CRE Are you ready for this?

exnodak

I DON'T SEE HOW WE CAN VOTE OUT THE BOARD....IF NO ONE IS WILLING TO RUN AGAINST CURRENT BOARD MEMBERS. MOST OF THE TIME, THEY RUN UNOPPOSED..... WHO'S WILLING TO RUN?

Don't remove them. Make them irrelevent. .... Take away the illegally adopted covenants that they use as their power platform and make them operate from controllable bylaws.

punchbuggy

How difficult is it for the Board to publish what the increase will be used for? It doesn't have to be a mystery. That's what I don't get.

thatguy

How difficult is it for the Board to publish what the increase will be used for? It doesn't have to be a mystery. That's what I don't get.

they dont even send out the news letter anymore. If they really wanted our participation they would send out the RUT detailing what they plan to discuss at the meeting and what ballot initiatives they plan to present.
I bet if they sent every member a letter saying that if they didn't come to the meeting in march the BOD would pass an initiative ensuring an increase in dues, the room would be packed.....

hotcoffee

I think we might be clouding the immediate issue here.

The current ballot issue under discussion is a change of the M&O amount. That's in the bylaws... it has nothing to do with the covenants at this point... that doesn't come up again until after next year.

A bylaw change can be accomplished with a simple majority of the vote of members in good standing. If 5 members in good standing vote [and that's all the valid ballots they get] and 3 are in favor the ballot issue passes.

If we get mucked down with covenants talk... the ballot will go thru as it is proposed and the increase [some increase] will pass.....

Let's talk about covenants and running for the board later.... we need to discuss the bylaw change now... and how to get it out.

exnodak

I think we might be clouding the immediate issue here.

The current ballot issue under discussion is a change of the M&O amount. That's in the bylaws... it has nothing to do with the covenants at this point... that doesn't come up again until after next year.

A bylaw change can be accomplished with a simple majority of the vote of members in good standing. If 5 members in good standing vote [and that's all the valid ballots they get] and 3 are in favor the ballot issue passes.

If we get mucked down with covenants talk... the ballot will go thru as it is proposed and the increase [some increase] will pass.....

Let's talk about covenants and running for the board later.... we need to discuss the bylaw change now... and how to get it out.

Sorry, but you are somewhat wrong here.

1) As it stands now the AUTHORITY for the M&O fees is in the covenents. No covenents, no M&O.

2) The covenents can be changed anytime. The 3 year renewal only applies to the AUTOMATIC renewal. The members can recall it ANYTIME.

hotcoffee

I just don't want to air all our dirty laundry if not necessary. CRE already has a bad reputation...... and I'm trying to sell a house there....... dirty laundry on somd.com might deter a buyer from considering CRE. Despite all these issues... it's still a nice place to live... at least where our house is....

I don't think having a healthy discussion is "airing dirty laundry". Hiding in a private forum [even when it was the poacre.org forum] doesn't get the word out.

We need to let people know that this is coming. We need to get them to act. The number of valid ballots this year is going to be lower than ever, and we need to make sure that everyone that is capable, votes smart... we can't allow one vote to go in the trash can.

hotcoffee

Sorry, but you are somewhat wrong here.

1) As it stands now the AUTHORITY for the M&O fees is in the covenents. No covenents, no M&O.

2) The covenents can be changed anytime. The 3 year renewal only applies to the AUTOMATIC renewal. The members can recall it ANYTIME.

This year, we are only talking about the bylaws change to raise the fees.

Right now.... we need to keep it simple and focused....

I agree that we can recall the Covenants at any time with a majority of the members.... but it's not going to happen by July.... we need to focus if we are working to stop the pending rate increase.....

Then you can fry the bigger fish....

exnodak

This year, we are only talking about the bylaws change to raise the fees.

Right now.... we need to keep it simple and focused....

I agree that we can recall the Covenants at any time with a majority of the members.... but it's not going to happen by July.... we need to focus if we are working to stop the pending rate increase.....

Then you can fry the bigger fish....

