CrowdStrike Servers in Ukraine

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
đŸ”„đŸ”„ Prepare to don your tinfoil caps in astonishment. You probably thought the week had already delivered its full payload and couldn’t possibly get any more interesting. But another shipment has unexpectedly arrived. You ask, how could 2024, in a single week, beat the miraculous physical and political comeback of Donald J. Trump and the historic civil war tearing apart the Democrat party? Haha! Amateurs. There’s lots more. Let us begin with the news of how most of the world’s computers became useless, blue-screened bricks overnight. (I didn’t notice right away; I use Mac.) Bloomberg yesterday:

image 4.png

The sinking of the world’s computers was just the icy tip of the conspiracy theory iceberg. Wait till you get a load of this.

But first, let’s get up to speed on yesterday’s developments. As it happens, this time, I am a software expert. I put myself through college writing custom software, a lucrative pastime I started when I was twelve, greatly annoying my parents, who wished I would get outside more and quit asking for nerdy computer gear. It is true that, now I’m a lawyer, it’s been a while since I coded anything, but I still know my way around the premises.

Google Whistleblower and senior developer Zach Voorhies yesterday posted the CrowdStrike crash error log, which can be easily found in internal computer files if you know where to look. And then Zach diagnosed the error, which appears to be the most basic kind of C++ programming mistake, something like lazily leaving a metal fork on the plate when you slide it into the microwave.

I’ll spare you the details, but for our tech-savvy readers, here’s the link to Zach’s diagnostic post. The gist was that the error pushed by the so-called “Global IT Security” company bringing down the world’s critical infrastructure was so basic that it tends to suggest either grotesque, DEI-levels of incompetence or intentionality.

With that in mind, now consider the following timeline.

On July 25th, 2019 —two years into Trump’s presidency and almost five years ago to the day— President Trump held his fateful call with Ukraine’s not-so-funny President Zelensky. The call is best known for Trump’s request for Zelensky to investigate the Biden crime family’s crooked business in that corrupt country, which caused the deep state to freak out and kick off the historic impeachment lawfare.

But that wasn’t all. Behold, yesterday’s Economic Times’ headline, already connecting the dots:

image 5.png

That’s right. Trump not only asked Zelensky about Biden’s business in Ukraine, but he also asked about CrowdStrike’s secret file servers which were located there, secured from meddling US law enforcement. There’s too much to get into here, but here’s a snapshot in President Trump’s own words:

image 6.png

CLIP: In 2019, President Trump described the CrowdStrike-Ukraine connection on Fox & Friends (0:57).

But wait, there’s more. Yesterday, one day after Trump officially became the Republican Party’s presidential nominee, and the same day that CrowdStrike cocked-up the world, President Trump and Martial Law Administrator Zelensky enjoyed a widely publicized but private phone call. From this morning’s Kyiv Post:

image 7.png

NBC Trump, Ukraine's Zelenskyy spoke by phone Friday.

Let’s be honest, the Kyiv Post is the official organ of the Ukrainian government. There was no record of the call’s contents, but the article reported that Zelensky was very kind to President Trump, congratulating him on his nomination and expressing sympathy for his near-death experience, and then reported the former comedian was suddenly and unexpectedly ready to “work with” President Trump:

image 8.png

It is difficult to read those paragraphs as anything besides a quiet Trump endorsement and another slam on Joe Biden’s battered brainstem.

Yesterday, media widely described the CrowdStrike error as a “historic global outage” and as the largest and most destructive computer bug in history. CrowdStrike is toast. Many articles reported that many businesses have still not recovered, raising the highly awkward question of whether CrowdStrike’s antivirus cure is worse than the viral disease.

This is very bad news for CrowdStrike. It’s an open question how the company can survive. More importantly, CrowdStrike used to enjoy comprehensive anonymity and was able to operate behind the scenes on almost every Windows computer on the planet with nobody watching. But not any more.

And so, it begins. Yesterday, as if on cue, Elon Musk announced his companies were ditching the “global security” service, widely reported in media like
Bloomberg.

image 10.png

CrowdStrike’s software is everywhere. Including embedded in many U.S. voting systems. Arizona’s Maricopa County, which is amidst early voting, reported polling place outages related to the CrowdStrike bungle, raising metric tons of questions about election security, internet connectedness, and so forth:

image 9.png

Remember, we are still in the “figuring out what happened” phase. We have not even begun to discuss the “what should we do next” part. Unless the company gets saved by some kind of unimaginable miracle, CrowdStrike appears to be on the chopping block.

