Crabs

D

dems4me

itsbob said:
You don't need a recreational license ANYWHERE in MD.. as long as you aren't using a trot line of so many feet (less then 100 ftmaybe??).. chicken neckers and dippers don't need a license at ALL anywhere..

Really? Where does it say that? :smile: That would be great to know! Thanks! :smile:

justbeachy

can be a real beach
itsbob said:
You don't need a recreational license ANYWHERE in MD.. as long as you aren't using a trot line of so many feet (less then 100 ftmaybe??).. chicken neckers and dippers don't need a license at ALL anywhere..
Thats all we do anyway.

D

dems4me

According to this, it looks like crabbing is crabbing, here's what DNR has listed :shrug:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recreational Crabbing License Information:

Resident Recreational Crabbing License: $5.00 Allows a resident of Maryland to catch crabs for recreational purposes in the waters of the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries using specified gear as described in the link below. Holders of a $9.00 Resident Bay Sport Fishing License or a $5.00 Resident Senior Consolidated Fishing License may obtain this license for $2.00

Non-Resident Recreational Crabbing License: $10.00 Allows a non-resident to catch crabs for recreational purposes in the waters of the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries using specified gear as described in the link below.

Recreational Crabbing Boat License: Resident/Non-Resident: $15.00 Allows anyone on board a vessel to catch crabs for recreational purposes anywhere in the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries using specified gear as described in the link below.

Replacement Recreational Crabbing License: Resident/Non-Resident: $1.00

Replacement Recreational Crabbing Boat License: Resident/Non-Resident: $5.00

Replacement licenses are issued only at the DNR Regional Service Centers.
Contact your local service center for further information.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
K_Jo said:
Never!! :buttkick: <----- That's you turning me around so you can get to my butt.

:hot:

What's Cash Cab?

It's a cab in NY. Takes you to your destination. While on the way, you get asked questions and you win money if you answer the correctly. If you get 3 stirkes before your destination, you get booted out no matter where you are.
You also get 2 shout outs for help. One street and one phone.
It's great. Channel 278 on Direct TV.

M

missperky

unixpirate said:
It's a cab in NY. Takes you to your destination. While on the way, you get asked questions and you win money if you answer the correctly. If you get 3 stirkes before your destination, you get booted out no matter where you are.
I have watched this, and I like it also.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
unixpirate said:
:killingme That's GREAT!!

I have Comcast digital. I'll Gazoogle it. :yay:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
dems4me said:
If I remember correctly you can't crab legally until 4/15/06 and with a crabbing license which is only a 2.00 fee added onto your fishing license if you opt to get both at the same time. :smile:
Recreational crab season is 1 April until 15 December. Has been for a few years and still appears to be so based on the DNR web site here. In other words the season starts tomorrow.

D

dems4me

Ken King said:
Recreational crab season is 1 April until 15 December. Has been for a few years and still appears to be so based on the DNR web site here. In other words the season starts tomorrow.

I just posted that ahead of your post. :razz: Wish I'd known this, I woudl have been getting the boat ready for this weekend.. its supposed to be warm this weekend :dance: I'm sure I'll get out there soon enough! :dance: Being out on the water has always been my peace and serenity... every summer I wonder how in the hell I'll cope without it... I get cranky and irratable if I'm away soo much as 2 weeks on land and not in the water ... obviously, I'm way over due :crazy: .... :lol: Can't wait to start crabbing and fishing out on the water, with the radio on, winecooler and ciggerette in hand and barefoot!!! :yahoo:

unixpirate

Pitty Party
Ken King said:

You are correct mauster :yay:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
kwillia said:
Dems, can you provide the link so we can see all the info?
A license is NOT required of an individual who uses only the following gear and takes the following quantity of crabs:
10 or fewer traps and rings
dipnets
handlines
No more than 2 dozen hard crabs
No more than 1 dozen soft crabs or peelers

I think she left out this line...

Agee

Regardless of the regs...

Crabs don't get out of the mud and start running until the water temperature increases!

Right now, the lower bay is still @ 45 to 50 degrees F. You do the math!