cycles

libby

Does anyone here think 14 1/2 is a little old for not having started menstruation, or is that still well within the "normal" range? This is the latest I've ever heard of, so I'd love to be told that it's not any sort of abnormal.
thanks

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
It's not unusual. Or at least it didn't used to be unusual. Girls today imho seem to be getting them too early.

Anyway, factors, blah blah blah, and the "experts" say girls start between 8 and 15.
Menstruation Symptoms, Causes, Treatment - When does a girl usually get her first period? on MedicineNet
Excerpt:
In the United States, the average age for a girl to get her first period is 12. This does not mean that all girls start at the same age. A girl can start her period anytime between the ages of 8 and 15. Most of the time, the first period starts about 2 years after breasts first start to develop. If a girl has not had her first period by age 15, or if it has been more than 2 to 3 years since breast growth started, she should see a doctor.

I think I was 14 when I got mine, or maybe almost 14. Does she seem to be developing in other areas? I'd call the gyno to ask about it but I'm sure there's nothing to worry about. Hopefully it's just a couple less years she'll have to deal with it :smile:

sockgirl77

I think I was 14 when I got mine, or maybe almost 14. Does she seem to be developing in other areas? I'd call the gyno to ask about it but I'm sure there's nothing to worry about. Hopefully it's just a couple less years she'll have to deal with it :smile:

I was 13, but 2 months shy of 14. I'll never forget that day...white shorts in the 8th grade lunchroom. :ohwell:

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Nah, I had several girlfriends who didn't start until they were 17. The only reason I remember mine is because I got it on my 13th birthday. I haven't liked the number 13 since. :lol:

I was 13, but 2 months shy of 14. I'll never forget that day...white shorts in the 8th grade lunchroom. :ohwell:

Actually, I was in 8th grade so I was 13 too. I didn't start until I got home from school but I was soooo excited!! I just KNEW I was gonna grow boobs! Ha, NOPE!! Anyway, I couldn't get ahold of my Mom so I ended up telling my Dad first...hehe. AND I wore red Guess jeans the next day. Oh yeah! :lmao:

Nah, I had several girlfriends who didn't start until they were 17. The only reason I remember mine is because I got it on my 13th birthday. I haven't liked the number 13 since. :lol:

:lol:

sockgirl77

Actually, I was in 8th grade so I was 13 too. I didn't start until I got home from school but I was soooo excited!! I just KNEW I was gonna grow boobs! Ha, NOPE!! Anyway, I couldn't get ahold of my Mom so I ended up telling my Dad first...hehe. AND I wore red Guess jeans the next day. Oh yeah! :lmao:

:lol:

I started growing my boobs 4 years before my period started. :lol:

My friend started hers in 3rd grade, poor thing. She hated it! Of course. Her older sister made fun of her for growing hair and boobs, then ended up being jealous of it......of course :lol: Still, can you imagine having to explain to a 3rd grader what's happening to their body? We hadn't even watched that video yet! You know, the one we all watched in 5th grade...hehe

I started growing my boobs 4 years before my period started. :lol:

Mine might've started growing something like 4 years after....a little. Damn titty fairy didn't visit my house that often. No worries, I ended up growing just over a cup in a few hours when I was about 20 :wink:

My friend started hers in 3rd grade, poor thing. She hated it! Of course. Her older sister made fun of her for growing hair and boobs, then ended up being jealous of it......of course :lol: Still, can you imagine having to explain to a 3rd grader what's happening to their body? We hadn't even watched that video yet! You know, the one we all watched in 5th grade...hehe

Mine might've started growing something like 4 years after....a little. Damn titty fairy didn't visit my house that often. No worries, I ended up growing just over a cup in a few hours when I was about 20 :wink:

I was a DD in 6th grade. It was humiliating :cds: I have since shrunken a cup size. :ohwell:

:wink:

I've gone up another cup size in the past few months too! Though that'll soon go away, wahh! When I get these puppies redone I'm taking a picture of my milk boobs and say "Make me look like this me :biggrin:"

I was a DD in 6th grade. It was humiliating :cds: I have since shrunken a cup size. :ohwell:

Oh that's horrible! Girls must've hated you!! :lol:

I didn't realize you were a D cup, they don't look that big. I mean, they don't look small either...just not 'big'.

:wink:

I've gone up another cup size in the past few months too! Though that'll soon go away, wahh! When I get these puppies redone I'm taking a picture of my milk boobs and say "Make me look like this me :biggrin:"

Oh that's horrible! Girls must've hated you!! :lol:

I didn't realize you were a D cup, they don't look that big. I mean, they don't look small either...just not 'big'.

:lol: Thanks? I guess I am more like a C+ / D- ?

And No girls didnt hate me... they joined in making fun of me.

MMM_donuts

I was 15 and I wasn't the last of my friends.....then again, my boobs never really came in so take that for whatever its worth :(