Curls, Curls, Curls

So I went and got my perm and I need some good product recommendations for managing curly hair. I bought some stuff to scrunch it with and it came out too crunchy ya know.

Any ideas? Shampoo, condition, etc. I'm want to hear about everything.

workin hard said:
So I went and got my perm and I need some good product recommendations for managing curly hair. I bought some stuff to scrunch it with and it came out too crunchy ya know.

A great mousse for curly hair is Joico's JoiWhip. I get it at Trade Secret. It's the only mousse that works with my hair (I have quite a bit of ringlet curls).

I used to use Redken's Fresh Curls shampoo and conditioner but found it made my scalp itch. Lately I've used SunSilk's De-Frizz.

Also, check your karma.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
workin hard said:

:banghead: I wish I could remember the name of the product line I used to use before my hair grew out and wouldn't hold it well...

Sometimes, I hold onto to things, "just in case" or "just cause", so, when I get a chance later, I'll look and see if I can find these two little cannister like things - something like molding mud would come in...

How fun for you! :yay:

Speedy70 said:
A great mousse for curly hair is Joico's JoiWhip. I get it at Trade Secret. It's the only mousse that works with my hair (I have quite a bit of ringlet curls).

I used to use Redken's Fresh Curls shampoo and conditioner but found it made my scalp itch. Lately I've used SunSilk's De-Frizz.

Also, check your karma.

Got it! Yeah I'm leaning towards the Redken stuff because I love the spray gel. It held well but wasn't crunchy.

workin hard said:
Got it! Yeah I'm leaning towards the Redken stuff because I love the spray gel. It held well but wasn't crunchy.

Oh yeah! The Fresh Curls spray gel was awesome. It was a life saver on my wedding day (it poured down rain). My hair never frizzed!

sccrmommy

Speedy-I used to use Redkins Fresh Curls too and it made my scalp itch so bad! When I called the salon they told me there was no way it could have been the product so it must have been the coloring in my highlights. I'm glad someone else had this problem, now I'll feel better when I go back and tell them they were wrong!!!

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
workin hard said:

I suggest Redken Satinwear then a little Dove mousse. You should have soft, flexible curls. :smile:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Chasey_Lane said:
I suggest Redken Satinwear then a little Dove mousse. You should have soft, flexible curls. :smile:
I don't know what it is about Dove products and Tresseme products, but they tend to make my face feel itchy. But everyone else I know seems to really like Dove because it's so gentle.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
workin hard said:
I haven't heard of Satinwear before. Mousse, gel, what?
It is a lotion. I run some through my hair in the mornings before I dry/style. It leaves my hair really soft. The Hair Cuttery usually has small samples of different products for you to try. Maybe go that route and get a few samples before committing to anything.

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
I have long naturally curly hair and over the years have tried EVERYTHING to tame this unruly mess. I swear by TX Effects Curls Up. Excellent all day frizz control, my hair is soft and touchable, my curls are nicely defined and it smells good too!

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
virgovictoria said:
I don't know what it is about Dove products and Tresseme products, but they tend to make my face feel itchy. But everyone else I know seems to really like Dove because it's so gentle.
It could be the alcohol or something else in them that may be sensitive to you. :shrug:

Nanny Pam

forever jewel said:
I like Tresemme or Garnier Fruitis Shampoo and Conditioner :yay:
I had naturally curly hair before I buzzed it all off, and I think Garnier sucks. I loved Tresemme' though. :yay:
The Garnier smells funny, too. :barf:

Nanny Pam said:
I had naturally curly hair before I buzzed it all off, and I think Garnier sucks. I loved Tresemme' though. :yay:
The Garnier smells funny, too. :barf:

I wasn't a fan of Garnier when I had straight hair.

Chasey_Lane said:
It is a lotion. I run some through my hair in the mornings before I dry/style. It leaves my hair really soft. The Hair Cuttery usually has small samples of different products for you to try. Maybe go that route and get a few samples before committing to anything.

I'll have to do that because I have about $100 or so of Redken in my cart at Amazon that I should probably see if I can get samples of first.

GeezLouise

tired and content....
workin hard said:

Do you like how it turned out?