Let’s recap the timeline:

— July 25th, 2019: Trump calls Zelensky to ask about CrowdStrike.

— December 18th, 2019: first articles of impeachment filed.

— (2020-2024: The Wilderness Years.)

— July 18th, 2024: Trump accepts the Republican nomination (which means he can now legally talk to foreign leaders).

— July 19th, 2024: CrowdStrike makes a mistake that could end the company.

— July 19th, 2024: Trump calls Zelensky again. Kyiv boosts Trump.

Those are all established facts. Zelensky, Ukraine, and CrowdStrike bookend the timeline. It seems like Trump is picking up right where he left off, with a nail in CrowdStrike’s forehead framing the conversation. I’m not speculating about anything. But it is unlikely, to say the least, that this series of coincidences could possibly be unrelated.

So. It might be a conspiracy. But if so, it could be the good kind.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
IMG_0816.jpeg

Chopticon64

So it’s either DEI incompetency or a super elaborate plan to swing the election

Have you been in society the last 10 years? Worked in any major or small company? Which of the two possibilities do you think it is?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

The update file they pushed had all 0's in the script. How anyone could let that happen is beyond me, what with all the checks and operation tests and so forth that are supposed to happen well prior to release.

Thinking this was intentional. Sent under the cover of an, "Oops, we're sorry, it was an oversight". Sure.

1721557581141.png

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
So it’s either DEI incompetency or a super elaborate plan to swing the election

Have you been in society the last 10 years? Worked in any major or small company? Which of the two possibilities do you think it is?
I've worked in a small tech company for the past 37 years. What was your point?...or did you even have one?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Hey Sugar Tits ... what, IF ANY ... Experience are YOU Bringing to the Table

I've been working in the IT Field for 23 years, supporting everything from Small Businesses as a consultant, working Gov contracts doing email migrations to managing an IT Dept for a Fortune 500 Company ...

Desktop Support - Win 3.11 to Win 10, Mac OS from System 6.05 to OSX
Network Administrator - Cisco, 3com
System Admin - Windows NT 4.0 to Win 2012
MIS Manager - Manage all the IT Assets at a major theme park 175 Point of Sale Terminals, Digital Menu Boards, a Jumbotron, Park Audio

Building PCs
Repairing Desktops, Laptops and File Servers - HP and Dell Certified

I have been using Personal Computers since the Heathkit H89 was introduced. in 1978
My father was a Programmer in the 1970's

My .02 DIE Hires have dumbed down the Staff, competent people [ aka smart men] flee this WOKE Nonsense, leaving the blue haired feminists and beta cucks who are promoted because the use the proper pronouns

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
But it wasn't even code. It was a file of nothing but ZEROS. How does a file of Zeros get published with absolutely no checks?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
But it wasn't even code. It was a file of nothing but ZEROS. How does a file of Zeros get published with absolutely no checks?

DIE Incompetence

NOT following Change Management Procedures - no code review, no testing

Somebunny just pulled the trigger and pushed out a GLOBAL patch and update

Last edited:

Chopticon64

Hey Sugar Tits ... what, IF ANY ... Experience are YOU Bringing to the Table

I've been working in the IT Field for 23 years, supporting everything from Small Businesses as a consultant, working Gov contracts doing email migrations to managing an IT Dept for a Fortune 500 Company ...

Desktop Support - Win 3.11 to Win 10, Mac OS from System 6.05 to OSX
Network Administrator - Cisco, 3com
System Admin - Windows NT 4.0 to Win 2012
MIS Manager - Manage all the IT Assets at a major theme park 175 Point of Sale Terminals, Digital Menu Boards, a Jumbotron, Park Audio

Building PCs
Repairing Desktops, Laptops and File Servers - HP and Dell Certified

I have been using Personal Computers since the Heathkit H89 was introduced. in 1978
My father was a Programmer in the 1970's

My .02 DIE Hires have dumbed down the Staff, competent people [ aka smart men] flee this WOKE Nonsense, leaving the blue haired feminists and beta cucks who are promoted because the use the proper pronouns

So you made my point, this isn’t some test of a bigger disruption, it’s just incompetency.