Cruise ship pricing

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
What would you consider average per day, per person for each category of a cruise ship. The 4 categories being inside, porthole, balcony & suite.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Here's an example of some crazy pricing. I don't think you could get 3 decent meals for this price.

4 nights departing October 28, 2013 on Norwegian's Norwegian Sky

Inside $109
Ocean view $149
Balcony $249
Suite $899

ITINERARY

DAY DATE PORT ARRIVE DEPART
Mon Oct 28 Miami, FL 5:00pm
Tue Oct 29 Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas 8:00am 5:00pm
Wed Oct 30 Nassau, Bahamas 8:00am 6:00pm
Thu Oct 31 Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas 8:00am 5:00pm
Fri Nov 1 Miami, FL

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
There are so many variables that there's not a single "average" price. BTW, you won't get a better deal at a "discount" cruise sight. The price on the actual cruise line website is the price you will pay, and it's the same price listed everywhere. What you might get with a travel agent is free gratuities, meals, drinks, OBC, etc.

tes218

Here's an example of some crazy pricing. I don't think you could get 3 decent meals for this price.

4 nights departing October 28, 2013 on Norwegian's Norwegian Sky

Inside $109
Ocean view $149
Balcony $249
Suite $899

ITINERARY

DAY DATE PORT ARRIVE DEPART
Mon Oct 28 Miami, FL 5:00pm
Tue Oct 29 Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas 8:00am 5:00pm
Wed Oct 30 Nassau, Bahamas 8:00am 6:00pm
Thu Oct 31 Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas 8:00am 5:00pm
Fri Nov 1 Miami, FL

Love this cruise as a quick getaway in Feb. We've done it a couple of times and talk about making this one a yearly tradition. I got a price through my timeshare exchange program that even Norwegian said they couldn't match.

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
If you are able to go away on short notice, sign up for emails from the cruise lines. They sometimes offer great last minutes deals if there are still rooms available.

Rt235

What would you consider average per day, per person for each category of a cruise ship. The 4 categories being inside, porthole, balcony & suite.

Man do I need glasses...thought this post said, "Cruise Ship Racing!!"

Or maybe otta quit that early one after work!!:buddies:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I prefer ship prices to be all-inclusive, not divided into categories. And from what I'm seeing, I'm not interested anyway. Cripes, an aircraft carrier just sold for a penny! And it's about a thousand feet long. No, my advice is, if you're going to buy a cruise ship, find a competent broker and stop messing around with travel agents and discount sites. :yay:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
:jet: What an idea! Buy an aircraft carrier and convert it to a cruise ship. You could have a football field and a soccer field on the flight deck, have hundreds of rooms with balconies, huge ballrooms and VERY spacious elevators....wow, super cool. :yay:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
There are so many variables that there's not a single "average" price. BTW, you won't get a better deal at a "discount" cruise sight. The price on the actual cruise line website is the price you will pay, and it's the same price listed everywhere. What you might get with a travel agent is free gratuities, meals, drinks, OBC, etc.

That's true, we just booked ours for February, didn't go through and agent this time, saved some money. The 3 of us, we got the Grand Suite, hubby and I got the alcohol package, plus a few other extras. 4 nights to the Bahamas was about 3200. Our cabin is huge, on our last cruise we were so cramped, I fell in the middle of the night climbing over my daugher who was on this little pull out bed. :killingme No more of that.