I agree. Focusing on the covenents is the simple AND ONLY way to get to a point where we can start looking forward.

We must give up on trying to make a cancer into a unicorn.

hotcoffee

I agree. Focusing on the covenents is the simple AND ONLY way to get to a point where we can start looking forward.

We must give up on trying to make a cancer into a unicorn.

Well Exnodak.... people have been using that same tactic for years.... and it hasn't worked.

Year before last they wanted to raise the dues and the tactic I'm using worked..... Informed members will show up at meetings and then they will choose to vote....

We agree on the long term goal but we are not going to get this board to entertain the covenants issue... they are going to raise the rates in a time when people are loosing their homes if we don't change the ballot issue concerning bylaws this year.

On the future front.... write the new covenants.... or publish the old covenants [pre 1989] and have the new board bring them to the people in 2010 for an extended ballot time.....

Last edited:

exnodak

We agree on the long term goal but we are not going to get this board to entertain the covenants issue... they are going to raise the rates in a time when people are loosing their homes if we don't change the ballot issue concerning bylaws this year.

PLEASE STOP!

Of course we will not get the "Board" to entertain the covenant issues. That is up to the members to do and over ride the Board!!

Nobody CARES what the Board thinks anymore. They have become the enemy. Every well intentioned person that has joined the Board has eventually been overwhelmed by the amount of pressure they are put under to conform to the ideology of the few that think they continuously need more money and more power. They all eventually resign or become some kind of zombie parrot repeating the same mantra over and over again.

The Board has waged a war of diminishing returns by trying to make the covenants something they were never intended to be: an instrument of punishment and legal torture.

CREResident

Start a flyer now....and get it out.

The best way to get people involved is to make a flyer that (1) Tells people to come to the membership meeting (2) Spells out the issues. The flyer should have language that jumps out and bites the reader -- telling them that they will have to pay more money if they don't show up. List all the issues. And recruit volunteers to hand them out at the main entrances. That's the best way.... there's only so many ways in and out of CRE so we can reach the most people with the least effort.

Let's start a draft flyer either here or on the CRE personal forum and just get it done. Who's willing to play?

exnodak

Well Exnodak.... people have been using that same tactic for years.... and it hasn't worked.
No one has EVER tried to remove the covenants by law. EVER

The closest case was in 1992 when the Board tried to take the covenants away from the members and wrote themselves a ticket giving themselves authority to make covenant changes. That was taken to court and the court found for the members, NOT the Board.

There have been numerous attempts to change them, and that will always fail.

thatguy

The best way to get people involved is to make a flyer that (1) Tells people to come to the membership meeting (2) Spells out the issues. The flyer should have language that jumps out and bites the reader -- telling them that they will have to pay more money if they don't show up. List all the issues. And recruit volunteers to hand them out at the main entrances. That's the best way.... there's only so many ways in and out of CRE so we can reach the most people with the least effort.

Let's start a draft flyer either here or on the CRE personal forum and just get it done. Who's willing to play?

I think this is the only solution to this particular issue. I would also suggest putting up the flyers at the cluster boxes. everybody will see them there too.

woogie

She's too interested in preserving that "dynasty". Typical politician.
"Give 'em a little with this hand and take a LOT with the other."
She yells out against forming a municipality for the same reasons.
If people REALLY get out and vote, then SHE won't get back into
a control position within POACRE.

"exnodak" is correct. We MUST defeat the raise in fees, and we MUST
overhaul the covenants as well! Only by doing this do we have a
ghost of a chance at overhauling the way things are done in this
HOA! The original POACRE was meant to be a co-op, but over the
years it has been repopulated by people who have only personal
gain, control and agendas in mind and NOT the community's welfare!

They prey on the fact that over the past 20 years the makeup of
the community has changed into a transient bedroom communter
settlement that comes home to eat and sleep. Thus they are not
involved on a daly basis with the workings and welfare of the HOA.
The BoD then has throttled the avenues of communication, information
and access to such an extent that it is impractical to become involved
on a personal basis. Thus they CONTROL the community. (Through
ANY MEANS NECESSARY!)

