Crosby > Ovechkin

Baz

This. ------------------>
:popcorn:

In Wilbon's World: Crosby miles ahead of Ovechkin - Michael Wilbon

Capitals fans might as well stop with the argument that Ovechkin is a better player; sure he is a bigger scorer and more entertaining player. But he can't get his team past Crosby's teams and they're undeniable rivals and will be for the length of their careers. Right now, Ovechkin would need a telescope to see Crosby, who's that far ahead in this race.

But far more disturbing is Ovechkin's behavior in Vancouver. First, he shoved a female fan's camera and reportedly she suffered bruises in the incident. Now comes the news that he broke the camera of a man asking for an interview. There is video of each incident. How this has gone largely un-discussed is nearly as annoying as Ovechkin's churlish behavior. Is he so distraught about Crosby kicking his butt repeatedly that he has to take out his frustration by smashing people's cameras? The woman referred to earlier was reportedly a fan who traveled from Russia to Vancouver to root on her hockey heroes, including Ovechkin.

Ovechkin: Russian for douchebag.

JoeR

You should have posted this on the other USA hockey thread. I would really fired some people up. I heard Wilbon saying this on the radio. And I agree with you 100% by the way.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
Neither one of those clows can even come close to measuring up to the skills of the great Semin.

JoeR

Neither one of those clows can even come close to measuring up to the skills of the great Semin.

Semin will always be in the shadow of Ovechin same as Evgeni Malkin will be in Crosbys shadow, as long as they're teammates. I think all 4 are great players in their own right.

It's just to much fun winding up Caps fans about Ovechin. Considering if the Caps weren't winning all but the true hard core fans wouldn't give a damn about them.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Anyone starting a team from scratch takes Ovie over Crosby each and every time.

As for Pittsburgh now v. Washington, Pittsburgh has been very, very good for several years and the Caps are trying to reach that level. Oh, and Pittsburgh has two of the best players in the league.

Are the Caps as good the last two years with Crosby instead of #8? Not even.

Is Pittsburgh better with Ovechkin than Crosby? Yup.

Further, I didn't see #8 on the ice Sunday night.

Crosby deserves all the acclaim he gets including being one of the best in the game. He has earned it. He is absolutely one of the best in the world.

If you are starting a team from scratch, you take 8.

Last edited:

JoeR

Anyone starting a team from scratch takes Ovie over Crosby each and every time.

As for Pittsburgh now v. Washington, Pittsburgh has been very, very good for several years and the Caps are trying to reach that level. Oh, and Pittsburgh has two of the best players in the league.

Are the Caps as good the last two years with Crosby instead of #8? Not even.

Is Pittsburgh better with Ovechkin than Crosby? Yup.

Further, I didn't see #8 on the ice Sunday night.

Crosby deserves all the acclaim he gets including being one of the best in the game. He has earned it. He is absolutely one of the best in the world.

If you are starting a team from scratch, you take 8.

Respectfully Larry, we'll have to agree to disagree and I'll leave it at that. I would take Crosby first if I was starting a team. I think Sid makes the other players around him better while playing with him. Just like Mario did in Pittsburgh with his linemates and teammates.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Respectfully Larry, we'll have to agree to disagree and I'll leave it at that. I would take Crosby first if I was starting a team. I think Sid makes the other players around him better while playing with him. Just like Mario did in Pittsburgh with his linemates and teammates.

:buddies:

OldHillcrestGuy

I guess it depends on who you ask here! :ohwell: So what happened to him? Is he on the team or back in the AHL. I don't follow the Caps, being a Pitt. fan.

You may see him in goal tonight. Has been hurt since early December. Started the season here and was 12-2 before getting hurt. Started rehab and got hurt again at Hershey, knee sprain. Has been heathly since before the Olympics, was on Russia's Olympic team.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Hmm...I don't get all these comparisons as they're two diffferent positions. However, if we want to compare it would be wise to say that Ovie is better. MVP last two years sums it up.

Now, who has been on better teams? Crosby for sure.:yay:

BuddyLee

Football addict
I thought the commentary following the story was better than the story. More colorful as well.:lol:

Beta84

They're out to get us
you like Semin don't you.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see:

Crosby -> Gretzky
Ovie -> Lemeuix

I'm talking about playing styles.
I'm not sure. Gretzky and Lemieux both had far more assists than goals. Some with Crosby. Ovie has more goals than assists. I wouldn't compare him with any of the others. The others make the players around them better and I don't think Ovie does that.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Are the Caps better with 87 rather than 8? No.

Are the Penguins better with 8 rather than 87?

YES.

:duel:
Here's a good question to ponder.

If the Caps had Marc-Andre Fleury in net last year, do they win the cup?

If the Pens didn't have MAF, do they?:popcorn: