post published Saturday, Milano posted side-by-side shots of the CPAC stage and Nazi symbolism known as the Odal Rune.

“This is the stage at CPAC. THEY’RE NOT EVEN TRYING TO HIDE IT ANYMORE,” Milano captioned the images. “[Hyatt], this is what’s happening in your building. [Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), you stood on this stage.”

The conspiracy was pushed by numerous leftists online, who may have influenced Milano.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
CPAC Is Considering Legal Options After Hyatt Breathes New Life Into Nazi Conspiracy Theory

Rabbi Yaakov Menken, managing director of the Coalition for Jewish Values (CJV) had the perfect response. “The left is desperate to draw attention from their elevation of antisemites in Congress… so they claim a stage design is antisemitic,” he said on Twitter. “The Left traffics in ‘dog whistles’ so incredibly sensitive that only leftists can hear them, as compared to the supposed targets, who only see a stage.”

Hyatt wisely refused to cancel the conference. A hotel spokesperson said, “We believe in the right of individuals and organizations to peacefully express their views, independent of the degree to which the perspectives of those hosting meetings and events at our hotels align with ours.”

Yet on Sunday afternoon, as CPAC ended, Hyatt released another statement that needlessly drew attention to the claim.

“We take the concern raised about the prospect of symbols of hate being included in the stage design at CPAC 2021 very seriously as all such symbols are abhorrent and unequivocally counter to our values as a company,” a spokesperson told Reuters.

Hyatt leadership apparently felt the need to clarify why the company had not canceled CPAC mid-event.

“With CPAC’s denial of any intentional connection to hate symbols and our concerns over the safety of guests and colleagues in what could have been a disruptive situation, we allowed the event to continue,” the company explained.

Hyatt went on to claim that “colleagues occasionally faced hostility from attendees” at CPAC when staff reminded attendees to wear masks and to follow social-distancing protocols. Hyatt also said it was “extremely disappointed by the disrespect many individuals involved in the event showed to our colleagues.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The most hilarious tangent involved some Internet weirdo deciding that the layout of the stage was reminiscent of some obscure Nordic rune that some German unit from 80 years ago used as a symbol. The thinking is, and you need to follow me here, had to be that there are a bunch of guys at CPAC who 1) aware of the purported significance of this shape and 2) who decided to secretly make it the most public part of the main stage, 3) for reasons that include because and of course.

Now, and again you have to follow me, this was supposed to transmit some message of some sort, but if it’s an obscure symbol then no one except lonely liberal Internet weirdos would recognize, it is a meaningless exercise. In the alternative it was an open obvious signal to…who?
What would’ve been the target audience for the cunning plan behind this? One of the 12 people in America who had heard of this particular rune? What was the plan here? Were we supposed to sacrifice virgins? How - none of the Bulwark guys showed up.

Of course, the media won’t ask those questions. They pretend the whole thing isn’t an exercise in idiocy. So, we get geniuses like Alyssa Milano and Marianne Williamson weighing in shaking their empty heads and tweeting how awful this whole thing is because for some reason. Some things are just too stupid to deal with. That list of things includes them.

Hijinx

My gues is that Hyatt doesn't wnat Conservatives or trump voters to use their hotels any longer.

Sounds like a good time to give Hyatt their wish and stay the hell somewhere else.
Lat the Democrats keep them in business.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
If you use an offensive symbol that no one knows is offensive, did you really use an offensive symbol? Sounds kind of Zen in a way.

Hijinx

Do Republicans believe we are that stupid?
They won't use that company again?
Come on Man.

I know damned well that the company that built that stage showed them the design long before they built it.
Do the Republicans think we are stupid enough to believe they didn't accept it.

Friggin ass wholes.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Do Republicans believe we are that stupid?
They won't use that company again?
Come on Man.

I know damned well that the company that built that stage showed them the design long before they built it.
Do the Republicans think we are stupid enough to believe they didn't accept it.

Friggin ass wholes.
Did you know that the nazis used that particular symbol? Personally it’s the first time I’d ever seen it and I had to look it up to convince myself that someone hadn’t been playing with the photoshopper.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Personally it’s the first time I’d ever seen it and I had to look it up to convince myself that someone hadn’t been playing with the photoshopper.

I'm of the Opinion SO WHAT .... is every uniform badge off limits because someone somewhere may have used it ?

yeah the SS Death's Head is a bit meh ...... but this was originally a Norse Symbol

:cds:

OMG it was used on a Nazi Uniform My God Man .... Hitler Drank Water ... people should stop breathing as well

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Rabbi Yaakov Menken, managing director of the Coalition for Jewish Values (CJV) had the perfect response. “The left is desperate to draw attention from their elevation of antisemites in Congress… so they claim a stage design is antisemitic,” he said on Twitter. “The Left traffics in ‘dog whistles’ so incredibly sensitive that only leftists can hear them, as compared to the supposed targets, who only see a stage.”

[clip]

Design Foundry said it “had no idea that the design resembled any symbol, nor was there any intention to create something that did.”

The firm said ACU had approved the stage design, which had been “intended to provide the best use of space, given the constraints of the ballroom and social distancing requirements.”

The firm said it was “saddened and horrified at the accusations that this was a deliberate act. Design Foundry denounces all hate speech and acts of racism, prejudice, or bigotry in all forms.”

[clip]

Design Foundry employees contributed to ActBlue, a left-leaning small-dollar organization for “Democratic candidates up and down the ballot, progressive organizations, and nonprofits.” They also gave money to Biden for President, the Biden Victory Fund, Hillary for America, the Hillary Victory Fund, and the leftist organization MoveOn.org. Design Foundry workers contributed to only one right-of-center group, and that donation involved a whopping $40.

It is perfectly acceptable for employees to make these kinds of donations — but this slant might reveal the corporate culture of a firm like Design Foundry.

Hijinx

Design Foundry employees contributed to ActBlue, a left-leaning small-dollar organization for “Democratic candidates up and down the ballot, progressive organizations, and nonprofits.” They also gave money to Biden for President, the Biden Victory Fund, Hillary for America, the Hillary Victory Fund, and the leftist organization MoveOn.org. Design Foundry workers contributed to only one right-of-center group, and that donation involved a whopping $40.

That's enough for me. I would never use them again.