Crab pot advice

bohman

Pasofever said:
I would have then made the fish my bait.. :popcorn:

That's a good idea that I might have used, had I not arrived at the dock with a bag of chicken necks. :yay: Besides, it was all too easy to imagine them as bait for ME: filleted and frying in butter.

And yes, Mrs. Hap, I let the fish out first. Although, maybe I should have left one in there - I've seen the crabs tear up a fish that got into the pot before. It certainly didn't chase them away. :shrug:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Crabs aren't running good right now. The water is too salty...no rain. Converse is too much rain and then low salt. :jameo:

D

dems4me

cattitude said:
Crabs aren't running good right now. The water is too salty...no rain. Converse is too much rain and then low salt. :jameo:

I'm glad you brought up that point, I was thinking about going on Saturday to try it out. But you are correct, it does throw everything off. Did see lots of jellyfish when I went out briefly on Sunday.

Crow Bait

cattitude said:

That and the Baywide population remains at an all time low...

C

czygvtwkr

vraiblonde said:
Now I want to pick crabs :yum:

Its much easier if you buy NIT that comes with that really fine comb at the pharmacy than it is to pick them out one at a time.