Crotch Rockets using 235 as its Race Track !

3CATSAILOR

Time and time again, day after day I see Crotch Rockets going up and down 235 at an extreme speed. Typically 80 to 100. I am unable to comment whether or not the police do anything about this problem. I assume they would try. Years ago a Crotch Rocket operator died as his Crotch Rocket went off of the road and down the enbankment just before the Toyota Dealer on 235. A terrible loss of a young life. But, these young operators never learn.

This evening I was behind one. He at least stopped for a red light. No traffic ahead of him. He quickly accelerated to at least 70. When I was behind him at the light I could clearly see his bike was not registered at all. No tags from any State. This tells me has zero intention to ever stop for any police.

I wondered where are the Crotch Rockets are going in such a hurry. I found when I was at Pax. . From my observation, I woiuld say almost all of them are going to Pax. You would think the Commanding Officer of Pax would try to regulate it somehow. Perhaps he can't. One thing I do know. It is just a matter of time until another seriouis accident involving a Crotch Rocket.

glhs837

Power with Control

Honestly, if the road is clear of traffic and dry 70s not outrageous for someone paying attention. Through traffic and intersections is the issue. Not that I go such speeds myself. And realisitically, while its annoying, the police have little to no chance of getting in a situation where they can get a bike to pull over. Hell, my 12 year old huge ass BMW can pull 0-60 in 3.4 seconds. and fit places a police cruiser could never dream of. Bike gets out of sight, makes a turn, rinse and repeat.

I mean if they get a chance, fine, but odds are low.

Kinnakeet

Time and time again, day after day I see Crotch Rockets going up and down 235 at an extreme speed. Typically 80 to 100. I am unable to comment whether or not the police do anything about this problem. I assume they would try. Years ago a Crotch Rocket operator died as his Crotch Rocket went off of the road and down the enbankment just before the Toyota Dealer on 235. A terrible loss of a young life. But, these young operators never learn.

This evening I was behind one. He at least stopped for a red light. No traffic ahead of him. He quickly accelerated to at least 70. When I was behind him at the light I could clearly see his bike was not registered at all. No tags from any State. This tells me has zero intention to ever stop for any police.

I wondered where are the Crotch Rockets are going in such a hurry. I found when I was at Pax. . From my observation, I woiuld say almost all of them are going to Pax. You would think the Commanding Officer of Pax would try to regulate it somehow. Perhaps he can't. One thing I do know. It is just a matter of time until another seriouis accident involving a Crotch Rocket.
Fall off and you skin yourself

Last edited:

buddscreek

everyday at about 1pm one comes through mechanicsville southbound.
he doing 100 plus. with clear road infront of him.

DaSDGuy

everyday at about 1pm one comes through mechanicsville southbound.
he doing 100 plus. with clear road infront of him.
And if someone misses the microscopic view of that 100 mph missile and pulls out in front of them the riders will blame the car who pulls out. Speed limits are for the safety of all, and that includes visibility of your tiny little moving object.

Then again, "He had the Right of Way" always looks good on a tombstone, right?

glhs837

Power with Control
And if someone misses the microscopic view of that 100 mph missile and pulls out in front of them the riders will blame the car who pulls out. Speed limits are for the safety of all, and that includes visibility of your tiny little moving object.

Then again, "He had the Right of Way" always looks good on a tombstone, right?

Agreed, never outrun your ability to stop. And riders refer to it as being dead right. Not where you want to be.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Baby Boomers Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

limblips

PREMO Member

I wondered where are the Crotch Rockets are going in such a hurry. I found when I was at Pax. . From my observation, I woiuld say almost all of them are going to Pax.

And what data do you have to support your premise? I'll wait.

Years ago a Crotch Rocket operator died as his Crotch Rocket went off of the road and down the enbankment just before the Toyota Dealer on 235. A terrible loss of a young life.

That POS had been in jail for shooting someone in the back of the head so I don't see it as a terrible waste of a young life, I see it as karma.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Time and time again, day after day I see Crotch Rockets going up and down 235 at an extreme speed.

This happens ALL SUMMER LONG on Route 210 .... in packs like wild animals weaving in and out of traffic passing at high rates of speed in ANY lane .... up on one wheel show boating

all from a certain Demographic Majority in PG County

DaSDGuy

A
This happens ALL SUMMER LONG on Route 210 .... in packs like wild animals weaving in and out of traffic passing at high rates of speed in ANY lane .... up on one wheel show boating

After an oil change I try to take the old oil to a recycling center. It would be a pity to spill some on 210.

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
It's ok their organ donors !!!!!!!! Who wouldn't like a new young heart, liver, kidney ????????????

Kinnakeet

I will say it for you NEGRO's

3CATSAILOR

His tag most likely was underneath of his rear fender.
Yeah, I thought it may be posted somewhere else as well. But, I was close behind him. There was no indication of anything. In fact, he had a tag of something else of a neon color "replacing" the tag with whatever statement his neon sign said. I have no idea what the tag said or met since it was written in a crazy script.

3CATSAILOR

Honestly, if the road is clear of traffic and dry 70s not outrageous for someone paying attention. Through traffic and intersections is the issue. Not that I go such speeds myself. And realisitically, while its annoying, the police have little to no chance of getting in a situation where they can get a bike to pull over. Hell, my 12 year old huge ass BMW can pull 0-60 in 3.4 seconds. and fit places a police cruiser could never dream of. Bike gets out of sight, makes a turn, rinse and repeat.

I mean if they get a chance, fine, but odds are low.
Some years ago a Crotch Rocket slammed in to the back of a pick up truck in Calvert County. The body of the operator landed in the bed of the pick up truck in front of him. The Crotch Rocket was trying to out run the Calvert County Sheriff's Office in pursuit of him. I do not know whether or not Calvert changed their pursuit rule after this incident.