Curls, Curls, Curls

Nanny Pam

forever jewel said:
You think so? I always like the apple smell, but to each her own :shrug:
I really think it is because I am busy, chasing these youngins' around all day, and my head gets sweaty. Maybe that's it. :shrug:

GeezLouise said:
Do you like how it turned out?

I do...it's still a little coarse from all the perm chemicals and I think the back has fallen out a bit but the hairdresser said that could be expected because of the horomones from having the baby and because I haven't had a perm before.

But I scrunch and go in the morning. It's fab!!

sccrmommy said:
Speedy-I used to use Redkins Fresh Curls too and it made my scalp itch so bad! When I called the salon they told me there was no way it could have been the product so it must have been the coloring in my highlights. I'm glad someone else had this problem, now I'll feel better when I go back and tell them they were wrong!!!

That's interesting! To tell you the truth, I used it for years thinking it was just my scalp. I tried so many dry scalp and dandruff shampoos trying to cure it. Once I stopped using Redken shampoos (I've also used the Smooth Down for when I straighten my hair) my head stopped itching.

Nanny Pam said:
I had naturally curly hair before I buzzed it all off, and I think Garnier sucks. I loved Tresemme' though. :yay:
The Garnier smells funny, too. :barf:

Garnier dried out my hair. It was awful.

Also, and I'm sure those with curly hair know this, BUT never comb or brush your hair unless you do it in the shower with a wide-toothed comb with conditioner in your hair. Also, on hot and humid days, rinse your conditioner with the water as cold as you can stand it. :yay:

S

starr

MysticalMom said:
I have long naturally curly hair and over the years have tried EVERYTHING to tame this unruly mess. I swear by TX Effects Curls Up. Excellent all day frizz control, my hair is soft and touchable, my curls are nicely defined and it smells good too!
Is the brand called TX? Where do you get it?

GeezLouise

tired and content....
workin hard said:
I do...it's still a little coarse from all the perm chemicals and I think the back has fallen out a bit but the hairdresser said that could be expected because of the horomones from having the baby and because I haven't had a perm before.

But I scrunch and go in the morning. It's fab!!

I would LOVE to be able to do that! :cheesy:

Happygirl

Walking for a cure!!
workin hard said:
So I went and got my perm and I need some good product recommendations for managing curly hair. I bought some stuff to scrunch it with and it came out too crunchy ya know.

Any ideas? Shampoo, condition, etc. I'm want to hear about everything.

Where did you have your perm done? I have very fine/thin hair and am looking for someone who is really good and giving the right type of perm.

sockgirl77

Anything Aussie! I love their products. I'm working on a year and a half with my perm and can still get it to look brand new. :yay:

Angel

~*~*~
I have naturally curly hair and after years of searching finally found some awesome shampoo and conditioner by Tigi called Curls Rock. I love this stuff! After I towel dry my hair I use this stuff from Paul Mitchells Express Style line called Round Trip and that seems to tame the frizzies well enough. :yay:

Cowgirl

sockgirl77 said:
Anything Aussie! I love their products. I'm working on a year and a half with my perm and can still get it to look brand new. :yay:

:confused: It hasn't grown out? Your hair must grow slowly.

sockgirl77

Cowgirl said:
:confused: It hasn't grown out? Your hair must grow slowly.
It has grown alot but the curl on the bottom still looks good. All I have to do is spray my Sprunch Spray, flip my hair upside down, and blow dry. :yay:

bcp

In My Opinion
workin hard said:
So I went and got my perm and I need some good product recommendations for managing curly hair. I bought some stuff to scrunch it with and it came out too crunchy ya know.

Any ideas? Shampoo, condition, etc. I'm want to hear about everything.
Have you seen something about Mary?

just asking.

sockgirl77 said:
It has grown alot but the curl on the bottom still looks good. All I have to do is spray my Sprunch Spray, flip my hair upside down, and blow dry. :yay:

I love the smell of Aussie but the Scrunch spray seemed too crunchy. I love the Redken Spray Gel and the Pantene mouse for curly hair.

sockgirl77

workin hard said:
I love the smell of Aussie but the Scrunch spray seemed too crunchy. I love the Redken Spray Gel and the Pantene mouse for curly hair.
They have different stregths. I get Flexible instead of Firm. :yay:

S

StrwberryKisses

I have given up trying to get rid of my curls. They make this stuff called curls up and I really like it. I know that at the end of the day I can use the spray and my curls look fresh and perfect.

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
Speedy70 said:
I looked for this at Target today and couldn't find it. :jameo:

I was at Walmart yesterday and they also carry it now. It's in an odd shaped yellow bottle with a purple top. They had the TX Effects Curl Boost too. But don't waste your money, it's sticky.

MysticalMom said:
I was at Walmart yesterday and they also carry it now. It's in an odd shaped yellow bottle with a purple top. They had the TX Effects Curl Boost too. But don't waste your money, it's sticky.

Thanks, I'll try Wally World! :yay: