Crabs

Mikeinsmd

They were scooping them almost every neck on a trot line near Vera's Sunday morning. One neck had 2 on it but he missed em. :lol:

D

dems4me

bohman said:
I was encouraged to see a couple in the pot yesterday. I'll wait a couple days and see if they encourage any of their buddies to eat the horrible, rotten bait inside.

:clap: :clap: I might be doing a pot this year. How long did it take you to catch a few? How long do you generally put one down for? What is the longest you can do without killing a crab. For example, if I put one down on Thursday, can I expect healthy crabs on Saturday if there's ton's of bait in there? :shrug:

J

juggy4805

I went out on Sat. morning and I caught nothing. Not even a baby crab. I use crab pots, never tried a troutline.

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
Mikeinsmd said:
They were scooping them almost every neck on a trot line near Vera's Sunday morning. One neck had 2 on it but he missed em. :lol:

The Patuxent is suppose to be flooded with them now. Bastages need to move around our way.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
My brother and stepdad caught a bushel two weekends ago in Broome's Island. They were only able to get a few (a dozen max) this past weekend. Who goes where w/a trot line?

Midnightrider

Chasey_Lane said:
My brother and stepdad caught a bushel two weekends ago in Broome's Island. They were only able to get a few (a dozen max) this past weekend. Who goes where w/a trot line?
top secret :whistle:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Chasey_Lane said:
My folks swear by Tippity Witchity Island, and other little honey holes near St. Inigoes. I'm going to try over on my in-laws creek in a week or so.