Crosby > Ovechkin

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I think the MVP of the Pens run last season was MAF. Without a hot goalie they're not the same team. They've proven that in MAF's absence time and again.

OK, but, you asked about the season, right? I will grant you that a a hot goalie changes everything.

OldHillcrestGuy

you like Semin don't you.

I'm not sure. Gretzky and Lemieux both had far more assists than goals. Some with Crosby. Ovie has more goals than assists. I wouldn't compare him with any of the others. The others make the players around them better and I don't think Ovie does that.

Not this year Ovie has alot more assist's then Crosby and has played 8 fewer games and they are tied with goals. How do the other players you mentioned make the players
around them any better then what Ovie has done with his line of Backstrom 76 points, 26 goals and 50 assists, Knubble, 42 points, 23 goals and 19 assists. Green the defensemen who is out there usually when that line is on the ice has 60 points, 14 goals and 46 assists. Ovie, Backstrom, Shutlz, and Green, 4 of the top 5 +/- players in the league. :shrug:

Sweet 16

^^8^^
What is so ludicrous about this article is that Wilbon compares Ovie's individual accomplishments (or alleged lack thereof) to the accomplishments of Sid's TEAM. Apples to oranges. Wilbon should stick to sports he knows.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What is so ludicrous about this article is that Wilbon compares Ovie's individual accomplishments (or alleged lack thereof) to the accomplishments of Sid's TEAM. Apples to oranges. Wilbon should stick to sports he knows.

Bad day at the offfice for Wilbon.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Wanna see how good Crosby Really is???

Put him on a team like Columbus Blue Jackets or The Edmonton Oilers and see how well he does with out a supporting cast.

Lemeiux and Jagr used to be a tandem powerhouse that ruled the league for many years. As soon as they got seperated, they both sucked and fell by the wayside....

Baz

This. ------------------>
Lemeiux and Jagr used to be a tandem powerhouse that ruled the league for many years. As soon as they got seperated, they both sucked and fell by the wayside....

What???

Lemieux won 2 scoring titles before Jagr was drafted, and Jagr won the 3 after Lemieux retired (the first time) and another the following the year when Lemieux came back halfway (or so) through the season.

Jagr's "suckiness" was limited to his years as a Capital. :lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What???

Lemieux won 2 scoring titles before Jagr was drafted, and Jagr won the 3 after Lemieux retired (the first time) and another the following the year when Lemieux came back halfway (or so) through the season.

Jagr's "suckiness" was limited to his years as a Capital. :lol:

Yup. Mario is an all timer.

SoMdDude

Crysby is having a good year yes..but look at their numbers overall for their career's..lets see if Sid can keep having good years after this..I think we all know OV will , hes been doing it from the start.(hope this formats alright)

OV
GP G A Pts +/- PIM PPG PPA SHG SHA GW SOG Pct
379 261 248 509 62 282 88 112 4 0 39 2078 .126

Crysby
GP G A Pts +/- PIM PPG PPA SHG SHA GW SOG Pct
352 174 302 476 39 340 54 145 1 5 20 1167 .149