It's time for the members ot take their community back! It's time to
get an accurate accounting and explanation of things pertinent to the
community and the homeowner.

IT'S TIME TO VOTE OUT/REMOVE ALL OF THE INCUMBENTS AND CALL
FOR A SPECIAL ELECTION OF AN ENTIRELY NEW AND FRESH BOARD!

NO "RETREADS"! ENACT STRICT TERM LIMITS! NO CONFLICTS OR
APPEARANCES OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST! NO FORMER EMPLOYEES
OF POACRE!

Put THAT in your flyer!

exnodak

I'm all for flyers and activism.

Just remember that if there isn't a quorum at the next member meeting, the Board can/will schedule a special meeting where they can pass the issue without further member input.

I'm good for 1000 flyers. Just send me the artwork. (PDF preferred, but Word works too)

msqtech

Citizen
Sign me up too

I think we also need to put together a legal fund to challenge the covenants and other questionable actions the board has taken such as the STD request.

May as well cover it all when we put money forward.

Anyone know a good Lawyer that will take our case?:duel:

hotcoffee

Exnodak....

Why not first stop the bylaw change, load the board with another "gang of five" :whistle: who would work to get the change of covenants out in the first quarter of the fiscal year.....

By the October Membership Meeting we could be discussing the plan of action... by January we could be well underway.... Since the original documents have already been through legal... then we could save there too!

Something has to be done.... and.... I'll bet if we put the flyers up at the cluster boxes... security will be picking them up as quick as we put them out....

exnodak

Exnodak....

Why not first stop the bylaw change, load the board with another "gang of five" :whistle: who would work to get the change of covenants out in the first quarter of the fiscal year.....

By the October Membership Meeting we could be discussing the plan of action... by January we could be well underway.... Since the original documents have already been through legal... then we could save there too!

Something has to be done.... and.... I'll bet if we put the flyers up at the cluster boxes... security will be picking them up as quick as we put them out....

There was a young bull and an old bull on top of a hill overlooking a large herd of heifers.

The young bull, full of himself, challenged the old bull to go race him down the hill so they could each grab themselves a heifer.

The old bull just looked sideways at the young bull and said: " Lets walk down the hill and take them all".

msqtech

Citizen
She's too interested in preserving that "dynasty". Typical politician.
"Give 'em a little with this hand and take a LOT with the other."
She yells out against forming a municipality for the same reasons.
If people REALLY get out and vote, then SHE won't get back into
a control position within POACRE.

"exnodak" is correct. We MUST defeat the raise in fees, and we MUST
overhaul the covenants as well! Only by doing this do we have a
ghost of a chance at overhauling the way things are done in this
HOA! The original POACRE was meant to be a co-op, but over the
years it has been repopulated by people who have only personal
gain, control and agendas in mind and NOT the community's welfare!

They prey on the fact that over the past 20 years the makeup of
the community has changed into a transient bedroom communter
settlement that comes home to eat and sleep. Thus they are not
involved on a daly basis with the workings and welfare of the HOA.
The BoD then has throttled the avenues of communication, information
and access to such an extent that it is impractical to become involved
on a personal basis. Thus they CONTROL the community. (Through
ANY MEANS NECESSARY!)

It's time for the members ot take their community back! It's time to
get an accurate accounting and explanation of things pertinent to the
community and the homeowner.

IT'S TIME TO VOTE OUT/REMOVE ALL OF THE INCUMBENTS AND CALL
FOR A SPECIAL ELECTION OF AN ENTIRELY NEW AND FRESH BOARD!

NO "RETREADS"! ENACT STRICT TERM LIMITS! NO CONFLICTS OR
APPEARANCES OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST! NO FORMER EMPLOYEES
OF POACRE!

Put THAT in your flyer!

Who is SHE?

vince77

I would recommend you schedule a big swim party over at Lake Lariat this summer to discuss any issue you feel needs to be addressed.....:dye: